IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Since all the new films are crap, what would you want?
Heartless
post Feb 21 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #1

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

I want a Cold War martial arts film between Jason Statham (MI6), Matt Damon (CIA) and Jet Li (god damned Communist). I was watching a couple of their films, Lock Stock, Mechanic, Unleashed, Bourne, etc, and was thinking, that would be awesome. Maybe get some supporting characters, like that Ong Bok dude, or the Comedian guy from Watchmen. It would be great to have a lot of witty humor and satirical jokes about the cold war and the future.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Feb 21 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Godfather
Group Icon

Member No.: 48,547

I want to see a new gangster film with Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and all the supporting actors that you usually see in good gangster movies. Really want them (Scorsese?) to make a blockbuster before all the good actors die of old age.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 21 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

^ I think someone's trying to get them all together for one last gangster movie. Not sure if it's Scorsese, though.

As far as comic book movies, I'd like an Age of Apocalypse movie (if it were made, it would probably be an animated direct-to-dvd), and I read a rumor somewhere about the Comedian (don't know his real name) starring in a Lobo movie, so that.

X-Men: First Class looks awful, so I still want a good X-Men movie (not going to happen).

And my top comic book movie wish is for them to actually get Deadpool made. I think it's on hold right now.

Video game movies:

First off, I want them to stop being complete shit. They've started taking comic book movies seriously, why not games?

I'd like to see those shitty fantasy movies with "Dungeons & Dragons" slapped onto the title, and have them blown away by a Fable or, preferably, a Dragon Age movie.

Warhammer 40,000. 40,000, as in the sci-fi games, not the fantasy games. Chainsaw swords, orcs that actually look like orcs. Make it happen.

Red Dead Redemption would be a great movie, but as with GTA, I wouldn't want a movie or TV show based on a R* game unless R* were making it themselves. I don't trust anyone but R* with their games.

Assassin's Creed.

Gears of War, Warcraft, and Mass Effect are already planned, but they're not getting very far into production, it's mostly just a dream at the moment.

Non-comic/-video game:

A House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects prequel that's just about Otis (the Devil's Rejects version of Otis).

A new, non-Fallout (Fallout needs a TV series, not a movie), post-apocalyptic movie. Yes, The Road (with that kid that wouldn't shut the fuck up) and The Book of Eli (with that retarded "God helped this implied-but-could-never-possibly-be blind guy kill a shit load of people so he could bring a bible to some guy in San Francisco" premise) just weren't enough for me. More post-apocalypse. Lots more. The Book of Eli was great, right up until that guy finished picking the lock on the bible.

A movie similar to the Departed, but without the cop part, just Boston street gangs fucking shit up. I don't know what the premise would be, but hell, it's not like I'm making the movie or anything.

I'll probably think of some other shit later.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 21 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

But that Deadpool in Wolverine wasn't actually Deadpool. So, while I want to see the movie, it looks like it's going nowhere. And it needs to be R-Rated.

And RDR as a movie would just be a re-make of the Man with no name series.

Fallout does need a TV series. Jericho started well, and then fell apart very quickly.

This post has been edited by Heartless: Feb 21 2011, 10:59 PM

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 21 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The planned Deadpool movie was going to completely ignore the Wolverine movie. The script is being written by the guys who wrote Zombieland, and I think they were trying to get Robert Rodriguez to direct. Ryan Reynolds doing Green Lantern basically fucked things up for the Deadpool movie, which sucks because I'd much rather see Deadpool than Green Lantern.

And let's not forget that Bethesda registered Fallout as a movie/tv series trademark a while back. They seem to have something in the works.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Tranque
post Feb 22 2011, 03:33 AM
Post #6

Trickster

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,061

A homosexual mafia member falls in love with the Capo D'regime and blackmailers from the Yakuza threaten to oust them to not only their ranks but that of the mafia. Together they shoot the fuck out of the Yakuza and eventually silence the Consiglieri who happens to have sold out the family multiple times to the japs for money and knows of their passionate love.

Lots of sex scenes, bullet time, torture scenes and oranges.

You pick the actors.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 22 2011, 04:27 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 21 2011, 06:36 PM) *
The planned Deadpool movie was going to completely ignore the Wolverine movie. The script is being written by the guys who wrote Zombieland, and I think they were trying to get Robert Rodriguez to direct. Ryan Reynolds doing Green Lantern basically fucked things up for the Deadpool movie, which sucks because I'd much rather see Deadpool than Green Lantern.

And let's not forget that Bethesda registered Fallout as a movie/tv series trademark a while back. They seem to have something in the works.

I'd rather see the GL movie. Granted, not this one, but an awesome one. Again, the Deadpool one doesn't stand a chance if it's not R rated. I wonder if the Fallout show would have just as shitty CGI, haha.

I think the Mafia age has kind of past. I think 90s' Gang movies could make a fresh start. Or some good fiction/non-fiction gulf war movies. Or even something about the truth that the Muslims are in fact working for the Communists.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 22 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #8

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tranque @ Feb 21 2011, 10:33 PM) *
A homosexual mafia member falls in love with the Capo D'regime and blackmailers from the Yakuza threaten to oust them to not only their ranks but that of the mafia. Together they shoot the fuck out of the Yakuza and eventually silence the Consiglieri who happens to have sold out the family multiple times to the japs for money and knows of their passionate love.

You pick the actors.

Joe Pesci and Willem Dafoe. With beards.

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 21 2011, 11:27 PM) *
Again, the Deadpool one doesn't stand a chance if it's not R rated.

With the Zombieland writers and possibly Robert Rodriguez, it was bound to be R-rated.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 22 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #9

Litterer

Member No.: 28,564

I'll break this down by genre:

Comic Book Movies
1. I'd like to see a decent X-Men movie. The first one was good, but everything since then has sucked, and they've only gotten worse. Sure, Wolverine was ok. But there is just one incident in that movie that contradicts something that happened in X-Men 2, and it bothers me. In Wolverine, Striker shoots Logan in the head - twice - with adamantium bullets, saying that those are the only kind of bullets that could pierce the adamantium bonded to Wolverine's skull. Oh really? Then how come in X2 a police officer is able to shoot Logan in the head with a normal bullet and bring him down? Are you really going to tell me that he shot Logan in the exact same spot that Striker shot him? And for further proof that this is horeshit, what about in the first movie where they show that the adamantium has only bonded to portions of Logan's skull, but in Wolverine his whole skull is shown as having bonded with the stuff? Like I said, they have all sucked. Make a decent freaking move, and please don't use Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier. "Cyclops, if you aren't careful, you'll only piss off Worf"

2. I'd like to see them actually shut down production on the new Spider-Man movie seeing as Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst won't be in it. This just reeks of the old Batman movies from the 80s/90s with a new Bruce Wayne every couple of flicks. You've had a good run, now put the series on the shelf.

3. I'd like to see them shut down production on the new Hulk movie seeing as Edward Norton isn't going to be in it. They distanced themselves from the Ang Lee version quite well, and the whole Iron Man/Avengers angle seemed like it was going to kick ass. But now Norton has been thrown out of the project, and it's going to suck. And if you do make a new Hulk movie, please dear god would somebody fill Nick Fury's role with someone other than Samuel L. Jackson? Please?

4. I'd like to see them do a decent Spawn movie. The one with John Leguizamo as the clown sucked. Spawn is a great character, and I think he's got marketable appeal. But the movie they did was bad, and needs to be rebooted. Completely.

Video Games
1. I'd like to see someone take the existing Resident Evil franchise and scrap it. The only thing it has in common with the game is its name. Ok, so there are zombies, and they've referenced Umbrella. That doesn't make it a movie based on a game. It makes it a movie with the same name as a game. Someone needs to scrap the existing movies and reboot this thing the right way.

2. I am still hoping for a sequel to the Hitman movie. Timothy Olyphant did a good job as 47, even if the dialogue sounded forced and he over-acted quite a bit. At the end of the first movie, he gets away and the girl ends up getting the money to start up her vineyard, and everybody is happy. But he's an assassin, so he's got to have more jobs coming in, right? Let's give him some jobs to do and watch him blow shit up. Another Hitman movie would be good.

Board/Role-Playing/Other Games
1. I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to just slap "Dungeons and Dragons" onto any hack-and-slash movie just because WotC wants to make a few bucks. If you want to make a D&D movie, then make a real D&D movie and wipe the memory of the existing franchise from our minds. Take one of the original 2E modules or boxed adventures and turn that into a movie. Night Below would be a great example as it's lengthy and could be turned into 3 movies easily. I know they'd have to take some liberties, but if I had to see a Beholder taking orders from a couple of low-level mercenaries, then I think they owe me.

2. Shadowrun would be good to base a movie off of, but I'm afraid it would turn into a reboot of Johnny Mnemonic. And with NRS being cured, they couldn't possibly do a sequel. But they could do another movie based on the genre, couldn't they?

That's all I've got at the moment. I may have more later.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 22 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #10

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

What's wrong with Samuel L. Jackson? I like the Ultimate version more than the regular Fury, and I'm pretty sure David Hasselhoff won't fit into the jumpsuit any more. Also, I'm content with a new Spidey actor because Tobey Maguire was a terrible Spider-Man, and Kirtsen Dunst is fucking hideous. New guy's much better, especially since I'm pretty sure they're going for Ultimate Spider-Man with this new movie.

Other than that, good points, especially the Wolverine part.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 22 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

A Shadowrun movie would be awesome. It would be the first Matrix film, only this time with Ogres.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Feb 23 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #12

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

Hopefully, between getting blown to bits by terrorists, and being inhabited by stone-drunk skinheads, the Moscow metro could be used to bring a Russian made interpretation of Metro 2033 (the novel, more so than the game) to the big screen. And then in a few years, the namby-pamby American remake set in New York would arrive. Starring Nicolas Cage and directed by M. Night Shymalan!

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 23 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #13

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

I don't know what unmade film to wish for. I have many boxes with movies, I can watch an old movie any day. smile.gif

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Handsome B Wonde...
post Feb 23 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Jesus Christ Monkeyballs!

Member No.: 5,644

btw, here's hoping "The Thing" prequel is decent. It'll probably be shit, but it's got Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and most likely some tentacles, so that can only be a good thing. Tentacle loving that is, not hollywood franchise whoring.

Back to the topic at hand...

Games that should be movies

Legacy Of Kain Series - Because vampires are super cool at the moment. That needs to change. Some R-rated limb-chopping geezer vampires with wings is just what we need. I almost died a few years back when i heard Uwe Boll was rumoured to be making a LOK movie, but it turned out to false, thankfully.

Flashback - The original needs a hd remake pronto, and the game had a reasonably involving plot for it's time. If it was done in a gritty 'Blade Runner' (which i'm guessing was a major influence on the game anyway) tone, it could be really good. 'Another World' would also be cool, but its plot was probably too "Planet Of The Apes" for my liking. And we need Mark Wahlberg as far away from games-based movies as possible.

Movies that need to be.... movies

The Girl Who Listened To The Cure All Day And Read Poems Repeatedly

The Girl Who Series has been interesting enough, if not quite as good as some would have you believe. Lisbeth Salander couldn't look more sterotypical goth if they tried. And try they shall, with this previously unheard of 4th installment. With the series taking a rom-com turn, laugh as Lisbeth sits around complaining about conformists, cry as Lisbeth gets naked, and think about hot chicks for the other 95 minutes as Lisbeth listens to the cure all day and reads poems repeatedly.

Oh, and totally seriously here, they need to turn Frisky Dingo into a movie of any sort. I'd die a happy man.

--------------------
I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time - and this includes naps - I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.
Charlie Sheen
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Feb 23 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 23 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #16

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

What a great few seconds that movie had. Not that I watched any of the other seconds of it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DiO
post Feb 26 2011, 01:44 AM
Post #17

Forgot about member titles for awhile there...
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Tranque @ Feb 21 2011, 10:33 PM) *

You pick the actors.

Brokeback Mafia

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 23 2011, 11:55 AM) *

IDK where that is from but....Nice...

I want to see another Silent Hill movie. The 1st was I really liked. Easily my fav video game to movie.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 26 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Most faithful video game adaptation, for sure. And that's from Black Swan, shitty ballerina movie that would have been better as a hardcore lesbian porno.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 28 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #19

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I thought that the Resident Evil movies were good. and the games, lately, crap. I'd like to see a new vegas movie done in the same style as the movies for Dead Space.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 28 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The movies themselves weren't bad, as regular zombie movies, but they were awful as Resident Evil movies.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:02 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4