> Mubarak Resigns
Heartless
post Feb 11 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #1

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 2,164

Is this a good thing? Doesn't this just create a vacuum to be filled with Islamic Fascists only concerned with invading Israel? I'm guessing, 10-15 years from now, if Egyptian government is replaced with a Muslim leader, we will see another conflict [Egypt] with Israel. The guy might have been a little corrupt with money, and he might have oppressed political rivals to remain in power, but he worked diligently for peace in the Middle East, wiped out their debt and, for the last ten years, the Egyptian economy has been rising. I think this is kind of dark moment in their history, but what do you think?

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Severus Snape
post Feb 11 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,564

I cannot speak for those of you not in the US, but my opinion on Mubarak resigning and the US taking an interest in this:

The people of Egypt have spoken, and they want a new leader and/or type of government. And if that's what they truly want, then that's what they should receive. In the long run, will it be a good thing? Nobody knows. They could end up with some muslim islamic jihadist who wants nothing more than to see the whole world burn. They could end up with a democracy like the US/Canada/Mexico/etc. We'll never know until their new government is installed. Right now there's an equal chance of them getting someone good or bad.

As far as the US interest in this: Not our country. Not our citizens, either. We shouldn't take an active role in "helping" them determine the type of government they want. They elected Mubarak, and now they want him gone. It falls on the shoulders of the Egyptian citizens to figure this one out. By going over there and installing the type of government the US wants installed, all that's going to come of this is that more countries in the middle east will hate us. It isn't our problem, even if it does affect those who we are allied with in that area of the world.

Furthermore, I doubt the resignation is going to stick. He announced yesterday that he was going to resign, only to come out today and say that he never made those comments. And the last I heard on the news was that he was going to delegate the day-to-day stuff to the VP, but was going to retain the power he has. Which means that he could revoke the VP's powers and just continue to rule as he wants to. Until someone new is elected and Mubarak is no longer truly in power, I won't believe it.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post
0bs3n3
post Feb 14 2011, 01:23 AM
Post #3

Leece

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,792

QUOTE (Severus Snape @ Feb 12 2011, 07:42 AM) *
They could end up with some muslim islamic jihadist who wants nothing more than to see the whole world burn. They could end up with a democracy like the US/Canada/Mexico/etc. We'll never know until their new government is installed. Right now there's an equal chance of them getting someone good or bad.

No there's not.

The largest opposition party is the Muslim Brotherhood, who - by the way - are Islamic fundamentalists.

Finding it slightly ironic that it is now highly fashionable to support democracy in Egypt, yet when the only free democracy in the region (Israel) falls under attack by a totalitarian, fascist ideology the chattering classes scream kill, steal, and destroy.

As for Mubarak, FDR once said of a Latin American dictator that "he may be a bastard, but he's our bastard." This applies here.

This post has been edited by 0bs3n3: Feb 14 2011, 01:25 AM
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 11:52 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4