> The Video Game Health Labelling Act of 2011
Marney1
post Jan 26 2011, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

"WARNING: Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to aggressive behavior."

GamePoitics.com

I know this is old, but it's back yet again. My opinion is that if playing a video game can turn you aggressive, there's something already not right upstairs.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Massacre
post Jan 26 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #2

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

No, violent video games have not been linked to aggressive behavior. People have been making these unfounded, uneducated claims ever since the media found out the Columbine kids played Doom. In the 50's, it was comic books, some shit I can't remember between then and the 90's, in the 90's, gangster rap and Marilyn Manson (again, thanks for fucking that up for us, Columbine), and now it's video games. None of these things cause violence, the world has spent thousands of years tearing itself apart, and rather than own up to their own fuck-ups, people find a scapegoat to blame for problems that have been around longer than the things that are catching all the blame.

Everyone has thought about hurting people, killing people, and anyone who denies it is full of shit. Everyone has the potential to commit violent acts, but most people don't do it. Some people give in to their natural disposition to violence, and blame something else when it happens. Every time something like this comes up in the news, I want to slaughter the people that make these accusations, not because video games made me violent, but because I hate them for making bullshit accusations against the only catharsis I have.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:09 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4