Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to make an orb
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion > Graphics Tutorials
Washunka
this is what we will be making
user posted image

step 1) file>new use any dimensions you want i suggest using a square though

step 2) ctrl+shift+n then select the elliptical marquee tool user posted image and use these settings user posted image and now make your circle when you get around the size you want hold down shift to even it out now let go of the mouse button then the shift button.

step 3)fill the selection with black by presing 'd' and then press alt+backspace

step 4) ctrl+shift+n now fill the layer with the color you want the orb to be i used blue
user posted image

step 5)filter>blur>gaussian blur use the setting you want to make it look realistic the bigger the circle the more blur smaller circle less blur
user posted image

step 6)now press ctrl+shift+n

step 7) select>modify>contract adjust the settings to where you want the edge of the gloss to be i usually use like 7-10

step 8)now make a circle from the bottom right going to the top left but not going over the top left selection like so
user posted image

step 9) press "d" and then "x" and select the gradient tool user posted image and make sure you use these settings
user posted image

step 10) drag the gradient tool from the top left to the bottom right now presss ctrl+d and your done

DAMIAN91
All your tuts are basically from good-tutorials.com o_O
Washunka
lets see you try and make a tutorial that has never been made before it is hard. And no they are not from good tutorial (i rarely ever go there nowadays) everybody has a different way of doing something for example i don't like using layer styles i want to teach people other methods for doing things so they will have a variety. and i never saw any tut that was like this and if you have then is it such a coincidince that 2 people have the same tutorial out of the millions of photoshop users. no it isn't.

edit: i just went onto good tutorials to look up orbs they have 123 of them so of course min is going to be like one of theirs.
DAMIAN91
Your method on how to make orbs have been done and used that way since...forever. All your tuts have basically been found already....
Washunka
i just looked up metal on good tutorials and it didn't come up with a single result that looked anything like my tutorial i also looked at all the effect tuts and i couldn't find anything that looked like my desktop one. why don't you make a tutorial that has never been done before it is almost impossible. but yet i still made two that haven't been done before.
FX
good tut, dont listen to damian
The_Owlcat
nice tut
psychÝ
QUOTE(DAMIAN91 @ May 29 2005, 07:44 AM)
All your tuts are basically from good-tutorials.com o_O
[right][snapback]647265[/snapback][/right]

ye thats what i was thinking theres about 10 of the same tutorial there anyway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.