> Mubarak Resigns
Heartless
post Feb 11 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #1

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

Is this a good thing? Doesn't this just create a vacuum to be filled with Islamic Fascists only concerned with invading Israel? I'm guessing, 10-15 years from now, if Egyptian government is replaced with a Muslim leader, we will see another conflict [Egypt] with Israel. The guy might have been a little corrupt with money, and he might have oppressed political rivals to remain in power, but he worked diligently for peace in the Middle East, wiped out their debt and, for the last ten years, the Egyptian economy has been rising. I think this is kind of dark moment in their history, but what do you think?

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
demon
post Feb 14 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

I generally don't support dictators (of course), but in some cases a dictator isn't so bad. In the case with Egypt and Mubarak, it stabilized the region because he respected Israel and was an ally to USA. And Egypt was part of the Gaza blocade as well. Who knows what the next regime will be like. The islamic brotherhood might be moderate, but islamists are islamists.

But maybe the generals will enjoy the power too much to step down later. It's a bit naive to trust them completely.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 14 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #3

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE (demon @ Feb 14 2011, 03:07 AM) *
I generally don't support dictators (of course), but in some cases a dictator isn't so bad. In the case with Egypt and Mubarak, it stabilized the region because he respected Israel and was an ally to USA. And Egypt was part of the Gaza blocade as well. Who knows what the next regime will be like. The islamic brotherhood might be moderate, but islamists are islamists.

But maybe the generals will enjoy the power too much to step down later. It's a bit naive to trust them completely.

Again, the bolded part is why I have an issue with this. Why is it that if America likes someone, they have to stay in power, but if the USA hates someone (see Hussein, Sadam) they have to go? Why is that? And answer me this: why is it that if some country other than the USA has a government we don't like it has to change, but if they have a government that we like and nobody else does it has to stay the same? Why can't all these other countries go through what we went through in our infancy?

Yes, I know we had help in the beginning. But only from a military standpoint. We were still responsible for setting up our own government, and determining our own laws, and responding to the citizens of our country. After we got up and running and had our own military, everybody else let us do our thing. And don't tell me that we do the same thing. If you do, I'll refer you to Iraq. Bush stated "Major conflict in Iraq has ended" back in 2003, but we STILL have troops over there. Afghanistan has their own government now, and we STILL have troops over there. Tell me: how many countries have their troops stationed in the US? That's right - none. So why do we have to have our troops all stationed everywhere else in the world?

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 04:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4