DuPz0r
post Dec 17 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Resistance 3 was officially announced about a week ago i think, and no one posted a thread on the matter. So here it is.

There is news that R3 has an online and offline split-screen co-op on the story/campaign mode. I think the first one had it, but they removed it on the second, but now it's back... So there is some good news. The main character will be a man called Joseph Capelli or something.

Personally i loved the first two epics. The best part about them was playing them with friends and family. The second one was amazing split screen online with friends. i spend hours on it. And the story was always gripping and full of action.

And some eye candy:

Thoughts so far?

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Dec 17 2010, 11:46 AM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
ENVi3
post Dec 17 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

I'm pretty excited smile.gif
Resistance 1 was the reason I ever got into FPS at all. Had so many good times playing online, since everything in it just worked out so well. The game modes, the weapon wheels and the fact that the weapons spawned, etc.
Resistance 2 had some good times too. I played the single player a few times, and I played the online co-op so much I leveled all the 3 classes to level 30. But personally the online competitive sucked compared to Resistance 1, so I didn't play it as much.
Having talked about the gameplay, I think these games have some of the best story-telling (and story ideas). The atmospheres in the game are great at putting you in the main character's position. Resistance 1 sort of focused on a more grim and scarier atmosphere, where Resistance 2 focused more on different environments and scale. Also, the little things like Henry Stillman's radio broadcasts in R2 just added more to that.
Insomniac games is just one of the best developers around and they are Sony exclusive.

Here's to hoping they take the good from both games and make Resistance 3 amazing smile.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 17 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Yeah i loved R1 it was an instant classic. I loved the fact it had story co-op, that was one of the main reasons i bought it. The story was fab btw.

Two had a really addictive co-op but it lacked story telling. I played to level 30 as a medic whilst my misses played it with me as a Spec Op. It's the only game we've really sat and worked together to achieve anything. But i was disappointed they had no co-op campaign like its predecessor.

Three is going to have a co-op which you can play offline with a friend or online. I hope they allow 2-4 players in the story, that would make it all the more epic i think. But i don't want to to be too manic that it takes the fun from the story away from you. I hope they decide to add more to the online co-op games also because i enjoyed working together ranking up on R2.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Dec 18 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #4

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Dec 17 2010, 01:00 PM) *
I'm pretty excited smile.gif
Resistance 1 was the reason I ever got into FPS at all. Had so many good times playing online, since everything in it just worked out so well. The game modes, the weapon wheels and the fact that the weapons spawned, etc.
Resistance 2 had some good times too. I played the single player a few times, and I played the online co-op so much I leveled all the 3 classes to level 30. But personally the online competitive sucked compared to Resistance 1, so I didn't play it as much.
Having talked about the gameplay, I think these games have some of the best story-telling (and story ideas). The atmospheres in the game are great at putting you in the main character's position. Resistance 1 sort of focused on a more grim and scarier atmosphere, where Resistance 2 focused more on different environments and scale. Also, the little things like Henry Stillman's radio broadcasts in R2 just added more to that.
Insomniac games is just one of the best developers around and they are Sony exclusive.

Here's to hoping they take the good from both games and make Resistance 3 amazing smile.gif

same here... except i didnt play resistance 2 very much after i beat the campaign

I enjoyed R1 and R2's single player more than Killzone's

This post has been edited by Kamahl: Dec 18 2010, 07:30 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 19 2010, 05:33 AM
Post #5

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Oh one thing I didn't mention was the wacky weapons, such as the Arc Charger, or the Splicer, etc. from Resistance 1. And how every weapon had a secondary function to it. Those were pretty cool, but for some reason Resistance 2 lacked some of that as the weapons in that game were all pretty much "real".
From the trailer, I can make out a shotgun with incendiary rounds and an upgraded Auger. and of course, Insomniac has confirmed Capelli will have a sledgehammer, similar to how Ratchet has his wrench.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Feb 2 2011, 05:14 AM
Post #6

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 08:25 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4