1. Firstly create a new image with the following settings:
2. Zoom in to the maximum so that your image looks like this:
3. now select the default paint brush and set the size to 1. when you move the brush over the image it will highlight half of the image. colour the top black, like so:
4.Now to use your scan lines! open the image you want to apply scanlines to (leaving the first b&w image open) and select a brush.
5. now click on the colour palette and apply these settings:
6. set your opacity to about 18 for best results and get brushing!