Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My SLAMVAN
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA 3D > Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas > GTA: San Andreas PC
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
pixeljunkynz
GTA:SA SLAMVAN
I've only posted this on THIS SITE, if you see it anywhere else, please give me an email immediatly.

One of the most memorable cars in GTA:SA is the SlamVan. I like it so much, I decided to 3D model it. I'd like to thank Vendetta for hooking me up with some screenshots to use as reference.

This is my interpretation of the SlamVan, this is the BASE MODEL.
user posted image

I plan to make 2 variants of this base model
1 - LowRider Version (Half based on the mods u can do in the game), it will have hydraulics, and I plan to do an animation of it bouncing.
2 - Monster Truck Version

I am also making several different paint-jobs(graphics) for each version.
I've started the LowRider Version by throwing some LowRider Wire wheels onto the Base Model and lowering it. Here's a Render to keep you going until I finish it.
user posted image

I was making a wallpaper for me to use, but hell, might aswell throw it in with this lot.
1280px wide, 92kb, download it HERE

I'm interested to see what people think, did I capture the essence of the SlamVan? I think it's missing something, I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway, I'll be spending more time on this over the next week or 2 so check back here for updates.
Donnie
Real nice man. Is it going to be a mod, for when someone cracks GTA: San Andreas for the PC?
pixeljunkynz
Is it going to be a mod, for when someone cracks GTA: San Andreas for the PC?

No I can't mod games, so I haven't taken any polygon limitations into mind. It's got thousands upon thousands, if not a hundred thousand.

ohmy.gif I just noticed I forgot wiper-blades!
Pitbull
oo the black one looks very mafia type thumbup.gif
.Seb
Dam you hav some skills drool.gif clap.gif I like it very much! ohmy.gif
Toge
Nice work.
Dunpeal
Hehe...the handicap sign and everything biggrin.gif

Awesome work!!

*waits for next update*

thumbup.gif
DuPz0r
That looks great man, i love the slam van aswell.
may i ask what program you made it in?
Trigga
Proper nice, like the shiny effects
gtajaywalker
You have skills.

One error -- on the third pic the back lacks depth and is just a flat black area.
PapaBearDX
great job.
Hayzee
QUOTE (gtajaywalker @ Jan 7 2005, 09:05 PM)
You have skills.

One error -- on the third pic the back lacks depth and is just a flat black area.

well spotted
VortekZ
nice...

u used a 3d program?
F R E A K
dam, nice work
conFUSED
good job thumbup.gif
pixeljunkynz
It was made in Maya6, rendered in MentalRay.

The tray cover is dark grey, but it doesn't catch any light to show it's actually got some form to it.

On the Base model it's like the game one, a black cover (It will be textured soon)
On the LowRider I'm replacing it with a metal one painted the same colour as the body, and will probably get some graphics painted on it.
cuda is your boi
very nice.

I wonder if people can do that In Cinema 4D... I just use it for renders though.
DuPz0r
do you need a certian hardware to run maya 6?
F R E A K
what program did you use to make that?

and is there a place where i can download a free trial version or sumthing?
PhantomStranger
Holy shit!! ohmy.gif thats so good! thumbup.gif you should send it to rockstargames I think they would be impressed. Do you have your own site? I hope to see more of your skills.
stjimmy
Awesome shit dude.

It looks almost real smile.gif.
pixeljunkynz
Thanks all,

Darkruler - I'm not familiar with Cinema4D, I'm sure it could do something similar

DuPz0r - Almost any computer running windows can RUN maya, but u need a reasonably modern machine to handle high detail models and be able to render quickly enough.

F R E A K - Maya has a MAYA PERSONAL LEARNING EDITION, which is free, here's the LINK. It's far from brilliant, but it will give you an idea on how all this works. You can find beginner tutorials for maya HERE (free stuff > tutorials) and HERE

Check back mid-week and I should have some more stuff up.
Lowrider - Chrome Bumper - Chrome Bullbars - New Exhausts - Chrome Trim - Custom paint job including graphics
Base Model - Some new Paint jobs

Oh and wiper blades on both tongue.gif

Hydrualics will probably be next weekend, it's pushing my skills a bit, not sure how to "RIG" them.
PhantomStranger
How long did it take you from knowing nothing to be able to create cars like this?
pixeljunkynz
Um, Sad to say, but I've been messing around in 3D for over 8 years. But only really took it seriously for about 2 years. Still only part-time.

If you can get the software, there are so many tutorials online, 60% of what I know I got online, 40% I figured out myself.

Heaps of 3D forums with info on where to start, and people that will help you through your projects, and answer your questions.

CGTalk
cuda is your boi
QUOTE (pixeljunkynz @ Jan 8 2005, 10:09 AM)
Thanks all,

Darkruler - I'm not familiar with Cinema4D, I'm sure it could do something similar

DuPz0r - Almost any computer running windows can RUN maya, but u need a reasonably modern machine to handle high detail models and be able to render quickly enough.

F R E A K - Maya has a MAYA PERSONAL LEARNING EDITION, which is free, here's the LINK. It's far from brilliant, but it will give you an idea on how all this works. You can find beginner tutorials for maya HERE (free stuff > tutorials) and HERE

Check back mid-week and I should have some more stuff up.
Lowrider - Chrome Bumper - Chrome Bullbars - New Exhausts - Chrome Trim - Custom paint job including graphics
Base Model - Some new Paint jobs

Oh and wiper blades on both tongue.gif

Hydrualics will probably be next weekend, it's pushing my skills a bit, not sure how to "RIG" them.

cool, Im still a big newb on making renders >__<... cinema 4D is sooo complicated.

Hope to see more work from you. wink.gif

this is probably my best in renders (the bg):
user posted image

and I dont mess with anything like Cinema 4D, for about 3 months >__<
pixeljunkynz
It's 4am, just finished these renders, so I thought I'd pop on and post them.

I'm further along, but they're still in development, heaps of little bits to fix. Feel free to point them all out mad.gif haha naah go for it, u might see stuff I missed rolleyes.gif

I'm re-doing the suspension, I'm not happy with it. Plus I'm sick of those wheels already. In this first one, you can see I did the paintjob from the game, unfortunatly the mapping is far from perfect. If this was a 3D site, I wouldn't even post it. Hope you guys like it anyway.

I'm only posting these on THIS FORUM, if you see these anywhere else, please PM me. I've done a few other paintjobs that weren't quite working, which are way better than all of these. They're going to take a lot more tweaking.

I've done a LSPD SlamVan, so check back later in the week for that.

Click Here

-

Click Here

-

user posted image

-

user posted image

I should just link them, but, hey we've all got broadband right clap.gif

Next Update on Thursday - Friday
I/O
ohmy.gif That is fucking amazing.
DuPz0r
Brilliant biggrin.gif
pixeljunkynz
thanks biggrin.gif

Would you prefer to see the Game Paint jobs re-created, or new original ones?
.Seb
omfg how fucking shittin awesome is tht
Eyemace
QUOTE (pixeljunkynz @ Jan 10 2005, 04:38 PM)
thanks biggrin.gif

Would you prefer to see the Game Paint jobs re-created, or new original ones?

id say some new ones, as long as theyre gud, but looking at the pics uv already done they'll be fucking ace,
nice job
cuda is your boi
those are awsome, how many time you passed doing those?
Huw
Fuuuck me. You have awsome skill. You should send them to R* and see what they say. They may even offer you a designing job!
Neon™
That's wack. 1 billion out of anything laugh.gif You truly kick at this.
pixeljunkynz
Darkruler - Taken me probably 12 hours to model it all. Plus each of the large renders takes about 20minutes to setup, and about 20-30minutes to actually render out.

feeble_minded - cheers

Huw - Once I finish them, and am happy with them, I might send them into R*, we'll see.
pixeljunkynz
user posted image
fallenbomb
i think that it is amazing what you did. who did you make it on the comp. i bet it is. anyway great job cant wait to see the monster truck one.
GTA:Crusader
man that shit is awesome, I really like the one with the racing stripe.....Good job dude clap.gif
PhantomStranger
you should apply for a job at a games company doing graphics im sure you would get the job
trane42
clap.gif thumbup.gif INCREDIBLE!!!! thumbup.gif clap.gif

The only reason I am going to suggest something is because you said you felt it was missing something. Currently the slamvan appears on a sort of 'pedastool" which is cool. It might add to it if you give it more of a showroom appearance, like shiny floor, bright lights...

again I am nowhere near familiar with the software you use so this may not even be possible, just a suggestion

Again, Beautiful work!!!
pixeljunkynz
Pedestal, circle of concrete, is there for a few reasons.

1. Saves me from modelleling a whole Street Scene

2. I can render from any angle without worrying about whats being seen, or Composition

3. Reflections are so important on a car, and it gives it something to reflect.

thanks all, checkback Friday
Big Fat Negro
Damn!!! Real nice, man. I've seen some good modelers, but Hell, you're awesome. You even skinned, textured it Godly.
As for gettin' a job for it, lol, it's not just making models of course... But you'd be a great designed. o_o... Damn, >D This replaces my old S.A. Wallpaper. Keep up the good work.
Space_Ace
Sweet, very cool
Eremal
VERY nice model, but, isn't the wheels a bit small?
pixeljunkynz
Actually wire wheels on lowriders are usually quite small.

The wire wheels are just a bit bigger than the normal wheels on the SlamVan, based on my reference screenshot.

Maybe too much NFS-Underground for you biggrin.gif
DiO
get a flame paint job goin
Kuwong
that is class. well done.
pixeljunkynz
Ok, it's not perfect. I did a bunch, but they didn't turn out too well. Need to fix them all up. Plus for some reason the new Wire Wheels are crashing maya.

Click Here

Any thing bigger then 800 X 600 pixeljunkynz just provide a text link, thanks - Vendetta
DuPz0r
thats pretty nice
JStormz
i like them all very nice modeling and rendering. Have you tried doing a wire mesh grill? it would go nice with those rims
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.