Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scarface: The World is Yours
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Other Games > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2
Delft
Have any of you guys heard of the Scarface game coming out? It looks cool.
To me, it looks more like an advanced version of GTA: VC, Ill be pre-ordering it!

Game Info:

Developer - Radical Entertainment
Publisher - Vivendi Universal Games
Genre - Shooter
Release Date - September 13th, 2005
ESRB - TBA
Platforms - PC, PS2, and Xbox

Screenshots:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

For ALL screenshots, Click Here - Scarface: The World is Yours Screenshots

Even more Screenshots, just found thumbup.gif - Click Here!
GTI
sick
Backpacker
Im getting it mos def now.
bobert
i think i wont buy it..... vivendi sucks The simpsons hit and run was a waste of 50 dollars.
R3D_WUD
So you can drive cars in ti too?
ENVi3
I'll rent it if Gamespot gives it a good enough score.
R3D_WUD
QUOTE (BulletTime08 @ Apr 23 2005, 01:11 AM)
I'll rent it if Gamespot gives it a good enough score.

I'll rent it to find out whats its like. Find out if i want it or not.
Space_Ace
I will definatly rent it before i buy it.
Still looks like a good gamee tho.
Delft
Yeah, true about The Simpsons: Hit & Run, but i'm trusting Vivendi on this one, and they have Sierra on there side, which helped with the Half Life Series. I hope Sierra wont screw it up aswell
Delft
Yes, you CAN drive cars
And by the ammount of his ammo, looks like somebody is cheating wink.gif

user posted image
Russian
Looks like BS.
Delft
Looks like BS.
Looks like a shitty GTA rip-off

Well keep in mind, there still adding features to the game, so that isnt exactly what
it is going to look like. Hopefully sad.gif
Tidus_Lionheart
my little bro posted this weeks ago he the iceman currently suspended
Smooth101
I will rent it at first, but not buy it. Looks decent to me.
Kratos
If plenty of sites give it a very good score, then I'll buy it.
Delft
Oh yes and I just found out, Al Pacino is playing the voice of Tony Montana biggrin.gif
Kratos
QUOTE (GameSpot)
SAN FRANCISCO--Please allow us to spoil a more than 20-year-old movie: Tony Montana dies at the end of Scarface. At least, he dies in the film. But in the upcoming video game rendition of Brian De Palma's cocaine-fueled 1983 crime classic, Montana is alive and well. Moreover, he's pissed that his family and his drug-smuggling empire have been taken from him, and it'll be up to you to help him climb back up from the lowest rung to reacquire his former greatness.

Scarface, the game, will actually start off during the climactic final scene of the film, in which Tony is holed up in his office with rival drug lord Sosa's agents amassing outside his door. You'll first get to play right when Tony grabs his grenade-launcher-equipped M-16 and lays waste to the invaders. Once that little bit of business is tidied up, you and Tony will hit the streets of Miami to start rebuilding the Montana reputation one step at a time. In fact, reputation will be the driving force behind the gameplay. As you complete certain story-based missions, build your fortune, and purchase property, your quantifiable reputation will increase, opening up new areas and allowing you to further tighten your grip on Miami's underworld.

The designers at Radical want to capture the personality of Tony Montana in every facet of the game. To that end, a taunt mechanic has been devised that you can use in shoot-outs to draw enemies out of hiding. One press of the taunt button will cause Tony to hurl a variety of choice epithets, and enemies will step out to fire at you, giving you the chance to take them down. If you're already engaged in a shoot-out, taunting an enemy will often cause them to stop for a moment in consternation and then they will try to yell something back. That's your cue to shoot them.

You'll have access to a smart bomb feature that you'll be able to use as your rage builds up during combat. Tony Montana isn't known as the most levelheaded character in cinema history, and that reputation comes to the fore when you've built up enough anger to unleash a blind fury attack on nearby enemies. When you use this ability, Tony will go crazy with rage and auto-target every enemy in the area, taking them all down with vicious aplomb.

Taking a cue from Tony's (paraphrased) line that he never screwed anyone over that didn't have it coming to them, the designers have attempted to imbue the gameplay with some semblance of a moral compass. If you draw your weapons in a public place, innocent bystanders will cower and run in fear, while legitimate enemies will draw their own guns and get ready to fight. You won't be able to gun down just anyone; if you try to shoot an innocent person, Tony will vocally reconsider and lower his weapons.

Scarface unfortunately wasn't playable at VU's GDC showcase, but we did get to see a new trailer for the game that showed off a few short snippets of gameplay in which Tony (decked out in a traditional Hawaiian shirt) shot and drove his way through the crime-addled streets of Miami. The game appeared fairly Grand Theft Auto-esque in many of these sequences, though the character of Montana himself was easily recognized. We're curious to see how the elements of the game come together to evoke the feeling of the classic film, especially once the voice cast is announced in the coming weeks. Scarface is due for release in the fall of this year, and we'll bring you more on the game as it happens.

Click here for the Scarface Developer Interview. It's right under the Scarface First Look article and above the Most Recent GameSpot Updates.

Click here for the first ever Scarface: The World Is Yours Trailer.
Epidemic
user posted image
That looks similar to Tommy Vercetti's mansion off of Vice City.
Delft
Thats because Tommy's Mansion was based on the Scarface Mansion wink.gif
Delft
Oh right, I forgot to mention, click on my "Scarface: The World is Yours" signature to view the 1300k Scarface trailer biggrin.gif
Smooth101
QUOTE (BigSmokeSucks @ Apr 24 2005, 06:00 PM)
Oh right, I forgot to mention, click on my "Scarface: The World is Yours" signature to view the 1300k Scarface trailer  biggrin.gif

Sweet. That makes the game look more interesting.

PS: Try not to double post. wink.gif
Delft
Sure thing wink.gif
Epidemic
When is the game coming out?

Do you come on this forum often? You became a member way before me and you have 30 posts and I have 537.
GTI
its coming out september 13th 2005 i think.
Kratos
QUOTE (Slayer87 @ Apr 24 2005, 09:32 PM)
user posted image

Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me.
#GROVEstreeter!
TIGHT!Im sooo getting it.
Epidemic
QUOTE (Kratos @ Apr 24 2005, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Slayer87 @ Apr 24 2005, 09:32 PM)
user posted image

Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

You're the idiot. "Metalheads are emo or retarded." I bet you're one of those preppy queers.

On topic: the game kinda looks like it'll suck.
Delft
Just because he has never seen Scarface dosnt mean he is an idiot.

And now I come often, before I didnt. I just started visiting it often since last week.
Epidemic
QUOTE (BigSmokeSucks @ Apr 24 2005, 09:59 PM)
Just because he has never seen Scarface dosnt mean he is an idiot.

And now I come often, before I didnt. I just started visiting it often since last week.

Thank you!! I've never seen Scarface, but I would like to. I've seen a little of it on TV. It was the part when they were driving and the passenger was gonna blow up a car with a kid in it. Scarface didn't want him, so he shot him in the head. "Look at you now, you stupid fuck!!" I think that's how it goes.
Big Fat Negro
[Old topic, sue me]
Scarface the game will rock all kinds of ass, merely because it's based off the best movie ever. I must admit, the "Looks Like Tommy's Mansion" line WAS hysterical... I'm actually betting this will surpass GTA. And it is ironic to call this a ripoff of GTA, because GTA was inspired by movies such as this. Espically Vice City, of course. " I kill a Communist for free, but for a green card, I carve him up reaaaaaal good. "
TMP
yeah i think it will be a preety good game, as long as they capture the vibe the movie had. it has to be right on the money with everything, or it will fail.
VortekZ
even 50 cents game looks better than that...

Meh, it looks like shit but the movie is awesome!
GTI
WTF..someone just told me the games storyline is about:

SPOILER WARNING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE SCARFACE

I heard that Tony survives the sawn off shotgun shot to his back. And the game is based on tony trying to get his money back, and get his coke busniess up again, and once he does that he has to try and kill Sosa...if this is true i am not buying that fucking game.
Backpacker
Yeah, I read that in the gamepro magazine.
GTI
what the fuck!..that game is gonna bring down scarface's reputation. An amazing fucking movie, and a fucking pathetic game.
Mute
Hell, BJ it's all in the giant Gamespot quote one the first page of this thread....

It doesnt look the best visually, but I've always wanted a character to yell various profanities at enemies BEFORE shooting them.
Kayess
meh it wont beat gta vice city cos vice coty was gta influenced by scarface, btu this game is scarface influenced by gta, VC took the good bits from scraface and kept with the gta style, Scareface the game has scareface with bits of gta and i cant see it workin, so many companys have tried to get the gta experiance but itll never happen so this'll be another game trying to be like gta just with a scareface theme, i hope its good and i wish it luck but i cant see it beating vice city
Kratos
QUOTE (BJ SMITH @ Apr 29 2005, 04:43 PM)
WTF..someone just told me the games storyline is about:

SPOILER WARNING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE SCARFACE

I heard that Tony survives the sawn off shotgun shot to his back. And the game is based on tony trying to get his money back, and get his coke busniess up again, and once he does that he has to try and kill Sosa...if this is true i am not buying that fucking game.

He never gets the shotgun blast in the first place. It's a "What if Toney survived" Scarface videogame.
Zacko
Meh it looks alright but I don't think I will get it
spatt49
i played it i got on a demo who i bought off a friend

Hes a contract killer and there are so cool guns but the cars on the demo are real shit its cool how you can do 360 aiming its nearly like vice city but better graphics
T-ReeX
You Lie'r the game is not even out yet ... Hahahaha Loser King !!

And the game is cooming out about 3 -4 months ... and you are saying that you played Scarface : "demo" LoL ... post some pic's then tongue.gif
MafiaHitman
Isn't anybody concerned with the limitations they seem to have in this game. Its like vice city but you can only shoot bad guys not just anybody. I'd rather have vc and shoot whoever the hell i want.

Limitations like those mentioned on page 1 would make the game more linear and reduce the playability. You should have a free reign in the city to enjoy the game, just imagine going around gta and not being able to kill any pedestrians.

You might as well go and buy Simpsons hit and run.

Smoke-A-Lot Records
i don't know how most of you say its a vice city rip off, when vice city 'ripped off' scarface in many ways, the mansion, clothes etc..

but about the game, i don't think it will do well, the storyline impresses me, and i am hoping to purchase it, but hopefully it won't be a big let down...like driv3r was (which i highly doubt)
PhantomStranger
the graphics look shite sad.gif and the game looks like DRIV3R, double sad.gif sad.gif
MafiaHitman
QUOTE(The Regiment @ Aug 6 2005, 11:50 PM)
i don't know how most of you say its a vice city rip off, when vice city 'ripped off' scarface in many ways, the mansion, clothes etc..
[right][snapback]797380[/snapback][/right]

I dont know that they took so much from scarface, i just saw an episode of "Miami Vice" on cable. I have seen this series before because its quite old, but in this episode what seemed like two main characters, a black guy and a white guy were chasing somebody in a sports car.

Even the suits they were wearing looked exactly like those i seen tommy and lance wearing in vice city, a blue suit and a white one. After watching that i felt that maybe they ripped of this series just as much as scarface, if not more. Even the name seems to have been partly copied!
House
QUOTE(MafiaHitman @ Aug 7 2005, 10:36 AM)
Isn't anybody concerned with the limitations they seem to have in this game. Its like vice city but you can only shoot bad guys not just anybody. I'd rather have vc and shoot whoever the hell i want.

Limitations like those mentioned on page 1 would make the game more linear and reduce the playability. You should have a free reign in the city to enjoy the game, just imagine going around gta and not being able to kill any pedestrians.

You might as well go and buy Simpsons hit and run.
[right][snapback]797347[/snapback][/right]

I've only recently seen scarface last week and it was good, might as well get the game, but only bad guys? no fucking way <--- as Montana would say (well I can imagine him saying it)
Overdose
I got it on dvd a while ago and was waiting for them to release a game about it.
Dysfunktional-Hero
I'll wait for my friend to buy it, if its good, i'll buy it. If its bad I get to laught at him for wasting his $$$m00lah$$$
House
laugh.gif pretty smart.
Pieface
Never Get It all games frm mvies are terrible
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.