Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite car?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Austin
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 24 2005, 12:28 PM)
Cars from UK are good i suppose *ahem* MG rover *ahem* anyway, yeah except for those cars, most from here are nice. All rounders. They need to focus less on rich people though.

they did.. but they didn't sell, hence rover.
RedSquare
AC Cobra
Mekstizzle
QUOTE (Austin @ Apr 24 2005, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 24 2005, 12:28 PM)
Cars from UK are good i suppose *ahem* MG rover *ahem* anyway, yeah except for those cars, most from here are nice. All rounders. They need to focus less on rich people though.

they did.. but they didn't sell, hence rover.

True say. Vauxhall are doing alright though, i like the new astra (well, its not that new anymore.)
NCP
You mean the Opel Astra? I always thought that was German.
Mekstizzle
QUOTE (NCP1315 @ Apr 24 2005, 10:52 PM)
You mean the Opel Astra? I always thought that was German.

Yeah, its confusing.
I may be wrong here but i think Opel is the international/non-UK name for Vauxhall, so the cars are the same, just the badge and sometimes the car name.

For example, you get the Vauxhall Astra and a Opel Astra. Which is the same.
And then you can get the Vauxhall VX220 and the Opel Speedster. Which is also the same, its confusing and silly....to say the least.
NCP
Yeah, I never heard of Vauxhall.
DeViOu$lY_DeVLi$#
i guess its just to avoid importing the opel cars, since it does cost a heap of paper...and bdw, opel isnt german anymore, it was bought by america quite a while ago
LattO
My car, Acura CL 2001
All stock

user posted image
GroveStreetFamily
i want the Nissian Skyline GT-R, Nissian 350z, and Honda Civic Hatchback 92-94 V-Tec
NCP
QUOTE (DeViOu$lY_DeVLi$# @ Apr 25 2005, 03:14 AM)
i guess its just to avoid importing the opel cars, since it does cost a heap of paper...and bdw, opel isnt german anymore, it was bought by america quite a while ago

I doubt a country will buy it. I think you mean General Motors. That doesn't change Opel from being German.
murph_fan51
1970's American Muscle Car era, my favourite being the 1971 Plymouth `Cuda 440.
user posted image
MadTrip
1957 Chevy Bel Air
DMC Delorean, no idea how to spell that.
BigBadJohn
Muscle cars are pretty cool, i like the way some of the engines sit on top of the hoods
Mekstizzle
The engines dont sit atop of the hoods, its mainly either 1) the exhaust or 2) Its just a really big air intake bit.........
Im not sure i dont really know much about american cars.
Eyemace
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 26 2005, 09:09 PM)
The engines dont sit atop of the hoods, its mainly either 1) the exhaust or 2) Its just a really big air intake bit.........

Yeah it's the air intake, or as they call it 'the bugcatcher'
Mekstizzle
QUOTE (eyemace @ Apr 26 2005, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 26 2005, 09:09 PM)

Yeah it's the air intake, or as they call it 'the bugcatcher'

Oh yh thats the word *slaps self* Air intake.
Super_Tunka ©
'98 honda integra type r

would love one of them
murph_fan51
user posted image
1971 Plymouth `Cuda AAR 340
user posted image
1971 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 SIX PAK
BigBadJohn
yeah it probably is the air intake, but ive saw muscle cars with really big intakes, not like the one in those pics
BreathMints
I really would kill to get a Volkswagen Hippie bus, don't know why, actually.
user posted image
BigBadJohn
oh neat, they done one of them up on pimp my ride
BreathMints
Yeah, I know, looked really cool, with that tv in it
Mekstizzle
The cars that they do in Pimp my ride all look the same. '' '67 Caddilac-blah-blah-blah big fucking gay american car that has a shit engine but they dont care about the engine just the looks''
Pimp-my-ride = Gay.
G666
BMW's are overrated. You haven't lived if you haven't been in a BOW. The Box On Wheels... a true American classic. I put 28 inch dubs and hydraulics on mine.
ENVi3
My favorite car is a Chevrolet El Camino. I really like the style of car it is. I mainly like the ones they made in the 70's. I cant drive yet but when I can I will try to buy one and if I have the money I will pimp it out.
BigBadJohn
lol cool
Albino
My favorite car is a Honda Prelude, I really want one.
BigBadJohn
decent car i guess
Albino
Hell, I think it's good.

That was your 666th post, BTW...
champion
My fovorite car is a Peugeot 206
MadTrip
QUOTE (B Matic @ Apr 27 2005, 05:38 PM)
user posted image

your my hero
Eyemace
QUOTE (G666 @ Apr 28 2005, 12:03 AM)
BMW's are overrated.

Nah not really, my boss just got a bmw 545 for 51,000 and it does 0-60 in 4.0secs and limited speed of 155mph, also has most of the extras that bmw does, and i think it's kinda good for the price.
fallenbomb
two words... geo metro
Mekstizzle
QUOTE (eyemace @ Apr 28 2005, 09:23 PM)
BMW's are overrated.

Nah not really, my boss just got a bmw 545 for 51,000 and it does 0-60 in 4.0secs and limited speed of 155mph, also has most of the extras that bmw does, and i think it's kinda good for the price.

Yeah it sucks how BMW's and Mercs have electronically limited their top speeds.
*Damn Germans, they have no speed limit on thier motorways and yet they still slow down thier cars*
But.........its not that hard to reprogram the limiter. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif
Eyemace
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 28 2005, 09:55 PM)
BMW's are overrated.

*Damn Germans, they have no speed limit on thier motorways and yet they still slow down thier cars*
But.........its not that hard to reprogram the limiter. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

It's cause of environmental issues or something, must be more toxins when your going 155mph, and chipping your car removes it, cause it's the cars chip that limits it, and the replacement chip just gets rid of it.
x_Eyesonly_x
QUOTE (B Matic @ Apr 27 2005, 01:38 PM)
user posted image

I liked that one episode on "Pimp My Ride" when they had that VW Bus on there. They gave him a 46" Flat Plasma screen TV with a PS2, Smoothie maker, and a Stop Sign (like on a School Bus)
Mekstizzle
QUOTE (eyemace @ Apr 28 2005, 10:59 PM)
BMW's are overrated.

It's cause of environmental issues or something, must be more toxins when your going 155mph, and chipping your car removes it, cause it's the cars chip that limits it, and the replacement chip just gets rid of it.

Damn hippies......nah seroisly, its a good thing. Couldnt see myself wanting to go more than 130Mph on a motorway anyway, and petrol would just be pathetically drained. They need to find a way to make the engine more efficient, instead of alternative fuel's becuase really its going nowhere at the moment, and electricity/fuel cells is just removing the pollution from the cars and bringing it to the power stations etc...
Eyemace
QUOTE (Mechanicalistic @ Apr 28 2005, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (eyemace @ Apr 28 2005, 10:59 PM)
BMW's are overrated.

Damn hippies......nah seroisly, its a good thing. Couldnt see myself wanting to go more than 130Mph on a motorway anyway, and petrol would just be pathetically drained. They need to find a way to make the engine more efficient, instead of alternative fuel's becuase really its going nowhere at the moment, and electricity/fuel cells is just removing the pollution from the cars and bringing it to the power stations etc...

Yeah suppose, my boss probably would though, I don't like been in the passenger seat when he's driving any car, he drives waay too fast.

And yeah all this economical bullcrap needs sorting fast, cause apparently theyve only got like another 20years of oil left in the ground for petrol.
Kamahl
i will be happy when i get a Ferrari, i like the Enzo but that's just a dream, i want a nissan skyline GTR
Super_Tunka ©
QUOTE (MadTrip @ Apr 28 2005, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (B Matic @ Apr 27 2005, 05:38 PM)
user posted image

my dad has one like that but its red and white its really cool
Kuwong
Yeah thats one of my favourite cars, only the split screen model has a bad interitor, and the spilt down the midle of the winsheild, causes a blind spot when your driving.
Super_Tunka ©
QUOTE (Kuwong @ Apr 29 2005, 06:56 AM)
Yeah thats one of my favourite cars, only the split screen model has a bad interitor, and the spilt down the midle of the winsheild, causes a blind spot when your driving.

Yeah but if your really into it like my dad you wouldnt care he loves his probably more than he loves me sad.gif
Kuwong
QUOTE (super_tunka @ Apr 29 2005, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Kuwong @ Apr 29 2005, 06:56 AM)

Yeah but if your really into it like my dad you wouldnt care he loves his probably more than he loves me sad.gif

Yeah I know, I like the split screen design, it looks much nicer than the bay window, but the split has its faults, including the unknown reason of why the front windows open, look at the picture, you will see what I mean. And unless the main side panel is on the other side, you have to get into the front, and then climb over the seats to get into the back. How do I know so much? My sister has a camper, and my next-door neighbour has one, and itís a total wreck, so heís trying to fix it up, without much avail. And one of its main problems is the brakes are rusted, engine doesn't run, and the steering doesn't work.
old/10
Mitsubihi lancer evolution 8
BigBadJohn
i like its safari pop outs
cobra_428
hear are pics of my dream cars
ford shelby gt500 user posted image

mustang 65 user posted image

a classic assie car called ford falcon xy gt http://img150.echo.cx/img150/4050/fordfalconxygt7mp.jpg

worlds fastest bike Y2K with helicopter jet engine user posted image

other cars i like are in my signature: ford gt, shelby cobra 2005 prototype seen in XxX 2, Hummer H2

p.s. the big air filter on the engine is an extention of the super charger which i prefer over turbo because it is direct to the engine unlike turbo which can go of at any time

Table-breaking image changed to link, please do likewise in future. - Edge
Mekstizzle
QUOTE(cobra_428 @ May 31 2005, 09:57 AM)
p.s. the big air filter on the engine is an extention of the super charger which i prefer over turbo because it is direct to the engine unlike turbo which can go of at any time
[right][snapback]651591[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, of course superchargers will be better, but then you will need a big one, AND it takes up more petrol/gas.

But hey, assuming your american ill say ''Gas? Man, over here we got plenty of gas, and its cheap too!'' [/american] clapping.gif
Eyemace
QUOTE(Mechanicalistic @ May 31 2005, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE(cobra_428 @ May 31 2005, 09:57 AM)
[right][snapback]651591[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, of course superchargers will be better, but then you will need a big one, AND it takes up more petrol/gas.

But hey, assuming your american ill say ''Gas? Man, over here we got plenty of gas, and its cheap too!'' [/american] clapping.gif
[right][snapback]653266[/snapback][/right]

A turbo only feeds the air into te engine at higher rpm, normally around 4000+
And a supercharger doesnt always need to be bigger to be better, a smaller supercharger helps some cars more as it allows just the right amount of air feeded in, a big supercharger just pushes loads of air through and makes the air/fuel mixture weaker, losing performance, which is why superchargers are usually only fitted on biger engines like 4.0 litre +
GSF_Hustla
Dream Vehicles are:

GMC Yukon Denali
Cadillac Escalade (new model)
H2 Hummer
Any corvette model, they're all nice
GMC sierra
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Expedition
Old school Impala

as you see, i dont really get into my car details, but i honestly doubt ill have any of those cars cept the impala. My uncle is a crazy car guy and i noticed he had one sittin behind his house last time i was there. I asked him how much work it needed and he said he would fix it up n sell it cheap to me. smile.gif I think its missin some things, and thats pretty much it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.