Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RADEON 9200 SE laggy
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
evirob
I bought the game last week..Just got around the installing it tonight and it runs like shit. I made sure my computer had all the requirements before I went ahead and bought it.

I know my computer has the latest drives for my RADEON 92000 SE but the game is barely playable. It's worse than lag on online gaming.

Strangely enough..I installed it onto my other drive to see what would happen..But it made the game even WORSE..I couldn't believe it. This computer isn't slow. I use it for Multimedia work.

For all the peeps using RADEON 9200SE what did you do to make this game run smoothly?
Bill McCullough
It's your gfx card, the 9200 cards are quite slow but to make matters worse you have the 9200 SE which is actually slower than a regular 9200.
Watcher75
QUOTE(evirob @ Jun 30 2005, 02:47 AM)
I bought the game last week..Just got around the installing it tonight and it runs like shit. I made sure my computer had all the requirements before I went ahead and bought it.

I know my computer has the latest drives for my RADEON 92000 SE but the game is barely playable. It's worse than lag on online gaming.

Strangely enough..I installed it onto my other drive to see what would happen..But it made the game even WORSE..I couldn't believe it. This computer isn't slow. I use it for Multimedia work.

For all the peeps using RADEON 9200SE what did you do to make this game run smoothly?
[right][snapback]716404[/snapback][/right]

I've tried it on a radeon 9200se with a 2ghz p4. I had to set it up to 640x480x16 to get it to run smoothly. Anti-aliasing gets rid of all the dithering and will slow it down but its still smooth and playable. The only problem I noticed was with the club scene with all the lighting making the dance minigame unplayable.

Mess with the display settings and set them lower and see if that works.
Cracky
I have a 9200 SE ATI Card... 128 4x AGP right? I run it putting that extra features.. i forgot what it was but its above anti-alising on low, and I ran it 640 x 480 x 32 with no problems, and yes the club scene lights uses about 4 million mini textures... tongue.gif Hope that fix it... works great for me.. upset the club dance is about 1/2 slower than gameplay.
evirob
Thankya all smile.gif I had to change the setting to 16bit and the game now works perfectly cept for the mouse not working at the minute *grumbles*
m4sterx215
I have a radeon 9200 se too, but the game is working without problem, (I have never installed any driver) maybe you have to remove them!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.