DuPz0r
post Jan 1 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I really need to make myself a decent looking portfolio website ready for my third year, but have no idea where to start. I don't really have much experience in html or any other internet coding. I did make a basic crappy looking website for a college project once, but that wasn't anything special.

I've made the first steps by buying my own domain. I still need a host, but i dunno how much i should be paying for that. And i would like to know if there is any decent tutorials out there or even if you guys have any decent knowledge of web creation to pass on to me.

I want a nice clean portfolio but with some flash or something to to scroll through my work in a nice way. Have you guys got any cool suggestions on styles you've seen and/or how to implement those ideas?

Thanks.

Actually I'm not really that interested in a flash website. Just as long as i can make it look nice. Obviously i have an eye for design, i just wouldn't know much about adding it all together on the web page.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Jan 1 2011, 08:32 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Indy
post Jan 3 2011, 03:44 PM
Post #2

Vandal

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,844

I would definitely recommend using dreamweaver. If you're unsure of how to make your website try using some of their templates.
However, it will be very time consuming making a website on dreamweaver, so I'd recommend it only if you've got the time. You should also look into HTML5.
Try this website for tutorials: http://www.tutorialized.com/
You could also email Psy and ask for advice.

Another thing, a flash website wouldn't be that difficult to do if you're competent at flash.

--------------------

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 03:57 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4