Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
FX
post your thoughts on it, i fucking love it
BigBadJohn
yeah its is pretty good, takes gaming to the next level.

but there has already been two topics like this posted
Toge
It's okay. I like more the MGS games though.
EMBO
Complete rip off of MGS. And it doesn't even rip it off well.
Fugitive
I love all the Splinter Cell games cool.gif

I just wish there was more weapons/Items sad.gif
DJ-Invert
im thinking of buying it. it looks pretty good
BigBadJohn
you can't say it is a rip off just because they are stealth games

that would be like sayin midnight club 3 is a rip off of Need for speed 2

or motal kombat is a rip off of teken.

and anyways, mgs had a totally different style, sure it is stealth but there is alot of cutscenes and it plays like a movie, where as splinter cell doesn't, it is alot more serious.
EMBO
QUOTE (BigBadJohn @ Apr 24 2005, 04:16 PM)
you can't say it is a rip off just because they are stealth games

that would be like sayin midnight club 3 is a rip off of Need for speed 2

or motal kombat is a rip off of teken.

and anyways, mgs had a totally different style, sure it is stealth but there is alot of cutscenes and it plays like a movie, where as splinter cell doesn't, it is alot more serious.

*Cough* The jungle *cough*
Zacko
It's alright but MGS beats it hands down in my eyes wink.gif
BigBadJohn
Yeah the jungle aswell as embo said

but i would have undertood anyways if you just said jungle and not put stupid cough marks round it
EMBO
I'm sarcastic. It's not my fault sad.gif

Anyway I still can't believe people pick Splinter Cell over MGS. It's practically the same thing but more serious.
BigBadJohn
I like the two games, but i would have to go with mgs
Juice
Yeah, The best one in the series so far.
Has anyone played co-op? It's insanely fun!
BigBadJohn
yeah i tried co-op with my bro but i didn't really like it sad.gif
Toge
I tried the co-op in a gaming store, but the other dude I played it with sucked at the game so it's wasn't so enjoyable... happy.gif
BigBadJohn
LoL I can imagine that
Trap Muzik
QUOTE (EMBO @ Apr 24 2005, 01:47 PM)

It rips it off, how cuz its a stealth game? MGS isnt as realistic as Splinter Cell. Pretty much Splinter Cell is a better and more realistic game than MGS. HAHA deal with that MGS fanboys.
gtasanandreasgeek
Good graphics
cool gameply
Bad co-op
Better thans mgs

9/10
Juice
QUOTE (BigBadJohn @ Apr 26 2005, 03:26 PM)
yeah i tried co-op with my bro but i didn't really like it sad.gif

I played it with my bro and it sucked.
Play it with a freind.
BigBadJohn
many of my pals are utter crap at gaming. I have one friend who is really good at games but he never likes the games i like
EMBO
QUOTE (Trap Muzik @ Apr 26 2005, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (EMBO @ Apr 24 2005, 01:47 PM)

It rips it off, how cuz its a stealth game? MGS isnt as realistic as Splinter Cell. Pretty much Splinter Cell is a better and more realistic game than MGS. HAHA deal with that MGS fanboys.

It's so obvious it's a rip off. You really don't need to look far to see the similarities.
BigBadJohn
and thats check-mate
Trap Muzik
its a better game
SanFierro'NAM
What? Are you guys kidding me? MGS is no way better than splinter cell.

Unlike MGS, splinter cell is a far more serious game. It has realistic weapons that are either available in today's market or are currently in final testings and will be in the market within the next 2-3 years. MGS, on the other hand, proved its un-realism in MGS2:sons of liberty with all that "mumbo jumbo" crap such as octopus arms, a vampire, liquid snake and (lol) who can forget, the most unrealistic storyline such as "the patriots" biggrin.gif

splinter cell is all about stealth, its not like MGS where you ambush 4-6 people, knock them cold, kill all of them, raise the warning level, leave the room then get inside the room again and everything returns back to normal as though you havent killed anybody. not to mention splinter cell has politically logical storylines, which im sure are probably annoying for little kiddos who know nothing about today's world. wink.gif

~hope no ones offended~
Albino
Makes sence...

I favor Splinter Cell over MGS, simply because Splinter Cell is cooler and doesn't have any shit Japanese crossover...dry.gif
BigBadJohn
cool.gif I like mgs3 cause it brung bak history about the cold war and stuff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.