Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Political Board Guidelines
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Political & World Issues
Pyrocy
No Immature replies/posts
Only post something that is up for a mature debate.

Good Ex: "Do you think Bush will pull out with the war?"
Bad Ex: "OMFG!1 MOORE IS A FAYGET!11"

NO FUCKING GTASA RELATED TOPICS!

All Miscallenous rants belong in R&R!
This isn't a place to freeload with incoherent bullshit about your PS2 getting taken away.

Mild Flamming/Cheapshots
Like regular debates, these are allowed but not encouraged. Keep this at a bare minimum!

Faction Wars
Ideal/Faction Wars are not allowed. Period. Capitalism vs Communism topics are OK but they need to be quarntined and stay on an intellectual level. It isn't an opportunity to exploit your cappie/communphobia.

Only intelligent, level minded posts/replies allowed. No hopjumpin' excessive flames.

UPDATE!!!

If you copy and paste an article from a news source or other location then you must provide your own comment which provides significant contribution to the thread along with it. If you do not your post may be deleted and repeated offences will result in a ban from the political boards.

Without a person's opinion or reaction to the artice that they're posting, they're just spamming. I could go to CNN.com and grab all the headlines, post them here, and watch my post count rise. It's just copy and pasting. If I wanted news, I would go to a news site to get it.
Achilles
I like the idea but I can't help but think that this is just gonna be Eldiablo and Acey's playground.
PapaBearDX
thanx for making this topic, i am sick of these commie topics but i know that they are just trying to get their points across so thank you for giving them a place to do that.
NCP
But can you flame inhere?
selpy
QUOTE (NCP1315 @ Jan 11 2005, 11:16 PM)
But can you flame inhere?

Only intelligent, level minded posts/replies allowed.

Flaming is very rarely intelligent or level-headed. It can be, however, and as long as it sticks to the topic at hand, and isn't merely "shut the fuck up you fucking capitalist cocksucker," I don't see why a little rage should be a problem. But keep it reasonable.
NCP
Ok and what about discussions about war? Should they be posted here aswell?
selpy
I think that would fall under politics more than under Rants &/or Raves.
NCP
QUOTE (selpy @ Jan 12 2005, 11:37 AM)
I think that would fall under politics more than under Rants &/or Raves.

Ok thank you smile.gif
P-nut
QUOTE (PyroHazaЯd @ Jan 12 2005, 01:13 AM)

damn, I was just gonna make a "OMFG!1 BUSH IS A FAYGET!11" topic tongue.gif

anyways, big up to Pyroman for this board thumbup.gif
Mekstizzle
R&R predicted Posts(2005/06):|||||
Politics Pred. Posts (2005/06):||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
i dunno wether to celebrate or cry.....
*crys*
guess who# 2
I thought a political type board was inevetable.
selpy
R&R = Political Board since as far back as I can remember.
NCP
R&R = Political Board since as far back as I can remember.

Yup there always have been political topics in R&R.
selpy
QUOTE (PyroHazaЯd @ Jan 11 2005, 04:13 PM)
No Immature replies/posts
Only post something that is up for a mature debate.

NO FUCKING GTASA RELATED TOPICS!

All Miscallenous rants belong in R&R!
This isn't a place to freeload with incoherent bullshit about your PS2 getting taken away.

Addendum:

*ahem*

THE POLITICAL BOARD IS FOR POLITICAL DEBATE. NOT RELIGIOUS DEBATES.
Austin
to be fair selpy.. the "is Israel in the right" thread wasn't religious..

We were arguing whether Israel has a right to Palestinian land etc..
NCP
Yeah I just wanted to reply in that sad.gif We were talking about the war between Israel and Palestina.
selpy
No, A14 clearly had religious animosity to begin with. He started the thread in an inflammatory way. And the war between Isreal and Palestine is fueled by differences in religion more than anything. If you wish to continue discussing said arguement, without the religious undertones, feel free to make a new topic and start over again. I have no problem with that. I just have a huge problem with so many of these "political" threads going off on tangents involving religion.

[edit] In fact, just look at the three first posts in that thread:
Do u think Israel Should exist?

I say HELL NO
taking the Palestinians land, Killing babies, Women and Old men, Destroying Houses.

I think its Wrong

nope, if jews couldnt get thier own country thousands of years ago EDIT: like most other races(and if they wernt loser enough to be captured by ancient eygpt/hitler), then they shudnt deserve to get a country.
btw: egypt-muslims
Palestine-muslims
US-jew infested
now-wonder!!!!!

Maybe
wink.gif

That in and of itself makes the thread in question something that belongs in R&R and/or Spam board.

A14 has also said in previous threads that he is Muslim. And that automatically means he is predisposed to hating Israelis because of Religious differences.
Mekstizzle
tis was me who made the egypt-muslim plaestine-mulsim thing..
oo-fucking--oops!! mellow.gif
sad.gif
anyway...
usually these guidelines are 0 post locked things....
Austin
selpy politics is often to do with religion so I still don't think you shoulda locked that thread mellow.gif
selpy
Well, its too late to unlock it. Like I said, start a new thread if you so feel the need. And as far as disagreeing with my decision to seperate Religion & Politics, contacts Pyro and ask his opinion. I'll follow his lead on it.
AcidDaBomb
Relegionish topics should be allowed.
Pothead
Does your post count in this topic?

EDIT: Nvm, it does.
Pyrocy
Rules Updated.
Qdeathstar
I was wondering, now that we have this Redism VS expired.. .does that mean that there can be no topics on Redism or expired? So we should lock all the redism topics?

plez/
Pyrocy
Well if another, redism/nationalist/g00berism vs everyone topic arises, just make sure it doesn't spread to other topics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.