> The Video Game Health Labelling Act of 2011
Marney1
post Jan 26 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

"WARNING: Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to aggressive behavior."

GamePoitics.com

I know this is old, but it's back yet again. My opinion is that if playing a video game can turn you aggressive, there's something already not right upstairs.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
demon
post Jan 27 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 26 2011, 08:28 PM) *
People have been making these unfounded, uneducated claims ever since the media found out the Columbine kids played Doom. In the 50's, it was comic books, some shit I can't remember between then and the 90's, in the 90's, gangster rap and Marilyn Manson (again, thanks for fucking that up for us, Columbine), and now it's video games.

Right. But blaming games is older than Doom and Columbine. Violent games drew similar attention in the 80s when the graphics was so simple that it required fantasy of the player.

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Jan 27 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #3

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,564

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 27 2011, 05:59 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 26 2011, 08:28 PM) *
People have been making these unfounded, uneducated claims ever since the media found out the Columbine kids played Doom. In the 50's, it was comic books, some shit I can't remember between then and the 90's, in the 90's, gangster rap and Marilyn Manson (again, thanks for fucking that up for us, Columbine), and now it's video games.

Right. But blaming games is older than Doom and Columbine. Violent games drew similar attention in the 80s when the graphics was so simple that it required fantasy of the player.

Go back to the time before video games were in every house. Remember when Dungeons and Dragons was branded as devil-worshipping, and everybody who did it just wanted to go out and get a sword and chop people in half? When I got the Basic D&D set (with my own paper route money, no less), my mother took it away because she heard on the news that I only bought it to worship the devil.

This crap just pisses me off. Makes me want to pull out my player's handbook, draw a pentagram, and call out satan's name while playing doom and listening to Manson playing backwards on my record player.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 14 2011, 02:10 PM) *
We're more than capable of answering you, we're just not doing it because you're being a cunt, and it's you specifically we don't care about, we do care about the rest of the forums.

Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:43 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4