Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do u Play or watch Sports
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2
Bigballer044
I myself Play American football and basketball. Because of course i live in America.
conFUSED
I don't play or watch anything.
Do Not Trust this Man
I Watch and Play Rugby Union...Not Rugby League. Union is a real mans sport.
Bigballer044
Whats the Difference between Rugby Union and League?
Fran
i play and watch football and i play for bristol rovers under 15's
Do Not Trust this Man
QUOTE(Bigballer044 @ Jul 7 2005, 03:07 PM)
Whats the Difference between Rugby Union and League?
[right][snapback]734130[/snapback][/right]

Quite a Few things, The Scoring is Different in Both. In Union you get...

Try = Five Points
Conversion = Two Points
Penalty = Three Points
Drop Goal (Feild Goal) = Three Points

In League i believe its

Try = Four Points
Conversion = Two Points
Penalty = One Point
Drop Goal = One Point

Correct me if i'm wrong.

The Styles of play are much different. In Union you have Rucks and Mauls and Lineouts, all of these don't appear in League. Scrums are different aswell, they are competitive in Union and uncompetitive in League. Union is more about strength whilst League is more about Agility. Union has 15 players per side and League has 13 players per side on the pitch at one time. In Union you recycle the ball via ruck, in league you recycle it via putting it through your legs.

Ruck (Doesn't appear in League):
user posted image

Getting trod on in a Ruck is a common place if your on the wrong side...like this fellow...Its legal too, if its below the shoulders

user posted image

Maul (Doesn't appear in League):

user posted image

If the ball is in the Air its a Maul, if its on the Floor its a ruck

Lineout (Doesn't appear in League):

user posted image

Scrum (Variations appear in League):

Rugby Union..
user posted image

Rugby League..

user posted image

Thinggy in League (Does appear in League and not Union)

user posted image

I Hope that helped.
FuddMan
Moving to Entertainment wink.gif.
scarface1616
I play and watch football and baseball.
LattO
Play and Watch, Soccer, Basketball, Football

If you don't play sports your a loser...
Eyemace
Play and watch Rugby league tongue.gif
Watch union aswell though.
Used to play football, don't any more although watch it a lot.
Watch all sorts of sports like extreme sports etc.
I also skateboard, if it counts.
S-
Play and watch American Football and Basketball
Do Not Trust this Man
QUOTE(Eyemace @ Jul 7 2005, 06:24 PM)
[right][snapback]734802[/snapback][/right]

What teams do you Support?...Out of Both Codes
Eyemace
QUOTE(lb90210 @ Jul 7 2005, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE(Eyemace @ Jul 7 2005, 06:24 PM)
[right][snapback]734802[/snapback][/right]

What teams do you Support?...Out of Both Codes
[right][snapback]734880[/snapback][/right]

Wakey Wildcats in league, they aint the best but they're my home town-team.
And in union I'm a neutral, just enjoy watching the games.
GSF_Hustla
QUOTE(LattO @ Jul 7 2005, 06:18 PM)
Play and Watch, Soccer, Basketball, Football

If you don't play sports your a loser...
[right][snapback]734785[/snapback][/right]

well put. I play football (canadian be it) and basketball. WR and F respectively.
Marriner
I watch football, but don't play it
Kamahl
i play soccer, basketball and i watch them too
mr.easy
I play american football.
kaftka
I enjoy most sports, especially when it's an international game. I'd watch any New Zealand team.

I play/played football (soccer) and rugby union and tennis. I play golf as well.

I watch Rugby Union and Rugby League. Basketball (NZ NBL, Tall Blacks internationals) Netball (Silver Ferns internationals), Hockey (Black sticks internationals) Badminton (Black Cocks <---yes real team name), and other sports such as V8 Supercars and Olympics and Commonwealth games etc. Anything where my country is playing.
NTC187
Im good at pretty much every sport, I dont mean to sound like an ego maniac, but its true. My most favourite sport is Basketball, followed by Rugby League. I chose play basketball on the list though, because I dont have Cable TV, and over here, thats what all the basketball is on, ESPN, but I get to see games some times at mates houses or I buy DVDs. Watch and play both.

Skillz
I hate watching sports.. shit is boring to me..

I play sports.
Toge
I play Basketball, Football, Ice hockey and Table tennis.
Caliguy
QUOTE(Supa-Nigguh @ Jul 7 2005, 11:25 AM)
Play and watch American Football and Basketball
[right][snapback]734804[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.
Bitch Heartless
I play basketball and i watch basketball and american footbal.
Fergo
i play

Gridiron
League
Cricket
Touch
i do boxing
i surf

But the sport i love the most is league nothing can beat it...

i live in australia and have just finished my first year playing gridiron a really different sport.... it's heaps good except i don't like how u start n stop... you kinda loose the anticipation... ur like geed for 1 play then you score a td then the defence comes on then it's time for offence and ur like oh yeh kool my turn again wow.....with league ur constantly doing something.....

Whats it like playing gridiron in america?? a usa Allstars team and a Arizona Allstars team are in australia right now playing a game against our AUS team... to bad it was my first year or else i woulda been in the team.... but yeh wats it like in america??

i play RB and we only play 7 a team and a 50 metre feild.... it's under 14's to 18's then when ur 19 it's open age.....

oh yeh... union is gay it's a 1 on 1 man sport... if ur playing centre fullback or wing.. and you can beat the guy whos on u..then u score..... it's not a game of strength it's a game of nob jockys just running the ball and getting steped on...it's got no skill at all any1 could play..... all they do is kick the ball all day coz there scared of getting tackled
Marriner
QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 9 2005, 07:45 AM)
oh yeh... union is gay
[right][snapback]737361[/snapback][/right]
Hell yeah
Bulkstack
I play football (soccer)

twice a week

smile.gif
Fergo
so whats it like playing gridiron in america???
kaftka
QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 9 2005, 07:45 PM)
oh yeh... union is gay it's a 1 on 1 man sport... if ur playing centre fullback or wing.. and you can beat the guy whos on u..then u score..... it's not a game of strength it's a game of nob jockys just running the ball and getting steped on...it's got no skill at all any1 could play..... all they do is kick the ball all day coz there scared of getting tackled
[right][snapback]737361[/snapback][/right]

dry.gif Have you even played/watched Union? Not a game of strength? Okay, you go and play prop for a couple of games then say that. No skill? Just watch the AB's demolition of the Lions and say that. One on One? League is far more one on one in defense. Besides, League is all about possession, Union is all about position, of course there's going to be a lot of tactical kicking involved, because it's not like league with a tackle count. Theres a higher chance of losing the ball when you're pinned down in your own 22. I've played both Union and League (not competitively) and I have to say that in the forwards, it doen't come much tougher in Union as you constantly have to make it to each ruck, and try and retain the ball. Union is actually quite a tactical game.... But I wouldn't expect you to appreciate that Mr. Closedmind. sleep.gif
Fergo
hmmm mr union, league is much a tougher sport... i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league. in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals... i can not stress this enough league has more skill....more speed.... what about 1 of those tries that goes threw the whole team then back threw the whole team and they score....u can kick 40/20's....as soon as sum1 is tackled they gotta get into dummy half and play the ball it's never stop...at least union when they get in the ruck they might have at least a 3 second brake...union...wats all this lifting with line outs...u pass the ball all the way to the wing and youve got an over lap for sure.... lol u love union and i love league we both think our sports are harder and they are both hard anyone who plays any profesional sport is good
CowPig
I used to play floor hockey. I don't watch any sports (on TV) but I like going to games.

I also like Soccer, but I haven't played in a while. And I like watching Beach Volleyball during the olympics XD
Redundant
QUOTE(CowPig @ Jul 11 2005, 12:14 AM)
I used to play floor hockey. I don't watch any sports (on TV) but I like going to games.

I also like Soccer, but I haven't played in a while. And I like watching Beach Volleyball during the olympics XD
[right][snapback]739228[/snapback][/right]

me too drool.gif
TheMafiaGodfather
i would never be able to watch a sport it just bores me i can only play
kaftka
QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 11 2005, 10:04 AM)
hmmm mr union, league is much a tougher sport... i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league.  in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals... i can not stress this enough league has more skill....more speed.... what about 1 of those tries that goes threw the whole team then back threw the whole team and they score....u can kick 40/20's....as soon as sum1 is tackled they gotta get into dummy half and play the ball it's never stop...at least union when they get in the ruck they might have at least a 3 second brake...union...wats all this lifting with line outs...u pass the ball all the way to the wing and youve got an over lap for sure.... lol u love union and i love league we both think our sports are harder and they are both hard anyone who plays any profesional sport is good
[right][snapback]739076[/snapback][/right]

Actually I like League as well.... But then, I'm a Warriors fan so what do I know?

What do you mean the tackled dude gets a break. Sure, if you call getting 6 or 7 guys over 100kg's toppling onto you a break.

You talk about League having skill, then bag lineouts. Lineouts are one of the most skillful plays in world sport.

You rate toughness on injuries? Okay then, League may have more injuries (although I'd like to see your source), but Union has more deaths rolleyes.gif Seriously, that's a pretty sad attitude.

Also, I don't know what sort of national Union competition there is in Australia, but in NZ first class rugby players play 11 rounds of Super 12 (soon to be 13 with the Super 14 coming), and then the play in the NPC, which has about 10 teams in it. Then theres the 10-14 International fixtures in a year. Pass to the wing for an instant overlap? You obviously don't watch much Union. You sound like one of those people who wonder why they don't pass it to the fast guy more often.
Do Not Trust this Man
i have not seen as many injuries in union than in league. in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals..

Well in England we have about 25 games perseason excluding the Heiniken Cup, The Challenge Cup, the Powergen Cup, The Wildcard Semi's and Finals and the Zurich (Guinness) Semi and Final, so that adds up to about 50 games per year for your club, then the Internationals. I Read an Article saying that the longest break from playing rugby that Josh Lewsey has had since the World Cup final was 3 weeks, and that was before this years Lions tour.

And Injuries? In the English Premiership, stats have shown that the least percentage of players injured during the season was 25%. Its far more dangerous, Look at Brian O'Driscoll getting Speared by Umaga and Mealamu, thats career threataning.
Marriner
QUOTE(Fergo @ Jul 10 2005, 10:04 PM)
in australia the union only goes for like 12 rounds... league goes for 28 plus finals...
[right][snapback]739076[/snapback][/right]
I don't like Leauge, but man is it better than that fucking crap union, who the fuck invented union anyway
Do Not Trust this Man
QUOTE(Los Santos @ Jul 11 2005, 10:06 AM)
I don't like Leauge, but man is it better than that fucking crap union, who the fuck invented union anyway
[right][snapback]739955[/snapback][/right]

Union was invented many many years before league.
kaftka
QUOTE(lb90210 @ Jul 12 2005, 04:38 AM)
QUOTE(Los Santos @ Jul 11 2005, 10:06 AM)
[right][snapback]739955[/snapback][/right]

Union was invented many many years before league.
[right][snapback]740384[/snapback][/right]

That is true. But you can't really say that. Union was a very different game back then, and the guys who invented league didn't like the direction Union was going in so they branched off and League was born. Both sports were evolved. So nobody really invented the Union we see today.
House
I play and wath Rugby League.
and I sometimes watch and play Union.
And I play American Football

But in my opinion League is a tougher sport players get injured more than Union or maybe its the players that are soft.

The Sofftest play in League:
Sonny Bill Williams
kaftka
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jul 12 2005, 03:01 PM)
The Sofftest play in League:
Sonny Bill Williams
[right][snapback]741684[/snapback][/right]

Pfft. Wouldn't say he's the softest. You are talking about his silly injury aren't you?

Hes a champion.
House
Yeah im talking about hios injury it was only 5 minutes it was pathetic
NTC187
QUOTE(kaftka @ Jul 11 2005, 05:22 AM)
Actually I like League as well.... But then, I'm a Warriors fan so what do I know?

Hey, me too! clap.gif

This is how I look at the League/Union debate.

League = Skill, speed, strength

Union = Strength, speed,

Union doesnt really have much skill involved, its push the ball up, or kick it up. League has set plays and shit like that, so its more skillful.
House
Union is mostly a muscle game aslong as you get strength you've got nothing to worry about.
Marriner
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jul 12 2005, 05:40 AM)
Union is mostly a muscle game aslong as you get strength you've got nothing to worry about.
[right][snapback]741924[/snapback][/right]

Haven't heard from you in weeks, where were you?
kaftka
QUOTE(DETROIT187 @ Jul 12 2005, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE(kaftka @ Jul 11 2005, 05:22 AM)

Hey, me too! clap.gif

This is how I look at the League/Union debate.

League = Skill, speed, strength

Union = Strength, speed,

Union doesnt really have much skill involved, its push the ball up, or kick it up. League has set plays and shit like that, so its more skillful.
[right][snapback]741908[/snapback][/right]

I disagree with you there. Union involves a lot of skill. There is a lot more tactical kicking involved. You have to have a cool head about you when you go into rucks because you only have a second to turn and release that ball in a position where your team can have a good chance of winning the ruck before the other teams come in and try and get that ball out.
Don't get me wrong, League is a great game, and a lot of skill is involved, but it's the same for Union. Just different skills required.
For example, scrums. They require a lot of strength, timing and skill. Scrums may seem to be just for huge guy, and that is a big part, but it all boils down to technique really.

And there are set plays in Union as well. Usually coming off Scrums and Lineouts.
Do Not Trust this Man
Rugby Union has a greater International profile than Rugby League. Thats why so many League players covert Codes.
House
^
True

But I ain't to sure about 'So Many'
Do Not Trust this Man
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jul 12 2005, 11:03 AM)
But I ain't to sure about 'So Many'
[right][snapback]742260[/snapback][/right]

By So many i meant the Higher Profile players. For Example Mat Rogers, Wendall Sailor, Jason Robinson and Andy Farrell etc..
SleepyMexican
I watch and play soccer.
bigtex
QUOTE(SleepyMexican @ Jul 13 2005, 12:03 AM)
I watch and play soccer.
[right][snapback]743642[/snapback][/right]

man were you not at the other sports post.
Once again I play and watch american football

you know I should start a new post called "the most overrated sports" begining with me talking about how bad soccer sucks.
kaftka
Good luck on trying to argue against the number one favourite sport world wide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.