Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

Rage looks interesting.

http://www.rage.com/

Bethesda (Fallout) and Id (DOOM/Quake) team up for this FPS
which looks a lot like Fallout. They even call the place the wasteland.
Doesn't seem that original based on Bethesda's history with Fallout,
but with the Id folks in tow, might be at least a good FPS.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Mar 7 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #2

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

If they can do that, then it makes me wonder why Fallout still has 4th quarter graphics.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Mar 7 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I think it looks awesome, it's not an RPG as such, but it's still a sandbox game. I like the Mad Max style vehicles as well.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 7 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #4

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i was hoping this would be the engine that ran future fallouts... but, bethesda put an end to that when they announced a new engine for the elder scrolls... i think this game looks amazing but, i haven't read up much on it... maybe i'll start checking it out... i think it's more along the lines of borderlands than fallout though...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 7 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 7 2011, 12:50 PM) *
If they can do that, then it makes me wonder why Fallout still has 4th quarter graphics.

Because Id is using their own engine for RAGE, and Bethesda uses their own engine for their games. Bethesda is publishing RAGE, not developing it. I'm content to wait it out, the next Fallout is bound to use the same engine as the new Elder Scrolls.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 7 2011, 02:10 PM) *
i was hoping this would be the engine that ran future fallouts... but, bethesda put an end to that when they announced a new engine for the elder scrolls... i think this game looks amazing but, i haven't read up much on it... maybe i'll start checking it out... i think it's more along the lines of borderlands than fallout though...

Yeah, but Id Software has a much better pedigree than Gearbox, so expect Fallout-or-better quality.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Mar 7 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #6

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I read about this a while ago. They said they wanted to combine a few genres together but not half arsed. They said they wanted to push the fps elements and push the racing/driving elements to a new level and so they feel relevant to the game rather than just chuck in cars for the hell of it last minute.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Mar 7 2011, 10:17 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Mar 7 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 7 2011, 10:58 AM) *
I think it looks awesome, it's not an RPG as such, but it's still a sandbox game. I like the Mad Max style vehicles as well.

Yup totally. Would be great if the Mad Max element of fuel being scarce was implemented.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 7 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Yeah, but Id Software has a much better pedigree than Gearbox, so expect Fallout-or-better quality.

I thought it was obvious that this was more of a Doom 3 or later Id engine,
rather than the Fallout one. Since Bethesda are just the publishers.
(Heavy on the Fallout influence though.)
Still it looks cool.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 8 2011, 03:39 AM
Post #8

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 7 2011, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 7 2011, 02:10 PM) *

i recall hearing about re-spawning enemies and waves, which reminded me of borderlands... but, maybe it would make more sense in a world that actually seems like it's quite populated... maybe the location is in and around a pre-war metropolis... the racing stuff sounds cool though, a nice touch...but, i'd hate for the driving to feel gimmicky like it did in borderlands... it doesn't sound like that so far... i think it should play a vital role, ala, mad max biggrin.gif... i need to watch mad max 2 again soon...

if it is truly open world then, sweet... but if it is going to try and push me along a linear path then i don't know... if you can carve out your own legacy, sweet... if your stuck living pre-determined characters then, i don't know... if it's about cars, weapons, armor, junk and resources then hell yea... if it's about only weapons and cars then, i don't know... at least i have 6 months to truly decide...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Mar 8 2011, 03:40 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 8 2011, 04:17 AM
Post #9

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

If I remember correctly, the game takes place around a large city, but most of the people in the game are in Megaton-like cities, because the ruins of the actual city are infested with feral mutants (think grey/flesh tone Super Mutants, but they move like troggs or ghost people).

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 12:32 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4