Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to make Metallic Flames
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Media Discussion > Graphics Tutorials
Washunka
step 1. File>new
user posted image
these are the settings i used but you can use any sizes you want just try and keep it square.

step 2. press "D" let go and then press "X" let go and then press "CTRL+Backspace" now you should have this.

step 3. Select the gradient tool http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/washunka/step3.jpg from the toolbar on the left. Once selected go to the top toolbar and have your settings like this. user posted image

step 4. o.k. now we are set to start the real thing. With your gradient tool selected start making random lines all throughout the image go crazy.

Now your image should look like this
user posted image step 5. Filter>Artistic>Plastic Wrap and make all the settings as high as they can go

should now look like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/washunka/step6.jpg
step 6. With your gradient tool selected start making random lines all throughout the image go crazy. again. Once satisfied press "CTRL+I"

your image should look like this
user posted image

step7. press "ctrl J" and set the blending to linear burn
user posted image

it should look like this.
user posted image

step 8. This is the color part, select your background layer user posted image

next press "ctrl+b" and mess around with the settings until you get something you like.

step 9. press "CTRL+Shift+E" And your done.

Here is my final result good luck.
user posted image
FX
thats flames? nice tut
psychÝ
nice tut other than the fact there is 300 of the same tut already
Kuwong
Nice tutorial, even if there are many like it already, this one can be more helpful as members can ask the creator about it. but its good 8/10.
Domino
They look more like flowers to me...
Mr. Thunderfield
Your bandwidth is exceeded at Imagebucket...
x_Eyesonly_x
QUOTE(Mr. Thunderfield @ Jun 3 2005, 11:54 AM)
Your bandwidth is exceeded at Imagebucket...
[right][snapback]658614[/snapback][/right]

Photobucket you mean...lol

Use Imageshack.... tongue.gif
Washunka
you guys don't need images anyway. Time for me to do some summer cleaning at photobucket.
DJ-Invert
because i dont have psp. could u make what u just did there but bigger please
DiO
nice tut, congrats to me.. this was the first tut i have ever looked up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.