Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: problem with radio stations in PC version of VC
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Qwark
Howdy. I have Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for the PC. I didn't purchase the game my brother did and I assume he has the CD for it. I have a problem. all the radio stations, vrock etc, will not play anything. I can scroll through them on the list in game, but they won't play anything, only the MP3 player works. Is the game possibly missing some files or something? Can I get the radio stations to work, or am I screwed? I'm a computer noob, so I don't really know what I'm doing. Thanks for the help.
Nanook
The radio stations are on the CD as far as I know, so you need that in for them to play

You could always try reinstalling the game, after backing up your saved files of course
Qwark
QUOTE(Nanook @ Jul 22 2005, 01:21 PM)
The radio stations are on the CD as far as I know, so you need that in for them to play

You could always try reinstalling the game, after backing up your saved files of course
[right][snapback]765327[/snapback][/right]

I was afraid you were going to say that. Unfortunately, my brother and I had a falling out and he is not speaking to me. So, I don't think I would be able to get the game CD from him to reinstall the game. To be honest, I don't even know how he obtained the game. If I knew someone with VC would just having them copy and paste the missing files and sending them as an attachement in an email so I could copy and paste them in the right folder work?

On an unrelated note, how come VC doesn't show up in the add/remove programs box under control panel, but I can still play the game? Thanks for putting up with the newb questions.
Nanook
Not sure on Add/Remove, is it a cracked game?

As for using it as it is did you perform a complete install, if you did the radio stations should be on yoru hard drive, if you didn't they won't be. As for sending you them, they would be huge files, and it would be a lot of work.
Repoman
Just go out and buy it - the PC version is available now for like $5.

Qwark
QUOTE(Nanook @ Jul 22 2005, 04:12 PM)
Not sure on Add/Remove, is it a cracked game?

As for using it as it is did you perform a complete install, if you did the radio stations should be on yoru hard drive, if you didn't they won't be. As for sending you them, they would be huge files, and it would be a lot of work.
[right][snapback]765693[/snapback][/right]

To my knowledge, it is not a cracked game, how would I tell? As to how I installed it, it was on one of the other computers (home network) in the house. I just did a copy and paste on the folder from its location on the C drive of the other computer to the C drive on my computer.
Nanook
Unless you did a complete install the radio stations are not on your hard disk which means you can't use them without a CD

As I sed the best way to solve this is to reinstall it
i r nub
I think he probally downloaded it. I downloaded it awhile back and none of the radio stations worked except mp3.
microdude431
all the stations worked for me and i didnt even play with my CD in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.