Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digital Modification Tutorial
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion > Graphics Tutorials
Napolean
i posted this awhile ago, but i'll repost it now theres a graphic tutorial forum biggrin.gif

anyway, step 1: find a pic of a car

user posted image

step 2: create a new layer:

user posted image

step3: select a color that's easy to see, in this case it's bright pink.

user posted image

step 4: in your new layer, press alt + backspace and lower the opacity to about 50%.

user posted image

step 5: Use the polygonal lasso tool(or whichever lasso you find easiest to use) to clear out the areas you don't want to color(in this case, the white bg, the cars lights,wheels,license plate and interior).

user posted image

step 6: Hold down ctrl and click on the layer you just worked on.

user posted image

step 7: While selected, switch to the layer with the image of the car.

user posted image

step 8: Goto Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation and pick a dark red color.

user posted image

step 9: Now right click on the layer with the pink cuttings(in this case) and click on blending options. Tick the gradient overlay box and apply these settings:

user posted image

(You may modify the angle to get different results.)

step 10: Now change the opacity, anywhere between 30 and 40% would look ok.

user posted image

There you have it..
DuPz0r
heh cool, we need some new digimod comps...
I remember you posted this in gfx a while ago, and i posted this one i made:
user posted image
Zacko
Awesome tutorials I remember seeing how to do it on Digimods but I completely forgot, cheers biggrin.gif
Nanook
A nice tutorial, very clean looking. Well done *claps*

biggrin.gif
R3ACTION
kool
Mekstizzle
I cant see shit. After several refresh's they all still dont work and say 'user posted image'...im sure its a nice tutorial...but put the images in thumbnail tag thingy's or something....there less prone to breaking....
trep316
Nice tutorial, thanks. You can use the Filter>extract tool instead of the lasso tool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.