Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Beverly Hills Cop
demon
post Feb 25 2012, 01:43 AM
Post #1

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

Just watched Beverly Hills Cop and realized this is the film that has that funny pursuit of a truck I remember watching some time in the 80s.

Beverly Hills Cop 1984 Trailer:

Eddie Murphy is fun as hell and there are some cool car chases. About 10 minutes before the end, a large number of police cars arrive at the mansion where the final duel took place, and the manner in which all the cars arrive to the same spot from two different directions in front of the mansion reminds me so much of GTA San Andreas. Crazy as fuck. XD.png
One of the best soundtracks for a film too, by Harold Faltermeyer.

Here is the truck chase I mentioned:

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
demon
post Mar 3 2012, 04:47 AM
Post #2

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

- Thanks for the clue TreeFitty, I've used it for searching and found interesting things.

History of the GMC Astro. A very brief article on the history of this model.
1983 GMC Aero Astro. A nice photo of the 1983 version.

I must say I like the design of those old cabovers. They look nice. smile.gif

I found a site called Internet Movie Cars Database (IMCDb), and they have a topic about this cigarette truck: 1980 GMC Astro 95.
You seem to be right Fitty, they say it's a 1980 Astro model (though one poster suggests late 70s). The poster Cycolac Fan says it had extra strong front bumper (as I suspected), and also mention a camera box behind the cab that I never noticed.

I have not seen other double trailers in America, only as "road trains" in Australia. Was double trailers legal only for a short period in the US? It's strange I've not seen more of them if they are legal.

Comments on scenes in the movie:
(See the truck chase video, also embedded in my first post.)

At 2:01, what is causing the bus to spin out of control? I don't see anything causing it, it's like if they added the scene because they wanted it, forgetting to put a reason in the script.

At 2:24, the white VW Beetle is driving into the trailer for no apparent reason. Driver in panic and holding both hands on the face and not on the steering wheel? No plausible cause for this. If they wanted the Beetle to get under the trailer, they could have made it more credible by making it happen when the truck made a left turn in an intersection.
This and the bus scene at 2:01 don't seem right to me, but all in all it's maybe the best chase I've seen in any film.

2:44: What sort of coupling is that?? Is it normal for heavy trucks in America? It let the trailer disconnect. I've not seen that sort of coupling on other than farm tractors. All heavy trucks in Europe must use this standard of coupling and it is very safe: VBG couplings (images), and drawbar eyes (images).

3:05: This scene after the truck has stopped reminds me so much about San Andreas cops. XD.png Actually the cops throughout the film reminds me about San Andreas on many occasions. And Alex Foley could be CJ's brother.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:55 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4