Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
XtortioN
If you listen to Metal you can talk about it here.

From old classic music to todays stuff.

Bands, albums, songs, tours, news, etc.

Also, if theres any unsigned/underground bands you like, talk about them and post a link so they can be heard.
EMBO
i saw motorhead play in a leisure center a few weeks ago lmao
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey did anybody think Ahmad from "Battle for Ozzfest" was wronged and misunderstood? I thought the dude was fucking great, but everyone else was so uptight for winning you couldn't even shove a needle up their ass! The tour bus driver also thought he was hot shit... fucking jerk-off...
XtortioN
QUOTE (punxtr14 @ Jan 2 2005, 07:53 PM)
Hey did anybody think Ahmad from "Battle for Ozzfest" was wronged and misunderstood? I thought the dude was fucking great, but everyone else was so uptight for winning you couldn't even shove a needle up their ass! The tour bus driver also thought he was hot shit... fucking jerk-off...

Its because he acted fake and was annoying to the other band members that people didn't like him. But his band is okay. Marc from A dozen Furies said it was a lot worse then MTV portrayed it, because he had to spend a lot of time with him and put up with him all the time. Check out these forums if you want to know more or talk about it with Marc and other band members and fans.

http://www.adozenfuries.com/
Hardcore Ottoman
The people on there are just as fucking childish as the people here... they hate him because he is different. He wasn't fake or anything, he was just arrogant and pathetically outgoing. Whenever they shoved something in his face, he would apologize but they continued shoveling worthless shit in his face! Jesse brakes a rule--Ahmad makes a mistake--Ahmad gets slammed because they have to bite off fake bat heads (fucking ridiculous...)
XtortioN
QUOTE (punxtr14 @ Jan 2 2005, 08:38 PM)
The people on there are just as fucking childish as the people here... they hate him because he is different. He wasn't fake or anything, he was just arrogant and pathetically outgoing. Whenever they shoved something in his face, he would apologize but they continued shoveling worthless shit in his face! Jesse brakes a rule--Ahmad makes a mistake--Ahmad gets slammed because they have to bite off fake bat heads (fucking ridiculous...)

People have different opinions. Jesse broke a rule and got kicked off for it, Ahmad made mistakes and stayed on the show for almost the whole time until it came down to just five. It seemed like ahmad was trying to impress people, and he would go on and on about a certain topic that could be ended in a minute. I think Adair is a better guitarist and has a better band, came with Marc and ADF.

Heres what someone had to say about him,

"I can say im a friends with most of Beyond All Reason, Ahmads band, and have played countless numbers of shows with them. I feel bad that they had to be represented by him cause the rest of them are honestly some of the best people ive ever known. It really sucks that they had to send him, who is the most fake/egotistical person ive ever come into contact with. "

There is also a rumor that Ahmad doesnt let anyone take pictures of him now because he's a "rock star". Yeah, I dont know if that's true or not.
Jeth
Children of Bodom is the fucking shit. If you haven't heard them, hear them. Their guitarist is AMAZING.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Xtortion @ Jan 2 2005, 09:47 PM)
There is also a rumor that Ahmad doesnt let anyone take pictures of him now because he's a "rock star".  Yeah, I dont know if that's true or not.

Rumour... dude prolly just joined the band wagon and wanted to seem cool by lying about something...

Edit--Arabs can be egotistical (same with Italians and Sicilians)
XtortioN
^^
No, this isn't something thats been spread around, so I didn't just "join the bandwagon". Did I say it was true, no I said a rumor, and its something I could see happening, but i don't know if its true, probaly not but I just wanted to say it.

Children of Bodom are ok, and yes their Guitarist is great. The vocals are just ok though but I have horrible speakers so it would probaly sound better elsewhere.

Check out The Agony Scene, I don't know too many people that know of them.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Xtortion @ Jan 2 2005, 10:05 PM)
^^
No, this isn't something thats been spread around, so I didn't just "join the bandwagon". Did I say it was true, no I said a rumor, and its something I could see happening, but i don't know if its true, probaly not but I just wanted to say it.

Children of Bodom are ok, and yes their Guitarist is great. The vocals are just ok though.

Check out The Agony Scene, I don't know too many people that know of them.

I wasn't talkin bout u... i was talkin about the dude who posted it in the forums...
CriesofThe.PAST
hmmm, does anyone here like carcass? they're a pretty good band
XtortioN
QUOTE (Jan 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM)
I wasn't talkin bout u... i was talkin about the dude who posted it in the forums...

Oh ok, lol at the thing about Arabs being egotistical.

Do you listen to Metal also Punx? I take it you do because your posting in here, but what are some Metal bands you like?
Hardcore Ottoman
SOAD
Himsa
Supertramp
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold

just a couple for y'all
XtortioN
QUOTE (punxtr14 @ Jan 2 2005, 09:20 PM)
SOAD
Himsa
Supertramp
Lamb of God
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold

just a couple for y'all

I listen to some of those too. Some great bands.
Blak Majik
I'm seeing SOAD, Slipknot and Hatebreed to name a few at Big Day Out in just over three weeks.
Hardcore Ottoman
Lucky fuckbag...
XtortioN
I might go see a Killswitch Engage show. But it sucks because the tour they are doing in florida, where I live, is with with crap like My Chemical Romance, The used, and Senses Fail. However in other states before the tour comes to my state they are playing with Unearth and Slipknot, why cant they play with them near me...
Blak Majik
QUOTE (Xtortion @ Jan 3 2005, 04:50 AM)
I might go see a Killswitch Engage show. But it sucks because the tour they are doing in florida, where I live, is with with crap like My Chemical Romance, The used, and Senses Fail. However in other states before the tour comes to my state they are playing with Unearth and Slipknot, why cant they play with them near me...

Wow, you're state's missing out terribly dude, lol.

And I shall have pics from the concert when it's on, many pics.
BEEF
where is a metal discussion without metallica and maiden eh?

not to mention machine head
anthrax
slayer
ratm
alice in chains......... all the gd metal and rock bands
XtortioN
QUOTE (BEEF @ Jan 3 2005, 07:50 AM)
where is a metal discussion without metallica and maiden eh?

We didn't forget about Maiden, its just no one mentioned it.

I heard Bleeding Through is going to be touring on the Warped Tour...Noooo!!! Thats with My chemical Romance and mostly crap bands. Anyone else heard this?
Corrupt
I am 19 and I've been listening to metal since I 1995 when I first heard Demanufacture(Fear Factory), since then I've been hooked in the metal music and Fear Factory is STILL my favorite band.

EDIT: I'm also a huge fan of Machine Head.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm not sure exactly when I started listening to Metal, but I did start listening to Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax when I visited my uncle's house when I was young.
XtortioN
I started getting into metal slowly and now I love it. I would just listen to stuff on the radio at first becuase I didn't have any cd's and only a couple older kids then me listened to rock or metal. They got me into punk then I got myself into metal after that.
Falling Forward
I think metals ok, i don't know many of the knew bands playing these days but I know some of the old stuff. Anybody wanna fill me in on the new kids on the block, not the boyband.
Jeth
You're damn right Children of Bodom's guitarist is good...

No, good is an understatement.

Good as in probably in the top 3 best guitarists alive.

...Really.
Sorrynametaken
Here is a couple of lesser known(signed) bands for all you metal enthusiasts.

Into Eternity http://www.intoeternity.com/ [not really my kind of thing, but somebody may be glad to hear of them]

Melechesh http://www.melechesh.com/ [I recently bought their new album, Sphynx, and I have found it quite enjoyable]

I also suggest Atheist-Unquestionable Presence.

Does anyone have some good recommendations for me? I like fast, aggressive, melodic, guitar centered metal. I also like bands with a social message a la Bad Religion. I don't like bands that pile themselves with silly gore and/or religious imagery.(But you list a band called Atheist Yes, but they are irreligious, not "Come, let us slaughter the children and feed our lord, Satan")
Jeth
QUOTE (Sorrynametaken @ Jan 7 2005, 06:16 AM)

Into Eternity http://www.intoeternity.com/ [not really my kind of thing, but somebody may be glad to hear of them]

Melechesh http://www.melechesh.com/ [I recently bought their new album, Sphynx, and I have found it quite enjoyable]

Does anyone have some good recommendations for me? I like fast, aggressive, melodic, guitar centered metal. I also like bands with a social message a la Bad Religion. I don't like bands that pile themselves with silly gore and/or religious imagery.(But you list a band called Atheist Yes, but they are irreligious, not "Come, let us slaughter the children and feed our lord, Satan")

Children of Bodom is teh shit for you. tongue.gif
Corrupt

Could you compare those three bands to anybody? (Giving me a feel of their style)
Satch Boogie
Any one in here fans of Dream Theater or Pentera? Yea????
Corrupt
Do you mean Pantera? If so..then yes, they are Ok.

Dream Theater is alright, I don't own any of their CDs nor do I plan to(as i'm really picky who I put into my CD collection), but I heard them a while back.
XtortioN
QUOTE (Satch Boogie @ Jan 7 2005, 01:11 PM)
Any one in here fans of Dream Theater or Pentera? Yea????

I'm not a fan of Pentera, but im a fan of Pantera.

Another unsigned band thats pretty good is (in theory), check them out here. I like their more hard songs but they have some that I cant stand. Heres there site:

http://www.intheorymetal.com/
Or
http://www.purevolume.com/intheory

Also, MANNTIS is really good.
http://www.manntis.com/
CriesofThe.PAST
Jesus all the bands listed are good, but what about the amazing bands...
Anyone like...

-The black dahlia murder
-Morbid Angel
-Carcass
-Six feet under
-Glass casket

....any other good melodic death/death metal bands i missed
Sorrynametaken
QUOTE (The RicXperience @ Jan 7 2005, 07:02 PM)

Does anyone have some good recommendations for me?  I like fast, aggressive, melodic, guitar centered metal. I also like bands with a social message a la Bad Religion.  I don't like bands that pile themselves with silly gore and/or religious imagery.(But you list a band called Atheist Yes, but they are irreligious, not "Come, let us slaughter the children and feed our lord, Satan")

Could you compare those three bands to anybody? (Giving me a feel of their style)

Of the ones I listed, Atheist is probably my favorite. I don't know a lot about the intrecasies of metal genres, but I have heard them described as "Technical Death"and "Death/Jazz Fusion." It would be better to simply list a song so folks can figure it out themselves:
And the Psychic Saw <---This song is good example of the kind of music they play and also one of my favorites.

Basically, I want to be able to listen to just the guitar(s) and have it keep my interest over many listens. If the vocals happen to be good, that's just a bonus.
Jeth
Some good songs by Children of Bodom are:
Kissing the Shadows
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Warheart
Angels Don't Kill

Many more I'm just too lazy to post 'em. tongue.gif
XtortioN
QUOTE (Jeth @ Jan 7 2005, 07:57 PM)
Some good songs by Children of Bodom are:
Kissing the Shadows
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Warheart
Angels Don't Kill

Many more I'm just too lazy to post 'em. tongue.gif

Man you must really like Children of Bodom becuase you haven't mentioned another band yet and every one of your posts talks about them. They're great and all but what are some other metal bands you like?
Jeth
Back when I was a n00b to Metal I liked Cradle of Filth... tongue.gif

Yeah Bodom is my favorite, but I also listen to Iron Maiden alot, and some Gorgoroth here n' there.

Bad moods also call for Cannibal Corpse.
Darth Sexy
hahaha cannibal corpse r great, gallery of suicide is a great song, corpsegrinder is way better then chris barnes, evry1 agree?
i dun listen 2 carcass but i do listen 2 arch enemy...ignorin that the chick has mor balls then me they r great. slayer r great sept i find arayas lack of vocal variety can get boring a lil. pantera r great, pity dime had 2 depart us so early. imo slipknot hav sold out big time with vol. 3...it sucked
but my all time faves are mudvayne and godsmack, both r great.
im listenin 2 machine head right now, also quite good.
dus ne1 here listen 2 only metal like me? i just find the rest of the music out there sucks balls, specialy punk rock...*shudders*
dus ne1 here listen 2 In Flames? they r a good melodic death metally type band from sweden...but the lyrics r far from aggressiv...kinda gay infact...ah well great music none the less
XtortioN
QUOTE (lethal_dosage50 @ Jan 8 2005, 02:27 AM)
dus ne1 here listen 2 In Flames? they r a good melodic death metally type band from sweden...but the lyrics r far from aggressiv...kinda gay infact...ah well great music none the less

I listen to them but haven't in awhile and not all their lyrics are, as you put it, "gay". Some are aggressive unlike you said.
Jeth
I don't like In Flames...
Their singer just gets on my nerves.
XtortioN
QUOTE (Jeth @ Jan 8 2005, 01:06 PM)
I don't like In Flames...
Their singer just gets on my nerves.

In Flames isn't one of my favs and I don't listen to them that much anymore so I can't remember the vocal completely. I don't hate them though, I just can't remember.
Jeth
Less In Flames...

More Children of Bodom!
biggrin.gif
XtortioN
I knew you were going to say someting like that, and I just realized you posted and it didn't involve Chidren of Bodom....omg omg
Jeth
Don't make me edit it. >_>
CriesofThe.PAST
Children of bodom would be better if they didnt use clean vocals... at all- the screaming sounds so much better... but anyways "follow the reaper" has some of the best cover art ever... i love it, too bad the vocals drag the band down so much (my oppinion anyways) ...the guitar freaking rules though
XtortioN
QUOTE (CriesofThe.PAST @ Jan 9 2005, 09:17 PM)
Children of bodom would be better if they didnt use clean vocals... at all- the screaming sounds so much better... but anyways "follow the reaper" has some of the best cover art ever... i love it, too bad the vocals drag the band down so much (my oppinion anyways) ...the guitar freaking rules though

The vocals aren't too great, except for a couple songs I've heard.
Jeth
Metal isn't all about screaming.
My oppinion.
GrandTheftAnal
Children of Bodom? In Flames? What the fuck?

Anyway, Nile is the one we should really be talking about. thumbup.gif
selpy
In glad to see this thread is going well.
Jeth
QUOTE (GrandTheftAnal @ Jan 11 2005, 08:53 AM)
Children of Bodom? In Flames? What the fuck?

Anyway, Nile is the one we should really be talking about. thumbup.gif

You are gay, your name is gay.

Now leave this topic and never come back.
Corrupt
Dry Kill Logic's last effort "The Dead and Dreaming" is an ok album. I heard their CD before TDaD and it was horrible. A Co-worker said this one is a lot better. So I borrowed it and played it for a little, and it's a pretty good improvement and I actually enjoy the CD.

What's even cooler, is Fear Factory is my favorite band and from what I've read that DKL's TDaD is influenced by Fear Factory.

I have the songs on my flash drive, I have to burn it to a CD when I get home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.