Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: full sig tutorial
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion > Graphics Tutorials
Washunka
this is the effect we will be going for
user posted image
using photoshop 8/cs

1)file>new use these these settings
user posted image

2)go to google and type in the image you want for this tut i looked up star wars. once you find the image(make sure it is bigger than 430x130) you want click it so it will be a full image instead of a thumbnail then right click and select copy image from the drop down box heres the image i used
http://3rdrealm.odyssey.com.au/Star%20Wars...0hope%20art.jpg

3)go back to photoshop and press ctrl+v(paste) your image will be in there but not where you want it to be. next press ctrl+t(transform and drag the image where you want it. heres mine
user posted image

4)Press ctrl+e to merge the layers then go to image> adjustments> brightness/contrast mess with your settings till you get something you like. heres mine
user posted image

5)now press ctrl+b or go to image>adjustments>color balance again mess with the settings till you get something that you like. tip do not move more than 2 of the sliders throughout the whole thing. heres mine
user posted image

6)press ctrl+j(duplicate the layer) no go to filter>blur>motion blur and use these settings
angle=0
distance=35
heres what mine looks like
user posted image

now set the opacity like this
user posted image

and heres what you will get
user posted image

7)now select the text tool
user posted image

and just click on the image where you want the text to start and type in the text you want this is what you will end up with
user posted image

now if you don't like the font or the size go to the bar like this near the top of your screen
user posted image

and now lets go back to that opacity tool and change it till it looks good now press ctrl+t and move the text wherever you want it on the image
user posted image

8)press ctrl+shift+n(new layer) now press ctrl+a then edit>stroke and have you settings like this
user posted image

cool.gif your done
Coreyko
I still don't get it even after reading it and I dont' think I have all the stuff needed on my comp.

BTW: can you use Microsoft Paint to make a sig? (though i know it won't be high quality)
mat5
i cant get to the first thing
Washunka
yes you can use paint to make a sig but it will be very low quality like you said. and mat5 are you using photoshop
mat5
oh no that cost to much

or is there a free version

do u hav to hav photoshop to make anything
Washunka
QUOTE(mat5 @ Jun 15 2005, 06:02 AM)
oh no that cost to much

or is there a free version

do u hav to hav photoshop to make anything
[right][snapback]682942[/snapback][/right]

you can download a 30 day trial from the adobe website or you could get it the other way . and no you can use a number of programs to make sigs follow nanooks guide here it tells you everything you need to know. http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/forums/index...showtopic=34186
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.