Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday's Question: Basketball Glitch
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > Important Information > Site News
Psy
This is probably one of the most common glitches in the game, and unfortunately probably one of the most annoying. Many people will have noticed that after doing quite a few missions, or most likely all of them, that a basketball never spawns on any of the courts around Los Santos. This is a glitch which is strongly believed to be caused by saving the game at Madd Dogg's mansion and does not have any fix. The only way to have basketballs in the game is to start a brand new game with no memory card inserted (just for safety's sake) and remember not to save at Madd Dogg's mansion after it becomes available. While the basketball court is nothing but an added extra, and a stat which can be attempted to beat, it can be frustrating for players who have played through the story just to find that this, and possibly other added side games aren't accessible any more. Remember, don't save at Madd Dogg's mansion, even if you're right next to it, unless you don't mind losing the basketballs.
HeavensJester
Use the mansion across the street from Madd Dogg's to save your game. It's only $120,000. =/
Pitbull
^ Yeah good idea ^ wink.gif
fujiki
ONLY???? sure its only 120k and i have 288million without cheating but still its expensive when u can get to another cheaper house in about 30 seconds(cant remember exact location) but i guess if u already have the house but ive beat this 3 times and it hasnt happened but if anyone else needs help on san andreas and other stuff email me at adam.weatherby2005@hotmail.com or add me to msn at adam_69696969@hotmail.com biggrin.gif im on about18 hours a day so i can answer u pretty quick
Albino
No thanks, Mr. 3 posts-I-just-joined-a-week-ago.
wotcher
Seriously, we don't care that you're a nerd.
Pothead
QUOTE (fujiki @ Feb 11 2005, 04:53 PM)
ONLY???? sure its only 120k and i have 288million without cheating but still its expensive when u can get to another cheaper house in about 30 seconds(cant remember exact location) but i guess if u already have the house but ive beat this 3 times and it hasnt happened but if anyone else needs help on san andreas and other stuff email me at adam.weatherby2005@hotmail.com or add me to msn at adam_69696969@hotmail.com biggrin.gif im on about18 hours a day so i can answer u pretty quick

*Cough*

SADude
blink.gif
HeavensJester
*cough*Obsessive-nerd*cough*

And 120,000 isn't much. I mean, you get $100k for the Heist. =/
toey
hehehehehehehehe hes a little expert aint her
SHOTZ
guess wad, i just saw this post today. and just yesterday i re-stumbled upon madd dog's crib and saved there and i got no other recent save games before that. *sigh* i feel stupid. tell me that i am. thanks.
#GROVEstreeter!
[SIZE=14]SHOTZ...Your Stupid stupid.gif
lazyboy424
This is a very annoying, basket ball in this game was awesome.
Neon™
Well first off that mansion is nothing. It was the first house I bought in the game even at its high price. And with over $100 million with no cheats I don't think it would hurt me to buy it now. And if you have over 10 million and you haven't bought all the houses yet you really need to.

Basketball's cool. But the only way one ever disappeared on me was when it rolled off the court biggrin.gif

Oh and there are courts in the other cities too.
bastooka_89
*tsk tsk* will u people stop suspecting saving at madd doggs mansion?
i saved there and nothing happend to mine untill i was working out at his mansion and it said u reached ur limit.. theni was foolish and went on the treadmill and the basket ball dissapeard lamo.gif ohmy.gif
gangstaboy04
i have 2 saves 1 with cheats and 1 without the 1 with cheats i cant play basketball but the 1 without cheats i can: so i think if u dont cheat u can play it if u do cheat u cant

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.