Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fido
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
Zan
I'm knew to the forums and a verteran at the GTA series since the ps2 releases, but ive been hearing that you guys have figured out the name for the guy in gta3, does anyone actually know that his name is given in gta3? Ive used the search function but about 100 topics came up with his name biggrin.gif roll2.gif
Bitch Heartless
its either claude or fido thats what I heard
Young Escobar
Its claude. Pretty damn obvious if you play sanandreas.
INzANE
Yes, isn't he the guy yu play as in GTA2 also?
Zan
QUOTE(The R.E.D @ May 17 2005, 05:04 AM)
Its claude. Pretty damn obvious if you play sanandreas.
[right][snapback]620355[/snapback][/right]

Not so obvious if u play GTA3, salavatories first mission involves taking maria to the docks in wich she learns about a party, she then says something like cmon fido lets check out this party.
Tootsie_Roll
QUOTE(DualMP5 @ May 17 2005, 12:45 PM)
[right][snapback]620567[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. His full name is Claude Speed.

@ Zan. Fido, I think, means lapdog. Kinda of like someone's 'bitch' in gta terms.
Zan
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ May 18 2005, 01:01 AM)

@ Zan. Fido, I think, means lapdog. Kinda of like someone's 'bitch' in gta terms.
[right][snapback]621804[/snapback][/right]

u might be right but u'd have to be able to prove that laugh.gif
Pecnut
QUOTE(Zan @ May 18 2005, 03:48 AM)

[right][snapback]622089[/snapback][/right]

Well "Claude" is proven in San Andreas when you see him and Catalina gives him a name.
His surname, I don't know.
And Fido is a name for a dog, i.e. a lapdog, or as said above, someone's 'bitch', which incidentally also has dog connotations...
Corkyboy
He is called Fido by Salvatore Leone's girlfriend,Maria in GTA3 in the cutscene at the beginning of the mission where you drive her to pick up some drugs then take her to a party!
TMP
we gotta end topics like this
Zan
QUOTE(AKT @ May 18 2005, 07:07 AM)

Well "Claude" is proven in San Andreas when you see him and Catalina gives him a name.
And Fido is a name for a dog, i.e. a lapdog, or as said above, someone's 'bitch', which incidentally also has dog connotations...
[right][snapback]622157[/snapback][/right]

Fido is proven in GTA3 and can i see where u get the translation for fido
The Ice Man
QUOTE(Zan @ May 18 2005, 06:31 PM)

[right][snapback]622756[/snapback][/right]

That's what the internet is for, things like that =).
Tootsie_Roll
QUOTE(The Ice Man @ May 18 2005, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE(Zan @ May 18 2005, 06:31 PM)

[right][snapback]622756[/snapback][/right]

That's what the internet is for, things like that =).
[right][snapback]623414[/snapback][/right]

I can prove it. His name in gtasa is Claude in which he looks just like the guy in gta3...and the guy in gta2's name is Claude Speed. It was an essumption but meh, I believe 100% I am right.
Corkyboy
^You are right,but Zan asked the name he was called in GTA3,of which there was only one reference to and that was "Fido".
The Demon
His name is not Claude there is no evidence...None iv beaten gta3 noumours times and only herd him called findo...And iv betat San Andreas 5 times and never herd him get called claude.
Tootsie_Roll
QUOTE(The Demon @ May 19 2005, 09:10 PM)
His name is not Claude there is no evidence...None iv beaten gta3 noumours times and only herd him called findo...And iv betat San Andreas 5 times and never herd him get called claude.
[right][snapback]625404[/snapback][/right]

When Catalina calls back she says "Claude, Baby. I can no say how well endowed you are" or something like that. She was horny but it was the wrong number.

She went away with the gta3 guy, his name was claude so I assume in gta3 his name is Claude. And since in gta2, the main character was named Claude Speed, we can assume they are the same guys. thumbup.gif
Don
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ May 19 2005, 05:51 PM)

When Catalina calls back she says "Claude, Baby. I can no say how well endowed you are" or something like that. She was horny but it was the wrong number.

She went away with the gta3 guy, his name was claude so I assume in gta3 his name is Claude. And since in gta2, the main character was named Claude Speed, we can assume they are the same guys. thumbup.gif
[right][snapback]625504[/snapback][/right]

GTA2...Claude Speed? The fuck did you get that from??

And yes, the GTAIII guy is named Claude, I'm not even sure about the guy's last name. But whatever makes people happy and feel smart, I guess rolleyes.gif
INzANE
Plus, In GTA2, he is wearing the same damn black coat! Heh. And Don, don't be a dumbass. (NOT FLAMING, JUST GIVING ADVICE)
Psy
It's funny, because I've been saying his name was Claude for 4 years and no one believed me until San Andreas. For gods sake, it's in the friggin GTA3 game data if anyone bothered to look.
Pecnut
QUOTE(Psy @ May 20 2005, 03:03 PM)
It's funny, because I've been saying his name was Claude for 4 years and no one believed me until San Andreas. For gods sake, it's in the friggin GTA3 game data if anyone bothered to look.
[right][snapback]626625[/snapback][/right]

Yeh well, people only hear what they want to hear, and people like mystery.
Kid_Notorious
as everyone has stated befor claude is his name (sheesh you would think the guy is rumplestilskin or something) catalina gives you a call as she is being "taken advantage of" by claude and i quote "ooh claude youre so big bigger than the gear shaft"end quote i hate that crazy bitch and i hope she burns in hell
switchfoot321
dkslfnhslkeivndieicnei thats german for grand theft auto... i promise
*crosses fingers behind back*.
switchfoot321
oh yeah, and iceman chill it's just a game...hahahahahah...lolololol....

did you get the joke...keywords:iceman, and chill.........................how about now!
The_End90
Claude or Fido...

They're both gay names anyway.

They suck! Who would name their kid Fido? Thats what you would name your f*ing dog! And Claude, c'mon, wheres the evidence? Show me some.
The Demon
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ May 19 2005, 02:51 PM)

In Gta3Marie called him Fido...What does say....Maybe he has two name i dunno.
The Ice Man
QUOTE(Loly Pop @ May 19 2005, 09:51 PM)

Also in the last phone call when they're having Secks x_X' Anyway, it's proven.
Maybe you don't watch cutscenes.
The Hydra Sucks
QUOTE(corkyboy @ May 18 2005, 01:17 AM)
He is called Fido by Salvatore Leone's girlfriend,Maria in GTA3 in the cutscene at the beginning of the mission where you drive her to pick up some drugs then take her to a party!
[right][snapback]622191[/snapback][/right]

It's a goddamn nickname! It's a sterotypical dog name. If Ryder called CJ "bitch" and we didn't know his name, would you call him Bitch?
Corkyboy
People were giving reasons for why he was called Claude.
I put a reason for why he was called Fido!
Why does that bother you so much?
I know it's a nickname,I was just showing people where the name was used!
CHILL OUT!!! dry.gif
OG CJ
I'm guessing that Fido is his nickname because like someone said before hes like a dog and does for other people. I'm also guessing that Claude is his real name.

*Who cares what his name is anyway?*
Kuranes
Fido is also the name for that stupid character of 7up, wich actually is thin and have similar hair to the gta3 character.

About that Claude stuff, I don't know, it's not 100% sure (why should Catalina have just only 1 boyfriend? CJ can have 7 girls...)and besides, I rather Fido.

Is there some site where you can link the story of all GTA's? I've only played the last 3 of 'em, but there are a lot of characters repeated.

Someone said that GTA3 is located in '01. Where does it says that? Why there aren't any cell phones, cars look so old, and you can't see things like cd players, or laptops, and that sort of stuff? I've always thought that the game took place in the 70's actually, until I saw Leone on San Andreas...

Mega_Jaz
QUOTE(Zan @ May 16 2005, 10:08 PM)
I'm knew to the forums and a verteran at the GTA series since the ps2 releases, but ive been hearing that you guys have figured out the name for the guy in gta3, does anyone actually know that his name is given in gta3? Ive used the search function but about 100 topics came up with his name biggrin.gif roll2.gif
[right][snapback]620264[/snapback][/right]

it's claude
Venairial
well maybe fido is his nickname or sumthing.

EDIT:this may sound dumb but maybe his name is Claude Fido Speed??
MaxMark
QUOTE(Venairial @ Jul 3 2005, 04:23 AM)
this may sound dumb
[right][snapback]722240[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it does tongue.gif

a*shole^haha im not flaming you!
DonLeone
The name 'Fido' was only used by Maria, referring to him like an obedient little dog that follows orders. It wasn't his name.
KiNgOfSeAs911
QUOTE(DonLeone @ Jul 5 2005, 09:58 AM)
The name 'Fido' was only used by Maria, referring to him like an obedient little dog that follows orders. It wasn't his name.
[right][snapback]728229[/snapback][/right]

everything has been said 100 times already.
Repoman
QUOTE(Zan @ May 18 2005, 01:31 PM)

You are obviously not an American. GTA IS American. So trust us when we say that the nickname she gave him "Fido" is just that - a nickname.

Besides - Salvatore never introduced him as "Fido" so how would she know that was his name anyways?

Since he was running errands, she called him "Fido". She basically called him a little errand-running bitch.

If she would have said to him "Come on asshole" would you think his name was asshole????
$carface
Can somebody explain to me why you think the guy in GTA 2 is Claude? Just because he's wearing a leather jacket?
acemace
For fucks sake, Most of the questions on this page have been answered, fucking read up.
$carface
Fuck you.

I know Claude is the guy in GTA 3, but I've heard people say he's the guy out of GTA 2 as well, where's the proof?
The site's 2nd resident BMXer
pet name i guess

in the end "FIDO" went pitbull on maria for being boring roll2.gif
Fried Gold
QUOTE(Repoman @ Jul 21 2005, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE(Zan @ May 18 2005, 01:31 PM)

You are obviously not an American. GTA IS American. So trust us when we say that the nickname she gave him "Fido" is just that - a nickname.

Besides - Salvatore never introduced him as "Fido" so how would she know that was his name anyways?

Since he was running errands, she called him "Fido". She basically called him a little errand-running bitch.

If she would have said to him "Come on asshole" would you think his name was asshole????
[right][snapback]762213[/snapback][/right]

GTA ISN'T American. Most of the games are set in America but R* is a British company. Get it right. Apart from that you are completely right. "Fido" is a generic name used for dogs, as well as names like "Rover" (more in Britain) and "Rex". Anyway, as Psy said:

It's funny, because I've been saying his name was Claude for 4 years and no one believed me until San Andreas. For gods sake, it's in the friggin GTA3 game data if anyone bothered to look

Can't argue with that.
Psy
I can officially confirm that is the GTA3 guy had a name, it WOULD be "Claude". I found this out about 6 months after GTA3 was released, and if you look in the game data, in the text file, you'll find the value "DEFNAM: Claude.....". Possibly Rockstar were going to give you the chance to choose your players name, but Claude is definitely in there, so they had planned to call him that. San Andreas just confirms it, but I have pretty much known this for 4 years.

Edit: Woah, shit, cant remember replying to this topic before, but there you have it again tongue.gif
Kleaver
Where exactly in the data folder?
gtahitman2005
lol am right wid u psy i knew dat too but becuase this topic has gone so far can please

LOCK IT
tamunwhye
his name is claude speed
i think the character's clothes in gta2 do not belong to claude
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.