post Dec 9 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

YES!!!! i fucking love this series!! i can't wait to watch the trailer online when i get out of work on saturday, as well as read up on ALL the VGA premiers taking place... they tackled jungle ruins in the first one, snowy mountains in the second, and now sandy deserts in the third... this series continues to try and push itself further into innovation... innovation in how it presents these environments... i am literally amazed at what they've accomplished so far in just two games...

this is easily by far the best exclusive series on the PS3... hell, the first two games are considered to be 2 of the best games for the PS3 as well... bring on drake every two years i say...

EDIT: OMG a new screenshot!! this is officially my new background now... also, here's a full blow-out article... including stuff about the plot, the direction, and gasp, high resolution 3D!!! too bad i still won't have a 3DTV by the time this comes out... i don't think i'll ever get one unless they lose the shades...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/09/...in-uncharted-3/

Attached File  5246241367_1f4c2e7c10_b.jpg ( 199.81K ) Number of downloads: 2

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 9 2010, 05:42 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kamahl
post Dec 9 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Snitch

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,969
PSN Name: Kamahl_rg

this is one of few games i KNOW ill love even though i dont know anything about it yet... the pics look good =)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 9 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

Some more screens.....

.....and an inhaler for bOnEs....
Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Dec 12 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #5

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

Here's a longer trailer:

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 12 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #6

Godfather
Group Icon

And it's in 3D. ohmy.gif
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Dec 12 2010, 06:55 PM
Post #7

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

Holy shit, i didn't expect uncharted 3 this soon! looking forward to it now, it looks awesome! And Egypt! This is gonna be amazing tbh.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #8

i am thinking more in arabia... the old saudi arabia... lawrence of arabia, prince of persia, indiana jones, etc... i wonder if this game will be more open-world considering that drake will be wandering into a vast desert...

he's also chasing a more recent treasure hunter so, i am expecting to see weapons that fit the indiana jones era, maybe just before that... remember the weapons we starting seeing in uncharted 1 when we reached the underground facilities?? german WWII weapons... i am thinking we're going to see WWI weapons this time around...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 13 2010, 03:46 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 13 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 03:41 PM) *
i am thinking more in arabia... the old saudi arabia... lawrence of arabia, prince of persia, indiana jones, etc... i wonder if this game will be more open-world considering that drake will be wandering into a vast desert...

he's also chasing a more recent treasure hunter so, i am expecting to see weapons that fit the indiana jones era, maybe just before that... remember the weapons we starting seeing in uncharted 1 when we reached the underground facilities?? german WWII weapons... i am thinking we're going to see WWI weapons this time around...

Why WW1 weapons?
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._E._Lawrence

...and only once you reach the iram of the pillars i am assuming... i can't wait to see what kind of crazy sand creature they come up with in this one... it's becoming a staple of the series to introduce us to something not human anymore...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Dec 13 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Well anything's possible, that's an AK74u in the trailer though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #12

well, he did take that from the hands of some dead guy who was probably on that plane that drake probably crashed...i am not saying all weapons will be from WWI, i am just saying we'll see some vintage weapons wherever TE lawrence went...

the first uncharted had the MP40, and uncharted 2 had ancient crossbows... i could see bayonets and mounted machine guns with the 3rd entry...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 13 2010, 06:21 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Edgecrusher
post Dec 13 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Yeah, well my comment was more of an observation than an argument. As I said, anything's possible. Mauser C96 et al would be cool though.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 13 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #14

Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,397

Being a Microsoft guy, I've never played or even seen the Uncharted in play. Someone told me the games were good enough to buy a PS3 for, but they're also a rich asshole without a wife or mortgage.

If I ever do get a PS3, this will be one of the first games I get. Other than this series, I cannot see a reason to own a PS3.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 13 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #15

it really is that good... it's the best action game in forever... good puzzles, shootouts, great characters and story full of twists/turns/deceptions/revenge/deceit/etc... amazing graphics (understatement), and overall, just a blast of fun for a good 8 or so hours... if anyone were to get a PS3, the uncharted series would confirm their purchase within the first 10 minutes...

plus, for anyone that enjoys treasure hunts or learning more about ancient wonders of the world, this is the game to play... from the haunted treasure of "el diablo", to the fountain of youth... and now to the atlantis of the sands and following in the footsteps of the famous, "lawrence of arabia" TE lawrence... fuck lara croft, nathan drake is the new hero of action/adventure games... this game is like tomb raider meets indiana jones and sprinkles a little god of war puzzling on top, with a side of gears of war-style shooting (3rd person/over the shoulder action)...

and dear god don't forget the amazing set-pieces... a moving train, a falling/crumbling city, flooded sections, hanging off the side of a train that's dangling thousands of feet above a snowy drop, and basically coming close to death every 10 seconds... yea, these are games that make you happy to be a video gamer biggrin.gif...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 13 2010, 09:11 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 13 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #16

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Well, would you look at that, Sony's actually capable at getting a release day purchase out of me. Well played, Sony.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 13 2010, 03:29 PM) *
they're also a rich asshole without a wife or mortgage.

Only reason I have one. Nothing else to do with my money.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
ENVi3
post Dec 13 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #17

Numbers Runner
Group Icon

Member No.: 262

I haven't even played the first one ... I've been meaning to, but I just haven't gone out and spent the money yet.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Dec 14 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #18

what is wrong with you, envie?! i thought every PS3 player has played uncharted... the first one is probably around $10 these days... 2nd one is probably around $30 still...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Dec 14 2010, 02:03 AM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Marney1
post Dec 14 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #19

Godfather
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 14 2010, 02:03 AM) *
what is wrong with you, envie?! i thought every PS3 player has played uncharted... the first one is probably around $10 these days... 2nd one is probably around $30 still...

And the gameplay on the 3rd one looks like this....

This post has been edited by Marney1: Dec 14 2010, 01:19 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Dec 14 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #20

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

I'm pretty pleased the live gameplay got that kind of gasp out of the audience. Apparently they're not familiar with Nathan Drake's line of work.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 04:39 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4