1. Start by making a new file any size. Make sure it's transparent.
2. Now write some stuff on it. I wrote my name:
3. Right click on the layer in the layer palette. Choose raterize layer
4. Ctrl + click on the layer thumbnail to load the selection
5. Choose Filter>Render Clouds:
6. Now go to FIlter>Distort>Glass and use theese settings:
Texture: Tiny lens
7. Create a new Gradient tool. Choose gradient and clic on the black and white bar.
The colors form left to right: #B2860B #F3B70F #C5940B #FFC31D
Then press "NEW"
8. Right click on the layer and choose blending option:
9. Grab the brush tool and choose "Assorted Brushes". Use small starbust
10. Create a new layer and click arround to ad a shine
And you are done! Save it as a .png to keep the tranparensy
Creds to http://www.good-tutorials.com/track/170 for the original tutorial