Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original disk could not be found or authenticated
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
TravelnBoi
I have installed the game no prob. I played it for 2 hours. The next day it tells me it can't find or authenticate the very disk I had just played on! My computer exceeds all requirements and all the drivers on my computer and the firmware for the dvd player are all up to date. I also reinstalled it a few times to make sure.
Why does it work one day and no others?! wallbash_red.gif
Xen55
Give this a try.

It's called a No-Cd loader. Basically it starts the game without the need for a cd. It's simple. Just download one of the No DVD cracks. Then go into the san andreas folder and replace the san adreas.exe with the one it gives you.

No links to No CD/DVD Patches - Psycho
Axonis
Or just clean the disk tongue.gif With a tissue if it is that simple. Or use a bufffer, Although i wouldent suggest the latter beacuse if you bought the dvd edition, then it has two layers. And you could damage it. But then again, i wouldent suggest it.

Just use a tissue. Or get a crack
TravelnBoi
Thanks guys but nope not even a crack works on this thing. I put it in and changed it and when you click on it a black screen appears and disappears. Not very exciting but very aggravating. The security is way way too much if trying to play the game you paid for is like hacking into the IRS! I bought it a month ago and it is still keeping me out. Thanks RockStar! Oh and the disk is new, clean and never been touched. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Still wallbash_red.gif
Axonis
Is it repeatable, or is it a once off. Once on thing ?
Gemini
I have the same problem and tried to the NO CD thing. It shows up as a white screen and then it shows the rockstar intro, then another white screen and then the game exits onto windows.

Any idea?
TravelnBoi
All too repeatable. I'm wondering if I need to get around some other bugs. Remember this did play once and never again. Now it locks me out. Can I make a copy of this and make it so the security parts are left out? I am grasping at straws here but any ideas is better than sending the game back, for now.
Yeah Gemini I think there are a lot of people with this problem but who can hack this thing? Remember the days when you installed a game a then just played it? Ah those were the days...
Axonis
Indeed. But then again. those games took 10 minutes to install. Wheras newer games take up to 2 hours ! Complications eh ?
TravelnBoi
Any tips on this or is everyone all tapped out?
Cerebral Stasis
QUOTE(Axonis @ Jul 26 2005, 06:04 AM)
Indeed. But then again. those games took 10 minutes to install. Wheras newer games take up to 2 hours !
[right][snapback]773671[/snapback][/right]

What kind of computer/game are you running to back THAT up?

Seriously, with all this bullshit going on with the sexual content, Rockstar probably has their plate full. So, thanks to the people who decided to sue Rockstar because they had experimental (and hidden) adult content that someone found and managed to bring back into the game, those who paid good money for the game are having to wait a helluva lot longer to get the game patch.. Thanks alot, you fucking whiny-ass bitch. Who's for bringing a lawsuit against this old cunt for delaying our entertainment?
Axonis
Seriously, with all this bullshit going on with the sexual content, Rockstar probably has their plate full. So, thanks to the people who decided to sue Rockstar because they had experimental (and hidden) adult content that someone found and managed to bring back into the game, those who paid good money for the game are having to wait a helluva lot longer to get the game patch.. Thanks alot, you fucking whiny-ass bitch. Who's for bringing a lawsuit against this old cunt for delaying our entertainment?

I agree. But this should be in the Rants And Raves Section
HyperActiveFreak
I have the same problem TraveinBoi has. Does it affect the whole game?
Axonis
Ok, i tried this. Where did you download your crack from ?
TravelnBoi
Side note : I used to work in an electronics dept. at Wal-Mart. I hated it because they treat you like crap and when people asked me what a game was really like I told them. I have told parents Vice City had prostitues and very strong adult themes and would probably be rated R if it was a movie. The parents didn't care! Usually they didn't even ask and when they did and I told them the truth and they would say something like "well he wants it" and bought it anyway. Parents don't care. Sad but too true.

My stat's are in the picture. I tried some new stuff this weekend like Alchohol 120%. No I didn't get drunk... Its a program to help you play games without the CD. I also tried the crack... no I didn't buy drugs but I still feel wasted cuz that didn't work either. The crack came from gamecopyworld becauce the one from another site is just a 3kb nothing. I overwrote it into the gta_sa.exe as suggested. I have found 7 other suggestions to fix this on this site and none work. HELP thanks wallbash_red.gif
Axonis
Your video card memory is only 64MB. Poor Form !
psych°
Are you running window blinds, if so turn it off.
Laughing Man
QUOTE(TravelnBoi @ Aug 1 2005, 11:08 PM)
Side note :  I used to work in an electronics dept. at Wal-Mart.  I hated it because they treat you like crap and when people asked me what a game was really like I told them.  I have told parents Vice City had prostitues and very strong adult themes and would probably be rated R if it was a movie.  The parents didn't care!  Usually they didn't even ask and when they did and I told them the truth and they would say something like "well he wants it" and bought it anyway.  Parents don't care.  Sad but too true.

My stat's are in the picture.  I tried some new stuff this weekend like Alchohol 120%.  No I didn't get drunk... Its a program to help you play games without the CD.  I also tried the crack... no I didn't buy drugs but I still feel wasted cuz that didn't work either.  The crack came from gamecopyworld becauce the one from another site is just a 3kb nothing.  I overwrote it into the gta_sa.exe as suggested.  I have found 7 other suggestions to fix this on this site and none work.  HELP    thanks  wallbash_red.gif
[right][snapback]787093[/snapback][/right]

1) yeah, then they go complain about the game. wallbash_red.gif

2) Alcohol 120% basically makes a disc image and you can store it on your HD. Then you load it with onto a virtual drive and play from there. It didn't work either? Try asking the folks at their support forum. They'll help you with what security settings to choose if you don't know about them. Good people there, I use to be one of those that helped people make working images of their games.
TravelnBoi
I have never heard of window blinds but I couldn't find it. How do I find if I am using this?

No it didn't work from the virtual drive. : (

Thanks for the hints! I'm starting to feel like I may actually play some day. : )
HyperActiveFreak
WindowbLinds is a free program to "customize" your desktop look.
Ultimate Sweetness
QUOTE(TravelnBoi @ Aug 1 2005, 11:08 PM)
Side note :  I used to work in an electronics dept. at Wal-Mart.  I hated it because they treat you like crap and when people asked me what a game was really like I told them.  I have told parents Vice City had prostitues and very strong adult themes and would probably be rated R if it was a movie.  The parents didn't care!  Usually they didn't even ask and when they did and I told them the truth and they would say something like "well he wants it" and bought it anyway.  Parents don't care.  Sad but too true.
[right][snapback]787093[/snapback][/right]

Wanna hear pathetic? I, a grown woman at 26 yrs of age at the time, asked my mother for Vice City for a Christmas present when it came out for PS2. She told me she was going to get it for me, but she had seen on TV a few nights before she went out to buy gifts how violent it was. I guess I'm too young. happy.gif She finally "gave in" and got me GTAIII for PS2 the next year, instead of the double pack for Xbox.

See if I buy HER any fun games for her computer this Dec! ^_~ (Just kiddin)
Laughing Man
o.O You could just ask for the money or store credit to buy the game tongue.gif

BTW: GTA:SA for the PC has SecuROM 7 protection. So under the ISO making image settings make sure you select that.

TravelnBoi
Hey I got the game because it WAS violent! Ask for gift card and then you can get all the blood and gore you like. Moms just don't understand.

But anyway, my Alcohol 120% copy does the same thing the disk copy does. There is no disk being checked but it still can't authenticate? What does this mean?

(No Windows Blinds)
Ultimate Sweetness
QUOTE(Laughing Man @ Aug 4 2005, 10:41 AM)
o.O You could just ask for the money or store credit to buy the game tongue.gif
[right][snapback]792130[/snapback][/right]

hehe this past year I got a nice gift card for Best Buy that I used on Karaoke Revolution (Sorry, I'm Japanese, my DNA pulls me towards games like that with intensity for some reason) for Xbox and a new headset for my PC, and just got SA myself. ^^
Anachronist
Hi,

the "disk could not be authentificated within time limit" error is most likely caused by the copy protection. There are several things you can do:

1. Download a newer driver for your dvd (if there is one - the hp of the manufactoerer of your drive is a good start)

2. Deactivate the DMA-Settings for your DVD. (Start-->Controle Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager--->IDE/ATA-Atapi Controler-->Primary Channel-->Advanced Settings-->Switch from "DMA, if available" to "PIO only-->same thing for the Secondary Controle Channel"

3. Deactivate all Applictions runnngi in the background, especially the Anti Virus Software.

4. Deinstall all kind of software meant to duplicate cd`s and dvd`s (for example Nero Burning Rom). You should also deinstall all kind of virtual drives, demon tools etc. The security software on the dvd will be triggered if it discovers stuff like that.

5. Try to slow your dvd down. If the driver software of your dvd does not allow to slow the dvd down, try to find a tool for it at the internet. Note: There isn`t such a tool for every dvd.

6. Pray or curse a lot ... don`t know if it helps, but it wouldn`t hurt wink.gif

J÷rg
TravelnBoi
Thanks everyone for your ideas but still no luck. Laughing man your idea only got me a different error message. Incredably on a pretend drive it was still asking to remove the current disk (???) and incert the original disk!

Anachronist I tried everything but slowing the speed. No luck. All my drivers and Firmware are new. I tried to find a site for my drive but no luck. Where do you think I could find a new driver for this. The present diver only allowes me to change the write speed. : (
Laughing Man
New drivers are most likely on the manufactuer's website..

I'm thinking this might have happened "http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=12125"

Edit: Yep "http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=20289". Securom 7 blacklists Alcohol 120% so you'll have to find a blacklist fix. Try the first link I posted.
Get Sum Thug Luv
If the crack didn't work try getting a patch for it. I had the same problem for a minute till I patched it wit "PatchFX" is the name
TravelnBoi
First of all PatchFX is a virus which my system detected and erased. Just look for it on any site and you'll get a trojen, thanks Get Sum! I have enough to do tracking down a fix for this Securom nightmare, I don't need to be introduced to viruses.

I tried the Alcohol 120 and it didn't work on their either. I can try more stuff through them but thats whole other issues and more and more time.

And now for my Give UP Speach

I was not going to let this problem beat me but I have saved 16 fixes (!) (more if you add up Alcohol fixs) for this and tried them all to no effect. I think it has something to do with the security but no one knows so this can not be fixed. I just give up on this! I thank everyone for their ideas even though they didn't work. I bought this in June and I still can't play this! I have spent so many long hours downloading, installing, uninstalling, searching, and making changes on my computer all wasted. I am not going to wast any more of anyones time and call the tech's. They will tell me to do some more stuff that doesn't work and then they will tell me that I can return it if I still have the receipt and then it will finally be over. I might buy it again when it's $10 and all the problems are fixed. I will never buy a Rockstar game agian until it is patched and reduced greatly in price. If anyone has any last ideas on how to fix this thanks, I will try them before calling the Tech's. Thanks everyone! And RockStar and Securom you sooooo bite. sad.gif
callmedoug
After i installed the official "no-coffee" patch - btw, i never installed hot coffee or any other program. I installed no-coffee because it was supposed to fix the sound bug I was having.

anyway. once i installed the patch, my original CD stop being recognized. It always told me to put the orignal disk in. The only way I can now get me game to run is to open and close the diskdrive, so it runs the autorun file, and then choose "run GTA SA" from the menu.

Even doing this sometimes doesn't work, but it will run the game about 90% of the time.

btw,
when i called Rockstar, they ask me why i installed the patch if I never had hot coffee installed, and I said for the sound fix, they told me that the patch only fixed hot coffee, and did not do anything else - contrary to the patch notes.

So try running the game from the original disk autorun menu and see if that works for you.

edit to fix my horrible spelling.
atrain
i'm having the same problem & only since i installed the patch then rebooted. it played fine with the patch until the reboot. mine wont even start from the autorun. tech support for take2 games costs 2.60/minute what a joke.

who doubts rockstar will provide a fix for this? they only 'fixed' the sound bugs because of the hotcoffee thing.
Laughing Man
Btw..anyone else who has securom 7 problems can try this..

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=19495&st=0
atrain
i fixed it. uninstalled & reinstalled sans the patch. i backed up the set file & some of the saves & can confirm 1.1 saves will still work with 1.0
Axonis
Intsead of Calling Tech Suport. Why dont you email them ?

Its Free !
TravelnBoi
Thanks Axonis I did and am waiting for a reply.
I tried starting the game first thing as I turn on the computer but it never works for me.

They spent their time not on fixing known problems but on a patch for an unofficial mission??? So we can guess those calling the shots just don't care about their customers. This explains a lot. glare.gif
TravelnBoi
I've also tried Alcohol 120 but it doesn't work with securom 7 unless you buy it and then you will be allowed to use the patch. That would be another $55 on top of the $50 to get the game itself! FYI I ain't buying anything that can't work on the first game I try it on! From what I have experienced GTA has developed a security system so tight even an owner can't play it. It's bananas! Jumpy.gif
HyperActiveFreak
Well, SA definately has a lot of technical problems...they should have a huge patch to fix them all at once biggrin.gif Although it would be impossible...
If they did, I bet they'll charge each user $10 laugh.gif
Axonis

I did and am waiting for a reply.

From my experience, Tech Support take quite a while to get back to you. In my case. I sent them an email on the 10th Of July, and i still havent received anything.

Dont'ya hate it when things get lost ?

I fixed my problem, and in 6 months i will probaby get a reply. What The !
TravelnBoi
So in other words they don't return their emails... Sounds like RockStar. So I have to call them then if I am going to be within the deadline to return it. Well thanks for the emailling advise but thanks more for the don't email advise!
Axonis
Well, you can take your chances !

Personally i'd wait 6 months and not pay. But thats just me !
TravelnBoi
I am usually the same way but in 6 months the game will be patched and be half the price. By then I won't need the email. Thanks this is very helpful and probably saving me money too which is always nice. smile.gif

BY the way. I have gotten the official word back from Alcohol 120% and they said that it doesn't work for me with their system either because of the security issue. Their patch is said not to fix this in this game yet which is why I now have to get my money back.

I really rather play the game but nothing I do lets me and I have been trying everything for nearly 3 months! It really sickens me that RockStar took the time to blacklist this Alcohol but not the time to make it so that it works. I have had problems with other games and always fixed them in about 1 to 3 weeks but nothing on this scale. You have to expect some setbacks due to all the different systems and such but they know what this problem is and should just post it somewhere so I can avoid hating the company and avoiding their other games until there over a year old and on the $10 rack at Wal-mart. Lesson learned...
Axonis
A very expensive lesson. And yes,

It really sickens me that RockStar took the time to blacklist this Alcohol but not the time to make it so that it works.

Yes, they should have got their priorites right!
defleppard78
Hi there,

i've got the same problem, after installing the patch it tells me it can't find the original disc.

Is there a way to uninstall just the patch or do i have to reinstall the whole game.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.