Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some answered questions
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
carslayer14
Okay in this topic i will tell some new facts as well as ask some questions:

- Fido's name is Claude Speed, Maria's nickname for him is fido.

- Catalina's last name is Vialpando. Catalina Vialpando.

- Marty chonks is a boss and you can do secret missions for him. In fact all his missions (the Crook, the wife, the theif, her lover) is the title for an old foreign film.

- Carcer City is from manhunt, but is mentined in both GTA 3 and Sanandreas. It is not unlocked after 100% in any GTA game.

- And finally, here's the kicker:
Remember all those missions for donald love? In the mission "Liberator" you must save an "old oriental gentelmen" from the cartel.
user posted image
If you take a good look at him, then watch tho opening video again, you will see that when the attack is made on the prison convor, the cartel are there to free the old gentelman. and, look here:
Liberty Tree
So, we now come to this conclusion: The cartel robbed a bank with Claude Speed, but then betrayed him and sent him to jail. Then the mysterious oriental man was sent to jail by the INS, and Donald hired the cartel to free him. But, the cartel also inadvertently freed you and 8-ball, and then the cartel decided the renegotiate their deal with donald. So then he hired claude to kill the cartel and free the gentelmen. Donald needed the gentelmen to authenticate his "package" (which he also hired Claude to retreive), which later led to his dissapearence.

Whew thumbup.gif

(also, there is lots of information if you look on the past articles section of that liberty tree page. its also pretty damn funny, too. Just scroll up to the top and click on archives and select a date.)

Now its time for my question.

- I know darkel is not in the game, and he is not in to dodos or in the portland abandoned tunnel and you cant find him. But why did rockstar take him out? and i heard someone say that R* left his cartoon face on the map, and his face can also be found on the card decks in san andreas. What were his missions?

I hope you find this topic informative and helpfull to me. please answer my question.
Pecnut
Nice information - you're right about the Liberty Tree. Of all 3 GTAs, GTA3 had the best tie-in with storyline because you had to make some connections yourself. Stuff like that Oriental Gentleman. Something for the hardcore GTA gamer to realise.

The accepted theory: Darkel was supposedly an employer to make you do rampages over the island, replacing the "kill frenzies" in GTAs 1, London and 2. However, Rockstar took him out because it was deemed too terroristy just after 9/11 (remember GTA3 was released in October 2001). He was in the game when IGN previewed it prior to September, but when it was released he was gone and Rampages were there.
FICTION: Another theory with this is that you were supposed to fly the Dodo into a building, but because this was also deemed too 9/11-ish, they clipped the wings of the Dodo so you couldn't fly it as easily.
FICTION: Darkel was also supposed to make you kill Kenji, although to be honest the Donald Love storyline is way better.
FICTION: Donald Love was supposed to be killed in an aeroplane.
FACT: El Burro’s ‘I Scream You Scream’ and Also El Burro’s ‘Trial By Fire’ were supposed to be Darkel missions. IGN previewed these missions before he was taken out.
He was supposed to look like this:
user posted image
Some Facts there you might like to look at. Rockstar keep button-lipped. But there's some stuff to chew on.

In case you hadn't realised, I like posts about GTA3 and Darkel - rumours are cool.
Kid_Notorious
a little info i didnt know thanks
Young Escobar
I knew about the asian gentleman being the guy from the prision attack lol.
FX
nice information
Tootsie_Roll
That is great sources of information.

I new about 1, 2, and 4.

QUOTE(AKT)
GTA3 had the best tie-in with storyline because you had to make some connections yourself. Stuff like that Oriental Gentleman. Something for the hardcore GTA gamer to realise.

Actually I disagree. It did have the best story line. But....well ok. This isn't really a disagreement.

But I think that Rockstar just made so many mistakes in the story line that just made you guess throughout the series.

That's why GTA is so good. Not just that the storyline is good.

But all the twists and turns it takes.
carslayer14
Wow. Cool. Where did you learn this? And i also heard someone say in one of the secrets guides for san andreas that the cards in the poker games feature the cartoon faces like misty's, lance vance's, and darkels. also in one of the forums i heard darkel's face is on the map. Now i know the cartoon versions of characters dont usually look like they are supposed to in the game, but still, which one is darkel.

And also, the roofs and higher sides and walls of buildings are not solid. If rockstar clipped tho dodo's wings at the last moment, why wouldn't the building roofs be solid?

Oh, and thanks for all that other information. This romour stuff is cool. cool.gif
The Hydra Sucks
QUOTE(AKT @ Jun 1 2005, 10:20 AM)
Nice information - you're right about the Liberty Tree. Of all 3 GTAs, GTA3 had the best tie-in with storyline because you had to make some connections yourself. Stuff like that Oriental Gentleman. Something for the hardcore GTA gamer to realise.

The accepted theory: Darkel was supposedly an employer to make you do rampages over the island, replacing the "kill frenzies" in GTAs 1, London and 2. However, Rockstar took him out because it was deemed too terroristy just after 9/11 (remember GTA3 was released in October 2001). [right][snapback]654555[/snapback][/right]

Do you actually think that they went back and changed the game entirely just a few weeks before its release? Wouldn't they have lost a ton of money? It's not like they make the copies of the game just a day or two before its release...

Darkel was taken out in the early stages of the game for unspecified reasons, but most people speculate it was because his missions were basically the same as the rampages and weren't worth putting in.
carslayer14
Yeah GTA3 had the best storyline, thats why i bought GTA Advance and played it on my brothers gameboy, not because its a good game but because i herd asuka was in it. It was great! Liberty city, 1 year prior to claude's failed bank job. Misty was in there too, and we also find out how 8-Ball wreked his hands and ended up in jail. It almost completed the storyline for me, like know how Catalina and Miguel got to be Cartel leaders? Cisco died! who is Cisco? Play GTA A and find out!

I'm off to borrow my little brothers gameboy and beat it again.

See Ya scooter.gif
Kid_Notorious
the liberty tree tells you how 8-ball's hands got messed up he was in a tussle with the police and they accidently poured hot grease on his hands
NotSoSane
QUOTE(iceman335 @ Jun 3 2005, 06:28 PM)
the liberty tree tells you how 8-ball's hands got messed up he was in a tussle with the police and they accidently poured hot grease on his hands
[right][snapback]659495[/snapback][/right]

thats gotta burn
Young Escobar

I read about that too.
Lil-Ski

Damn...and i always thought he got burned by making one of his bombs
KiNgOfSeAs911
QUOTE(carslayer14 @ Jun 1 2005, 01:55 PM)
Okay in this topic i will tell some new facts as well as ask some questions:

- Fido's name is Claude Speed, Maria's nickname for him is fido.

- Catalina's last name is Vialpando.  Catalina Vialpando.

- Marty chonks is a boss and you can do secret missions for him.  In fact all his missions (the Crook, the wife, the theif, her lover) is the title for an old foreign film.

- Carcer City is from manhunt, but is mentined in both GTA 3 and Sanandreas.  It is not  unlocked after 100% in any GTA game.

- And finally, here's the kicker:
Remember all those missions for donald love?  In the mission "Liberator" you must save an "old oriental gentelmen" from the cartel. 
user posted image
If you take a good look at him, then watch tho opening video again, you will see that when the attack is made on the prison convor, the cartel are there to free the old gentelman. and, look here: 
Liberty Tree
So, we now come to this conclusion:  The cartel robbed a bank with Claude Speed, but then betrayed him and sent him to jail.  Then the mysterious oriental man was sent to jail by the INS, and Donald hired the cartel to free him.  But, the cartel also inadvertently freed you and 8-ball, and then the cartel decided the renegotiate their deal with donald.  So then he hired claude to kill the cartel and free the gentelmen.  Donald needed the gentelmen to authenticate his "package" (which he also hired Claude to retreive), which later led to his dissapearence.

Whew thumbup.gif

(also, there is lots of information if you look on the past articles section of that liberty tree page.  its also pretty damn funny, too.  Just scroll up to the top and click on archives and select a date.)

Now its time for my question.

- I know darkel is not in the game, and he is not in to dodos or in the portland abandoned tunnel and you cant find him.  But why did rockstar take him out?  and i heard someone say that R* left his cartoon face on the map, and his face can also be found on the card decks in san andreas.  What were his missions?

I hope you find this topic informative and helpfull to me.  please answer my question.
[right][snapback]654306[/snapback][/right]

holy crap i think youre right. i never really thought about that, i saw the old asain guy in the intro, holy crap i cant believe you figured that out.
Don
Nice information - I knew all/most of it...but the whole Cartel thing inadvertanely turning their backs on Donald...that really surprised me. Never thought of it like that.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.