Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simpsons Movie. Yes!!!!!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
CHIEFCHICKENSUIT
They (FOX) just announced that the Simpsons movie is in production. It'll be great to see the greatest tv show of all time on the big screen.

Woopetang.

Thoughts.
guess who# 2
I don't think it will be anygood.These things never are,but I'll probably watch it.
NTC187
juding on the recent episodes, this is going to be the shittest movie ever made. I cant even see what they're going to make the movie about. They just dug the Simpsons into a bigger hole if you ask me.
Lil-Ski
It is about time they did a movie....but if it wuz made any earlier (lets say...during the series in the 1990s!) it would been pretty good, seein that most of the most recent episodes have gone to shit....i sure hope they bring back the writters of the older seasons and think this one off good!
scarface1616
Well hopefully it will be a good movie but I've seen some of the recent episodes and they're not as good as the older ones but you never know it could still be a good movie.
NCP
I hope that it'll be as good/better than South Park the movie.
Kuwong
It should be good, but i havent seen any new episodes so i cant really judge, and do you have a link to any website proving it? im too lazy to open google.
GSF_Hustla
yea i'll watch it. but i agree with you guys they should've done it earlier when it was the funniest. Now its not so good.
Zacko
Hmm could either be a turkey or a classic, Judging on the newer episodes it's gonna be a turkey....
EMBO
A movie is usually the dying breath of a TV series, keep that in mind.
acemace
Possibly but look at south park.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Beat me to that acemace...

This is almost as bad (an idea) as a Friends movie...
Backpacker
Ohhh man. I hope it dosen't flop
Thunderstruck
i knew about this last year before fox it was in my tv times grapevine section of what was going on. i was very happy because hopefully a lot of thought and consideration will go into the storyline making it stay funny in a simpsons kind of way which is like totally opposite to family guy. the movie was delayed though because of the simpsons actors going on strike so they'll probably delay it till 2007 now.
IronRocker
wow!!! cool! im gunna see it! lol, does anyone know when it comes out?

& Someone said about these things not bein any good...why? South Park was a brill movie!
deejay
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Its like everytime Hollwood runs out of ideas they choose to mess up a good thing
DuPz0r
good or bad, either way i gotta see it.
Space_Ace
It will be ok i bet, i will go see it
Kuwong
Yeah it will be ok, it wont have the same effect as the good simpsons episodes, il laugh at a few bits, but it will flop slowly and embo i dont think a movie of a series is a sign its dying, as south park carried on afterwards.
FuddMan
After the 350 ordinary 20 minute episodes there can't be any good remaining ideas left :/
the great devil
I think it'll be crap but i'll still probaly go and see it.
DonLeone
Bloody Hollywood. They're taking a classic, 'War Of the Worlds', but of course its no longer gonna be set in Woking. As usual, LA is the only place that seems to matter! lol. (Yankanised, if you will). I just mentioned this cos it relates to classics being turned into new films.
Intake
It'll be shit, the Simpsons are going from bad to worse and this is just one more cheap way of making money.
conFUSED
Simpsons isn't as funny as it used to be so the movie probably wont be that good.
Dr_Dre
QUOTE(DuffMan @ Jun 22 2005, 11:37 AM)
After the 350 ordinary 20 minute episodes there can't be any good remaining ideas left :/
[right][snapback]696818[/snapback][/right]

I don't know about that. I mean look at South Park. Sure it's not even at 200 episodes yet (is it?) but the episodes are fresh and funny.

As for the movie, I think there are a lot of factors to consider.

How long will it be?
Will the old writers contribute?
Will the series be canceled when it comes out? (highly doubt it)

There is lot of pressure on the Simpsons to constantly deliver quality comedy. I think what they should do is take a couple of months off. I mean, could you come up with 20 minutes worth of comedy in a week?
mr.easy
I hope it will funny.
NTC187
^^
well you will be dissapointed.

Simpsons went from great, witty, more mature comedy which was funny as all fuck, to stupid "jackass" style kiddish comedy, where the characters just do stupid stuff to get laughs.

example: in the 'newish' episode where Homer tries to get into the "Duff World Record Books", he goes to the place, and he says "whats the record for doing this? *acts like a complete fuckin retard*"

Its gotten beyond stupid now, they'll never top the old days, ever.
Marriner
Hope this movie is good and not have so shit like the new episodes
House
South park is sometimes better than Simpsons they seem to stay fresh

EG.
If anyone can remember that new episode of Simpsons where Dr Frink shows bart and Lisa their future where homer and marge are separated.
That sucked Hard.

Newish Ep of South Park. That You Got Served ep of south park how stans dad got served....that 2 minute part made me laugh for ages

Here are the lines from that bit that i can remember.
Stan: Dad! No what happened?
Dr: Stan..im sorry to tell you this but.....Your dad has been served
Stan: What?
Stans Dad: Stan *argh* *cough* avenge me *falls asleep*
Cant remember Much but heres the thing that made me laugh

Dr holding up xrays
Dr: Well as you can see Mr Marsh has been served in several areas...Here...and Here and Here....that man has served him so serverly that we had to attach some limbs back

I think that how it goes Im pretty sure you all saw it!
Marriner
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jun 23 2005, 07:31 AM)
South park is sometimes better than Simpsons they seem to stay fresh

EG.
If anyone can remember that new episode of Simpsons where Dr Frink shows bart and Lisa their future where homer and marge are separated.
That sucked Hard.

Newish Ep of South Park. That You Got Served ep of south park how stans dad got served....that 2 minute part made me laugh for ages

Here are the lines from that bit that i can remember.
Stan: Dad! No what happened?
Dr: Stan..im sorry to tell you this but.....Your dad has been served
Stan: What?
Stans Dad: Stan *argh* *cough* avenge me *falls asleep*
Cant remember Much but heres the thing that made me laugh

Dr holding up xrays
Dr: Well as you can see Mr Marsh has been served in several areas...Here...and Here and Here....that man has served him so serverly that we had to attach some limbs back

I think that how it goes Im pretty sure you all saw it!
[right][snapback]698179[/snapback][/right]
That was a good episode that. Especialy when butters lost his shoe, hits a coupe of lights and then come doen killing people, i pissed myself when that happened
House
Simpsons just can't keep the laughs anymore
Marriner
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jun 23 2005, 11:17 AM)
Simpsons just can't keep the laughs anymore
[right][snapback]698424[/snapback][/right]
True, new episodes are just shit now, not even funny
House
It's not worth laughing at just to be polite....
acemace
I think america gets a lot of shit simpsons eps cos the ones ive seen are still pretty funny.
Thunderstruck
you've also got too look at the fact that south park are allowed to have a lot more ideas because they can do storylines which wouldn't be acceptable for the time that simpsons is on. for the guy who said ealier that they make one episode in a week. it actually takes six months to create an episode. they will have a few going on at once but they are done way in advance
the great devil
QUOTE(acemace @ Jun 23 2005, 03:26 PM)
I think america gets a lot of shit simpsons eps cos the ones ive seen are still pretty funny.
[right][snapback]698744[/snapback][/right]

we'll probaly get the crap episodes soon.
DonLeone
QUOTE(DETROIT187 @ Jun 23 2005, 04:26 AM)
^^
well you will be dissapointed.

Simpsons went from great, witty, more mature comedy which was funny as all fuck, to stupid "jackass" style kiddish comedy, where the characters just do stupid stuff to get laughs.

example: in the 'newish' episode where Homer tries to get into the "Duff World Record Books", he goes to the place, and he says "whats the record for doing this? *acts like a complete fuckin retard*"

Its gotten beyond stupid now, they'll never top the old days, ever.
[right][snapback]697824[/snapback][/right]

Yeh, desperate randomness does seem to be the new formula. But to be fair, Homer's allways been retarded! lol, (except for that crayon lodged in brain episode).
House
But I don't expect them to write a good episode anymore after so many episodes they probably ran outta ideas.

Does anybody think they are gonna completely stop after they make the movie?

To acemace: Are they really playing funny episodes or Re-runs?
Marriner
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jun 24 2005, 05:27 AM)
[right][snapback]699626[/snapback][/right]
They said they will finish after the movie
Dr_Dre
QUOTE(Xcel @ Jun 23 2005, 08:36 AM)
you've also got too look at the fact that south park are allowed to have a lot more ideas because they can do storylines which wouldn't be acceptable for the time that simpsons is on. for the guy who said ealier that they make one episode in a week. it actually takes six months to create an episode. they will have a few going on at once but they are done way in advance
[right][snapback]698768[/snapback][/right]

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

I, also, agree with you about the timeslots that these shows are on. Related to that fact, Southpark is on Comedy Central. FOX is very cautious at what it puts out there (although they obviously don't care much about the quality of the shows). Comedy Central allows completely uncensored movies/specials after 1 A.M. on Saturdays. CC is definately more open-minded about their shows (although they seem to be going down the same road as FOX, IMO).
acemace
QUOTE(Rydєя @ Jun 24 2005, 05:27 AM)
But I don't expect them to write a good episode anymore after so many episodes they probably ran outta ideas.

To acemace: Are they really playing funny episodes or Re-runs?
[right][snapback]699626[/snapback][/right]

Both.

I dunno, I still find it funny and I reckon the film will be pretty good too. I like the randomness.
DJ-Invert
a simpsons movie might be cool. not as good as the family guy movie tho biggrin.gif
Overdose
I heard that they were goin to take a few ideas from old episodes.

They'll put a lot a more effort into making the movie than an episode.
Mega_Jaz
i love the simpsons
Napolean
they've been working on it for quite awhile, i heard about it like 2-3 years ago so it must be good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.