Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bust That Crazy Sh*t Contest
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
user posted image

Rockstar Games are holding a contest to see who can record the most insane, interesting, funny or weird replay in each of the three cities in San Andreas. There are three categories which can be entered, one from each city, and the winner from each category will win a powerful Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT video card, a bountiful prize pack of limited-edition San Andreas goods, and a custom-made, gold-dipped, West Coast style car-plate winners' trophy etched with your name - a true San Andreas collectors' item.

As usual, the competition is only available to residents of the USA, so the hundreds of thousands of players from anywhere else in the world need not apply, however this contest seems pretty interesting so I decided to post about it for once.

Click on the banner at the top of this post to visit the Rockstar Games PC Contest web page and read the rules before playing San Andreas trying to record the greatest replay ever. Good luck everyone.

Instructions
Begin playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. To view a replay of the last thirty seconds of gameplay, press the F1 key on your keyboard. To save your replay, press F2. Press F3 to view the replay you have just saved.

Replay files are saved in the folder "My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files" by default. Locate the file named "replay.rep". Keep in mind that you can only save one replay at a time in-game - to save multiple replays, manually rename the file so it is not overwritten by the game. If you do rename your replay files, remember to not change the file extension (.rep).
traxxaz
sad.gif Too bad that people from all over the world can't sign in for the contest, including me sad.gif
Ferrari X
And its only for PC:(. sad.gif Shame for other people in other countries
Fanatica Unleashed
It's sad how rockstar make it USA only, I wonder why they do it...

Surely they can afford shipping.
FX
Are you going to enter Psy? You'd pwn.
LuigiBrotha
Damnit I am from Holland and only got the PS 2 edition. I am still gonna get the PC version but it's to bad that I can't enter this contest. Would be awesome.
Psy
QUOTE(FX @ Jul 2 2005, 10:13 AM)
[right][snapback]720198[/snapback][/right]

Nah, can't. I'm from the UK, so I basically consider these emails from Rockstar to be spam >_<.
FX
QUOTE(Psy @ Jul 2 2005, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE(FX @ Jul 2 2005, 10:13 AM)
[right][snapback]720198[/snapback][/right]

Nah, can't. I'm from the UK, so I basically consider these emails from Rockstar to be spam >_<.
[right][snapback]720233[/snapback][/right]

Oh. Thats a bit gay. From downloading all your previous videos you were really good. Thats a bit of a dissapointment.
Raicon
They should do european contests aswell, its very disapointing that they dont.
MaxMark
Maybe Psy can hold a contest for everybody else smile.gif
Just for fun, no prizes.
Psy
QUOTE(MaxMark @ Jul 2 2005, 01:56 PM)
Just for fun, no prizes.
[right][snapback]720493[/snapback][/right]

I'm thinking of doing that, only there will be prizes. More details later though because it'll be a month at least before I do anything.
DuPz0r
buh, thats sucks, half the users on this website are from europe sad.gif
cuda is your boi
Sounds interesting... but I can't enter, Europe >__<.
MaxMark
QUOTE(Psy @ Jul 2 2005, 03:06 PM)
I'm thinking of doing that, only there will be prizes. More details later though because it'll be a month at least before I do anything.
[right][snapback]720508[/snapback][/right]

Well, that's what I was hoping... Just didn't want to put any pressure on you smile.gif
Neon™
I can't bust as insane crap on the PC as I can on the PS2, I'd win hands down on PS2 but the PC ... it's too awkward to make anything huge happen.
Smokey
Its actually shit that people in Europe cant enter even though the game it sais in the credits than San Andreas is a R*North game wich is based in Scotland. I think R8North should hold a competion like this for al of Europe.
Stoned
They should be concentrating on making a patch to fix the ridiculous amount of bugs in the game and not some pointless contest.
DeKo
rockstar north is basically half an hours drive away from me "in edinburgh" so it seams a bit shortisghted if u ask me..
1UP
meh i wont bother, cool and all but i rather just make a video for fun not for some contest.

Besides i dont know how long it would take me to make a vid, im always busy now.
Kamahl
i would do it but... its USA only... fuck that
Verruckt
I would enter but even though i'm in US i'm not gonna. I don't want to play for 30 secs for prizes. Maybe I would enter if it was a tourny instead of a contest, but even then i'd sell the prizes. Also, if it was xbox I could probly get in the top 10 but I don't have the pc version and i'm not gonna risk downloading it.
1UP
QUOTE(marinerteen51 @ Jul 2 2005, 02:17 PM)
I would enter but even though i'm in US i'm not gonna. I don't want to play for 30 secs for prizes. Maybe I would enter if it was a tourny instead of a contest, but even then i'd sell the prizes. Also, if it was xbox I could probly get in the top 10 but I don't have the pc version and i'm not gonna risk downloading it.
[right][snapback]721207[/snapback][/right]

Same here I see it being pretty much useless, i have PC version, but when it comes to doing stunts I play my PS2 version couse I hate using mouse and key board >< All my skill is as good as gone if its on the PC, but PS2 i would easly be one of the best.
Himsa
I was going to be the first american to laff in all your faces, but other people beat me here. mad.gif
Verruckt
Just had an idea! I know that with some games (if you have the right tools) you can convert pc to xbox and vice versa (don't know about ps2) but I don't know if you can do that with GTA. If you can then convert pc to xbox (or ps2 if possible). You should have the option to make vids. Make 1, then convert back to pc. If converting GTA is possible and you can make vids after conversion then you can pull off a killer stunt and still enter. But to convert you'll need alot of tools installed on your pc as well as an xbox with a mod chip and dvd2xbox and 1 or 2 other programs.
Fido 14
For those who are saying that you cant stunt on your pc. Well, all you gotta do is buy a usb adapter for your ps2 controller. Then you can play SA with your ps2 controller to do your stunts. I think you can buy them at radio shack or other stores like that.
Caliguy
QUOTE(Psy @ Jul 2 2005, 06:06 AM)
QUOTE(MaxMark @ Jul 2 2005, 01:56 PM)
Just for fun, no prizes.
[right][snapback]720493[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]720508[/snapback][/right]

A mod position prize smile.gif
ironwolf
damn rockstar games are a buch of assholes i practicaly thrive on doing that crazy shit.
Then again when you come from south africa people dont even notice you. I wonder if they even know that GTA SA sounds like South Africa. biggrin.gif
DiO
rockstar is to cheap to ship hte prizes elsewhere other than teh us, me here in canada near the border..i dont see why not i cant enter
Slamvan_Matt
i posted bout this

did you get an email from rockstar
1UP
QUOTE(Fido 14 @ Jul 3 2005, 02:56 AM)
For those who are saying that you cant stunt on your pc. Well, all you gotta do is buy a usb adapter for your ps2 controller. Then you can play SA with your ps2 controller to do your stunts. I think you can buy them at radio shack or other stores like that.
[right][snapback]722668[/snapback][/right]

yea i thought about that ( I forgot all about that, my bad ) and all, but i was wondering if the controls could be altered if there not the same as the PS2? Sorry i dont know computers much, im only good with music.
Viscera
Rockstar games set the contest up like that united states only cus of 2 reasons.
1. the taxes you have to pay on prizes u win in the u.s. and if u read the rules on the main gta site it stats that.
2. is if they made it world wide they would have so many entries it would take them for ever to judge them all.

1UP
QUOTE(Viscera @ Jul 3 2005, 05:48 PM)
Rockstar games set the contest up like that united states only cus of 2 reasons.
1. the taxes you have to pay on prizes u win in the u.s. and if u read the rules on the main gta site it stats that.
2. is if they made it world wide they would have so many entries it would take them for ever to judge them all.
[right][snapback]723899[/snapback][/right]

I think theres a third reson, im not sure if its the same with SA as GTA3 and VC, but they tend to have sold more here in the us. so if anyone where to be picked wed have top billing.
HEAT84
A few minutes ago, I saw a Fire Engine driving erraticaly and then the driver (a fire fighter) got out and pulled someone out of their car and started punching and chasing them. That might have been the winner huh? If only I'd read this before I saw that. DOH!! wallbash_red.gif
vito
is only for pc right or for ps2 and xbox
Mini-Me Gangsta
this is good that only US people can enter i get a greater chance at winning i allready have been practicing and found a really sweet move tongue.gif
carl johson
that sucks but hey what are gonna do i psy does make another contest then that would be cool
sept171970
did anyone else notice that Rockstar says that there are 5 gyms on the contest website. i have the ps2 version (got it the first day it came out) and i only have three.
FiRe_BaLL
Sounds good! lamo.gif
jbees9
lamo.gif
ph34r.gif laugh.gif Jumpy.gif biggrin.gif wallbash_red.gif
QUOTE(ironwolf @ Jul 3 2005, 04:58 PM)
damn rockstar games are a buch of assholes  i practicaly thrive on doing that crazy shit.
Then again when you come from south africa people dont even notice you. I wonder if they even know that GTA SA sounds like South Africa. biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]722723[/snapback][/right]

Tommy Vercetti
So, will the AO rating affect this contest now? mellow.gif
jbees9
I got some pictures if you want em' or i might not if bill gates fuck himself while studying
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.