Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loves Gone.....
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto III
DrFunkinfeet
I notice that many say Loves disaperance was the best mission on GTA3, which got me thinking...

What did happen to him - did i miss something? was it supposed to be a starter for Vice City? Does he ever come back? did he come back meaning i didnt finish the game?

i notice that Vice city & San Andrea's drop ref's and have the odd returning (or preluding) characters to each other (maria, ken the lawyer, brit music geezer, Mafia, 8 Ball (who's in all GTA's in one form or other) Etc Etc ) and GTA 3, but no reference to Mr Love.

Any Ideas guys n girlz??? wink.gif
Toge
No one knows where he went, maybe he'll come back in the next Gta game? Maybe it'll be Gta 4?
DrFunkinfeet
Thanx dude,

cool.gif

cool - at least i didnt miss anything.

though cant understand why such a principle character left the door open and never came back.....

on the subject - what happened to the Hari krishna's you used to be able to run over from the very first PS1 GTA. Now that was my favourite post completion activity........
Psy
If I remember correctly, Donald Love is in the same limo as Avery Carrington on one or two of the cutscenes in Vice City. He's learning about the construction business, and if I remember correctly, Avery says something which Donald makes a direct quote of in GTA3.
Jet-Black
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 18 2005, 03:30 PM)
If I remember correctly, Donald Love is in the same limo as Avery Carrington on one or two of the cutscenes in Vice City. He's learning about the construction business, and if I remember correctly, Avery says something which Donald makes a direct quote of in GTA3.

Yep

"Nothing drives real estate like a good old-fashioned gang war"
BigBadJohn
did asuka die at the end of the game???
Toge
QUOTE (BigBadJohn @ Apr 18 2005, 06:30 PM)
did asuka die at the end of the game???

Yes.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 18 2005, 02:30 PM)

Love in GTA3
In VC

He did cameo in VC, but that's far and away from the point: Where did he go?
Catnip
I hope that in the next GTA we will find out what happened to him, and what was really in the box too.
Corkyboy
It's a shame we won't be seeing Marty Chonks in GTA4.
They could have done some great cut-scenes in the Bitch'n dog food factory.
It's a shame he wasn't a bigger character cos I would have liked to have seen the people who pissed him off,made into dog food,rather than them just walk into the factory and hear them being butchered!
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif
Toge
QUOTE (corkyboy @ Apr 19 2005, 11:51 AM)
It's a shame he wasn't a bigger character cos I would have liked to have seen the people who pissed him off,made into dog food,rather than them just walk into the factory and hear them being butchered!
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

The Bitch n dog food factory is runned by a person called Carl. Maybe Carl Johnson??? rolleyes.gif
rat
QUOTE (DrFunkinfeet @ Apr 18 2005, 12:11 PM)
I notice that many say Loves disaperance was the best mission on GTA3, which got me thinking...

What did happen to him - did i miss something? was it supposed to be a starter for Vice City? Does he ever come back? did he come back meaning i didnt finish the game?

i notice that Vice city & San Andrea's drop ref's and have the odd returning (or preluding) characters to each other (maria, ken the lawyer, brit music geezer, Mafia, 8 Ball (who's in all GTA's in one form or other) Etc Etc ) and GTA 3, but no reference to Mr Love.

Any Ideas guys n girlz??? wink.gif

where's 8 ball in VC and San andreas???????? or am i jus misreading it??
rean2-a-gta
talking about 8 ball on one mission when it says about a car and maria saves you and talks about asuka, there was a car bomb in the infrenus. Could 8 ball tired to kill Fido(aka Player)?

back on topic: I hope rockstar planned this out because everything seems to fit the next game. Like donald love is now in vicecity. One Q. How come Love did not tell fido?
Kid_Notorious
vc is set in 86 an 3 is set in 01 what are you talking about and 8-ball works for salvatore so he didnt know what the bomb was for and who killed asuka and his name is claude speed
INK
Catalena killed auska and about donald love I hope they bring him back he was cool
Corkyboy
QUOTE (Toge @ Apr 19 2005, 03:53 PM)
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

The Bitch n dog food factory is runned by a person called Carl. Maybe Carl Johnson??? rolleyes.gif

Marty is still a fucked up worker even if he doesn't own the factory
DrFunkinfeet
"8 Ball" garages have been around since the first GTA, although not the character that appeared as 8 ball in GTA3.

As for good old Donald appearing in vice city, i didnt realise that.

And good point KATNIP - what was in the box??????

Good to see it's got u all talking...
Catnip
QUOTE (Toge @ Apr 20 2005, 02:53 AM)
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

The guy who ran the Bitchin Dog Food factory was called Marty. Carl was just one of the guys in one of his missions that kills Marty with a shotgun.
Toge
QUOTE (Catnip @ Apr 20 2005, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (Toge @ Apr 20 2005, 02:53 AM)
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

The guy who ran the Bitchin Dog Food factory was called Marty. Carl was just one of the guys in one of his missions that kills Marty with a shotgun.

Yes, but his name is Carl, and he is black too. Could it be Carl Johnson? ohmy.gif
DeViOu$lY_DeVLi$#
what you're theorizing is that carl johnson is part of a huge gang, owns car modding businesses and all kindsa crap in 92.....and goes to a meat factory in 01?

nah, i dont think so..it COULD be possible, but unlikely
antski91
psoible but it would be a waste cos look were he is in san andreas he is manager of thingy dogg *i forgot his name but the rapper dude he saved*and then he owns al the teritory and he is co-manager of the four dragons and then y would he end up in a meat factory and i think the next gta is gona be in the present time
Epidemic
Donald Love was in VC. He was with Avery once.
Tootsie_Roll
QUOTE (rean2-a-gta @ Apr 19 2005, 08:26 PM)
talking about 8 ball on one mission when it says about a car and maria saves you and talks about asuka, there was a car bomb in the infrenus. Could 8 ball tired to kill Fido(aka Player)?

back on topic: I hope rockstar planned this out because everything seems to fit the next game. Like donald love is now in vicecity. One Q. How come Love did not tell fido?

No Salvatore gave you that mission.

"An associate of mine didn't come good to us. His car is covered in ehhh, Brains. Take and dump it."

He said something like that...
Kid_Notorious
i dont thimk carl would go back to liberty or that could be the next one cause carl meets claude in sa so check this the gang takes a trip to lc you know carl kendl cesar sweet etc... and claude kidnaps kendl and leads you on a rund around of lc vc and back to sa where you work for joey again and tony and tommy is a mob boss in vc and joey the new don of lc wants tommy dead but you go to kill him and you end up working for him
INzANE
That would be AWESOME!
Young Escobar
Feh it just happened (loves dissaperences) there is no reason whator why it just happened.
INzANE
I was mad. You go there thinkin' "Oh goodie! I get to do a Donald Love mission!", then all of a sudden:

BOOM! Small cutscene and LOVE IS GONE. GOD DAMN YOU ROCKSTAR! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!
Young Escobar
^But donald love missions are a bitch anyway.

Do you have any idea how hard they are
DavidOrtiz34
QUOTE(Toge @ Apr 20 2005, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE(Catnip @ Apr 20 2005, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE(Toge @ Apr 20 2005, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE(corkyboy @ Apr 19 2005, 11:51 AM)
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

Yes, but his name is Carl, and he is black too. Could it be Carl Johnson? ohmy.gif
[right][snapback]563810[/snapback][/right]

omg!!! connection/10!!!
The Big Lebowski
Sorry to spoil the mood for everyone, but I read in an interview that R* planned from THE START to have three movies connected with each other. the next one (GTA4) will not have any connection with the past games. Ill look for the article i found that in.
Smokey
GTA:3, Vice City and San Andreas are all connected in vareous ways for example The reference to past game characters and also characters making reapearences like Ken Rosenbourgh and Kent Paul. Also Cluade and Catlina. In Vice City Donald Love makes appearances. The next game GTA:4 is going to round these three games off its going to be like a finnaly and it will wrap up all the loose ends in the games. IMO.
Nubski
QUOTE(The Big Lebowski @ May 26 2005, 01:47 AM)
Sorry to spoil the mood for everyone, but I read in an interview that R* planned from THE START to have three movies connected with each other. the next one (GTA4) will not have any connection with the past games. Ill look for the article i found that in.
[right][snapback]641046[/snapback][/right]

They're not movies mate

They need to tie up all the loose ends. The games been left with too many welcoming storylines
DoW
Love disappears in GT3, you guys have this all wrong though.
Yes he is in vice city but VC is set in the 80s. GTA 3 is set in the mid-90s.
So he just disappears in GT3.
carslayer14
Yeah, Remember that package you had to go through 4 hard missions to get? I think donald dissapeared because of that. In the cutscene "love's dissapearence" claude looks at the box the package was in and the box is open and the package gone!

And yes, remember that pole asuka was hitting miguel with? in "ransom" claude found miguel with the pole stuck through his stomach and asuka lying dead on the floor.
Thunderstruck
gta 3 was set in 2001 not the mid 90's and the guy who killed marty was called carl but they guy who killed marty was also white. sorry to disappoint you
Pecnut
We all know Rockstar are good with tying storylines together. Donald Love's disappearance in GTA3 was not something that they could have put in VC or SA since they're both set before GTA3. Personally, I'd bet a tenner on Love turning up in GTA4. He's one of those employers you take a liking to. Like Kenji, but more savvy.
user posted image

The story is nicely left open, and if I could also stick some more theory, in the rumour mill, Ray went missing as well. Reckon he could turn up?
user posted image

Although I thought he was going to Miami - who knows where the next GTA is going to take place? And also, as I'm the kinda person who has a low post count 'cos I make long posts, I'll stick a fiver on the next GTA staying in America and probably going to be set in... *picks a city and bets a quid* Chicago.
KiNgOfSeAs911
maybe carl planted the bomb in the cheetah to try and kill claude for stealing catalina in sa. maybe hes 8 ball......
kid_hood
maybe carl planted the bomb in the cheetah to try and kill claude for stealing catalina in sa. maybe hes 8 ball......

That would be very cool and a great twist but i dout its likely because he isnt known as 8 ball in the 90s in SA yet 8 balls bomb shop exists in VC in the 80s, so it's pretty hard to figure.
KiNgOfSeAs911
QUOTE(kid_hood @ Jun 18 2005, 02:53 AM)

That would be very cool and a great twist but i dout its likely because he isnt known as 8 ball in the 90s in SA yet 8 balls bomb shop exists in VC in the 80s, so it's pretty hard to figure.
[right][snapback]687737[/snapback][/right]

well maybe he didnt tell people that he was a bomb expert.......
Thunderstruck
that is just stupid. first of all claude would recognise him as the guy he met in sa. salvatore leone would also recognise him as the guy who screwed him over in sa. so i'm afraid that storyline will just not happen. plus they look totally different
Don
Xcel has made a point - why would Sal' do that for? Anyway, Love's disappearance has to do with the packages ... someone on top must've done something and it's basically the void you have to fill in yourself. I just assume he went off and let LoveMedia be crumbled away
KiNgOfSeAs911
QUOTE(Xcel @ Jun 19 2005, 10:50 AM)
that is just stupid. first of all claude would recognise him as the guy he met in sa. salvatore leone would also recognise him as the guy who screwed him over in sa. so i'm afraid that storyline will just not happen. plus they look totally different
[right][snapback]690359[/snapback][/right]

you never know.
sm33th
I agree with a lot of people on here, it HAS to be because of the packages. But what was in the damn box!?!?!?!
Pagew/v.bow
here's what my screwed up mind came up with. Perhaps GTA 3 was supposed to be a lot longer than it is, but was cut for release dates. Maybe you and Donald Love go into a more serious bussiness relationship. Maybe Carser City was supposed to be in Gta 3, and those two closed tunnels in Cedar Ridge led to it. So, they made Love dissapear, and they weren't far enough on Carser so it all got cut out, Just like Darkel. Or, maybe Rock* just did this so they could laugh at all of us sitting here talking about it.
Venairial
theyll link them all together.
DonLeone
'8 Ball' is obviously named after the bomb shop, not the other way around. He doesn'tlook quite old or rich enough to own a national chain!
my_crotch_itches
QUOTE(Toge @ Apr 19 2005, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE(corkyboy @ Apr 19 2005, 11:51 AM)
R.I.P. Marty sad.gif

[right][snapback]561560[/snapback][/right]

that would be sweet if cj ran it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.