Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gta 3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
Paintballkiller15
clap.gif i like tarter tots
The_End90
Don't be a chode, its unhealthy.

Jumpy.gif
Corkyboy
NOTHING is wrong with this game!!!!
IMO
Toge
The only bad thing is that there isn't any properties to buy, like in Vice and SanAndreas.
Pecnut
It's not a very versatile game - since you can't really move around in it other than by car (yes, I know, Dodo too). It actually seems bigger than it is because you can't get around at speeds. Although personally the cars in GTA3 have been my favourite (Yakuza Stinger is t3h 1337).
Bitch Heartless
Theres nothing wrong with this game its cool as hell
Kid_Notorious
this games still kicks ass *runs off to gta 3 shrine* notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
Toge
The "Purple nines glitch" was creepy too, I still hate that glitch dry.gif
R3D_WUD
You spelled Graphics wrong. dry.gif

Not much wrong, just some minor things I didn't like.
The_End90
I know this guy, lives down the street from me. (He's not a good speller!).
Tootsie_Roll
QUOTE(Toge @ May 24 2005, 05:38 PM)
The only bad thing is that there isn't any properties to buy, like in Vice and SanAndreas.
[right][snapback]637217[/snapback][/right]

I strongly disagree with that.

Before than, did you think anyone had thought of that? No.

So you can't really say it was bad unless there was something wrong with the game. Not 'that they didn't think to put in buyable properties earlier'.

But that's just my two cents...
Toge
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ May 25 2005, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE(Toge @ May 24 2005, 05:38 PM)
[right][snapback]637217[/snapback][/right]

I strongly disagree with that.

Before than, did you think anyone had thought of that? No.

So you can't really say it was bad unless there was something wrong with the game. Not 'that they didn't think to put in buyable properties earlier'.

But that's just my two cents...
[right][snapback]639318[/snapback][/right]

Well, you are kinda right, yes. My bad wink.gif
Young Escobar
That welcome shit. I hate that. If that wasnt in there that would be great. Everytime I cross somewhere I get..."welcome to staunton island for example". You get my point?
The Hydra Sucks
As far as it taking too slow to load....well, that's dumb, seeing as that on PS2, it takes longer to start a game of VC than GTA III. GTA III's missions are eons harder and way more fun ("Triads and Tribulations" is the greatest thing since sliced bread). The only thing that I don't really like is that you can't bail from cars like in VC...but then again, I never even thought about that till I got Vice City.
Nubski
I found GTA 3 Better than Vice City for some reason. San Andreas just takes over its spot though. I dont know why, i just have a soft spot for GTA 3. It was what MADE the GTA Series into as popular as it is.

I find nothing wrong with it, except the obvious (bailing from cars)
DoW
Yep, first one is always the best in any series of game or movie.
cobra_428
the only things i didnt like were the mafia poping out of nowhere and blowing up your car with a shotgun and no map in the pause menu
mad.gif

other than that it was great
thumbup.gif
Marriner
This game was not as good as I thought, not as good as Vice City or San Andreas
The Hydra Sucks
QUOTE(Los Santos @ May 30 2005, 12:46 AM)
This game was not as good as I thought, not as good as Vice City or San Andreas
[right][snapback]649184[/snapback][/right]

You probably think that because you played it after you played Vice City and San Andreas.
switchfoot321
dude i totally agree.....about the tater tot thing not about the stupid gta: 3 haters club... tater tots rule.

oh yeah...and don't be hatin on the gta:3, if we
didn't have that, then we wouldn't have a storyline for
gta:sanandreas and we wouldn't be talking to each other right now. think about it... i don't like thinking. it sucks...
Coreyko
QUOTE(Toge @ May 24 2005, 08:36 PM)
[right][snapback]637767[/snapback][/right]

What was the Purple Nines glitch?
Edgecrusher
You can't fault the graphics or the load times at all; those graphics were revolutionary when it was released, and besides they're practically the same as VC and SA (it's the same engine). As for the load times, look at the scale of the game compared to others. That goes for the graphics as well; there are games with better graphics yes, but how many other games give you as many hours of gameplay and that much freedom to do what you want? Graphics don't mean shit.
Corkyboy
QUOTE(Coreyko @ May 31 2005, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE(Toge @ May 24 2005, 08:36 PM)
[right][snapback]637767[/snapback][/right]

What was the Purple Nines glitch?
[right][snapback]652880[/snapback][/right]

The purple nines glitch stops you from 100%ing the game!
When you start the mission "Uzi Rider",the head of the Jacks tells you to do a drive-by on 20 purple nines.The problem though is sometimes this glitch kicks in and there is no Nines to shoot at because for some unknown reason,they have been wiped from the game!!!
This makes the mission impossible to complete as they never return!
You have to start the game from the beginning if you want to 100% the game and if you do start again the glitch could happen again because no-one knows what causes it!!!
Pecnut
Also Lazlow on Chatterbox was gold and made the game twice as fun.
carslayer14
Yeah, Damn that game is awesome. GTA3 is my favorite of all.
The Demon
I love GTA3 and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
mat5
nothing is wrong its just totally awsome
KiNgOfSeAs911
i have it on xbox, so it takes 5 seconds to load, and the graphics are good. so none of the above. hey akt, why does everyone love lazlow?
Lab Rat
GTA3 is my favorite game in the series. I don't know why I hear a lot of people say that San Andreas has the best graphics. GTA3 graphics look so much more detailed and lucid. In San Andreas the game loads objects in strangely. As you move about everything shifts and lots of sharp edges appear. In GTA3 I never had this problem. I also really enjoyed Vice City, but for some reason I can't stand San Andreas.
R3D_WUD
Saying GTA3 has better Graphics then San Andreas. lmao.

Anyways, its the first that lead to VC, and SA. IT was good when It first came out, its still one of my favorites.
Stead
i loved gta 3, but i prefer san andreas, but if gta 3 had everything san andreas had i'd prefer it easily

never thought vice city was that great...

the story line in san andreas and gta 3 are far better to me, although i love how san andreas has all 3 tied in, and u see the guy from gta 3 and the intro seems to make more sence have u seen what an annoying **** she is in san andreas tongue.gif

although i will admit, what i hated about gta 3, it seemed to be a bit of a lie on the box, onthe box art it had you flying a jet if i remmeber right, and it annoyed me that you couldn't do that, also i hated how you couldn't go in helicopters, and you couldn't swim, apart from that it was by far the best i feel.

but the gta 3 enviroment seemed more real in a sence to me, and i remember how amazing it was the first time i saw it, btw, are there kill frenzies in san andreas?
sm33th
Ya, I found nothing wrong with the game. Great gameplay and good graphivs for the time, but Claude didn't talk so that kind of sucked...
VladC
SA was the best action of all time for me, but I`ve played a little of GTA 3, half of VC, all SA missions and all of VC, in that order. GTA 3 meant a revolution for me. Nothing wrong!
cool_world
theres only two things that work in GTA III and that is the junkyard and the 8 ball.
Sinister
I'll be damned, I was wondering what was going on the last time I played GTAIII and couldn't find the purple nines during that mission.

GTAIII was awesome for what it was when it was, like was said it started everything and shouldn't be compared to the newer ones. I hated every minute of vice city and still do.
Coreyko
For the time the graphics were great but even though all 3 GTAs were on the same engine there ARE still noticable differences. I personally think VC and SA had better graphics. Then again if it wasn't for 3 we wouldn't be here as others have stated.
deadmanjeff
the only thing bad about gta 3 is there's no in-game map like vc or sa so it's kind of hard to find a paynspray
Repoman
The worst thing about GTA III is how overboard the gangs go with shooting at your car when you drive through their territory.

HOW THE F*CK DO THEY KNOW IT IS YOU IN THE AMBULANCE????

It is totally BS.

Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Yeah, chatterbox is the best thing to happen to games evar.

What was that gang base miles into the water off shoreside vale? It's on the map that comes with the game.
Games-master
GTA3 my favorite but it was a wind up that there was an helicopter and you couldn't use it and that tunnel in shoreside blocked off
Nanook
What really pissed me off about it was the load times

Thank you SA smile.gif
Corkyboy
GTA3 was huge when it came out in 2001!!!
the people who are moaning about it now should remember that a lot of things can change in three years!!!
The people who played it origionally are obviously going to have a soft spot about the game!
It was revonlusionary in gaming!
It can now be bettered in load times,size and graphics.
OBVIOUSLY!!!!!
ctm
the thing that sucked the most about vice city was the map. so flat and so boring.
The_End90
*Sigh*
lambda
The game is sound. Of course VC and SA are better but thats just how it goes.
Backpacker
Man, in my eye this game is a classic. Nothings wrong with it.
Toge
QUOTE(ctm @ Jul 21 2005, 05:36 AM)
the thing that sucked the most about vice city was the map. so flat and so boring.
[right][snapback]762339[/snapback][/right]

This is the Gta 3 section, and a topic about things that are bad in Vice city Gta 3.

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.