Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frame limiter = crap
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
a_bunk_id
I know they recommend if you have a fast rig to leave it on, and crank up view distance / aa, but don't be deceited. It looks like a whole new game with limiter turned off. The only reason I had it on in the first place was because I thought that was their way of re-naming vsync...

Now, go ahead and crank that aa and view distance up anyway, i have them both maxed out, 6800gt, and it runs like a champ... Rare occasions I see it get just a little chop, but never as bad as it was with that BS frame limiter on.

cheers

I will add tho, I've noticed about 2 - 3 seconds of straight lag when first getting into a vehicle after turning off frame limiter, and on occasion while walking (or driving) it does the same thing. Game appears to lockup for 2-3 secs and then goes right back to normal operation. you were warned.

Please edit your posts, instead of double posting - Psycho
Un-Amurikan Bastage
Don't double post. wink.gif
rsk
Frame limiter basically syncs your frames, so instead of having 150 fps you would be capped at 100, I left it off and maxed my graphics, smooth as it can be.
Vercetty666
I play GTA SA with frame limiter OFF. When is On the game is with more slower gameplay but fixes many issues, right?
a_bunk_id
Don't double post  wink.gif

shut yer hole

Frame limiter basically syncs your frames, so instead of having 150 fps you would be capped at 100, I left it off and maxed my graphics, smooth as it can be.

wrong... frame limiter is a built in frame limitation that runs the game at 30 fps, no matter what the situation. They put that in for everyone who buys the game on a p2 600mhz / geforce 2 mx. It's not remotely close to vsync, and makes a good looking game look like shit.

I play GTA SA with frame limiter OFF. When is On the game is with more slower gameplay but fixes many issues, right?

I beleive so, yes. It does seem to resolve minor issues on rare occasions.

Please edit your posts, instead of double posting and don't flame members for trying to tell you the rules. - Psycho
marianopicco
Theres no such thing as a P2 at 600 MHz tongue.gif
Dima_2005
Sorry but it can be a P2 at 600 Mhz ( with an overclock and watercooling which will you cost something like 200$-170€
Wuuzoku
I have it off, and graphics at max, work's perfectly.
psychř
QUOTE(Dima_2005 @ Aug 8 2005, 08:43 AM)
Sorry but it can be a P2 at 600 Mhz ( with an overclock and watercooling which will you cost something like 200$-170€
[right][snapback]799380[/snapback][/right]

You don't need water cooling and the fact is no one is going to bother to overclock a p2.
matthew3
can i do this vsync and framelimiter on the xbox 360??????????????????????????????
neko_ceko
fucking 2 year bump
grimace619
can i do this vsync and framelimiter on the xbox 360??????????????????????????????

LMAO

whats with the 2 year !
Nec
QUOTE(matthew3 @ Jun 2 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1444297[/snapback]

I don't know, but I am sure someone will. And don't mind them. They are poth PITAs rolleyes.gif
neko_ceko
wtf are pitas lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.