IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Misleading Mission., Which lies the most.
Weasel
post Nov 27 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #1

Snitch

Group: Validating
Member No.: 24,529

Many long time players know now that when the Game gives instructions during a mission some of them are not necessarily accurate.
Such as the Girl Friend dating where the Girl says one thing (Slower) but the text says another (faster).
So, I ask which mission do/did you find Lied the most as to how it should be done?

Which mission do you feel Cheats the most. (i.e. the quarry missions where the cargo is stable until you reach a certain point and then it goes 'bouncy'. Maybe you've built up Skill with the Better Weapons, but when you get into the mission suddenly the One-shot, One-kill ability seems to have changed.
Jumpy.gif

Jumpy.gif Gosh... this is disappointing... No body has played the game enough to notice that there is more than one way to do missions? No one has found that the game cheats during most missions? blush.gif

This post has been edited by Weasel: Nov 29 2010, 04:28 PM

--------------------
************* Game Hints *************
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
Do the Gang Tags, Photo's, Horseshes as soon as you can.
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Nov 30 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #2

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

I have been playing San Andreas for years and have never noticed anything that suggests the game "cheats."

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Nov 30 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Snitch

How about when CJ is equiped with the M4 Assault Rifle and Desert Eagle both at Hitman levels.
When you get into a mission gun fight and suddenly the DE One-shot-One-kill ability takes three shots as if you only had the 9mm?
And when the mission takes away the carefully selected weapons and gives CJ junk.
Or when the silenced-pistol won't alert anyone but on the street the cops hear it?

Driving the Dumper and the cargo (bodies/explosives) stay solidly in the bed until you reach a certain point where they suddenly are sliding about like the bed is greased?

In high-noon you can shoot out the tyres with the mini-gun but the explosions of the rocket launchers won't budge the car? (Of course I understand that these are to make the missions harder, but...)

and more...

This post has been edited by Weasel: Nov 30 2010, 04:33 PM

--------------------
Don't go Mission to Mission. Spend time just looking around, behind walls/bushes, on roofs, under bridges. Explore the Car park buildings and anyother building you can enter...
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post
Mattay
post Dec 3 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #4

Do Boy
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19,171
PSN Name: PM me

QUOTE (Weasel @ Nov 30 2010, 11:30 AM) *
How about when CJ is equiped with the M4 Assault Rifle and Desert Eagle both at Hitman levels.
When you get into a mission gun fight and suddenly the DE One-shot-One-kill ability takes three shots as if you only had the 9mm?

Never noticed anything like this...

And when the mission takes away the carefully selected weapons and gives CJ junk.

Junk? No. The mission where you take Madd Dogg's rhyme book, you get a silenced pistol. The mission robbing atm's with Catalina, you get satchel charges. The mission you burn the Truth's weed, you get a flamethrower (and an RPG to shoot down the police chopper).

Or when the silenced-pistol won't alert anyone but on the street the cops hear it?

They see what happened?

Driving the Dumper and the cargo (bodies/explosives) stay solidly in the bed until you reach a certain point where they suddenly are sliding about like the bed is greased?

Never noticed this either.

In high-noon you can shoot out the tyres with the mini-gun but the explosions of the rocket launchers won't budge the car? (Of course I understand that these are to make the missions harder, but...)

Yeah, it's meant to make the missions harder. Really the same idea for every game.

--------------------

click my sig for a good time.
Thanks to D-O for the sig
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Dec 5 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

I remember the scripted car chases where the cars were impervious to damage and were meant to crash and fly off at a certain moment, so shooting them was basically a waste of ammo. Especially the mission Reuniting the Families (I still remember the name of the mission six years on.)

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Dec 5 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #6

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

^That's true in IV too. The game wouldn't let you get ahead of it.

I never really noticed misleading info. It was always:
" Grab the gun. Go to the location and shoot the enemies. "
I just followed the colors. foolish (6).gif

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Weasel
post Dec 6 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #7

Snitch

In the Rhymes mission it offers the Silenced-Pistol (that takes up to 3 shots if you don't head shoot) and Implies that CJ must take it. But, if you are armed with the Desert Eagle you can by-pass the Silenced gun and continue the mission with the DE 1S-1Kill.
(Yes, this can be considered a tutoral on how to change weapons)

What about when CJ wins the car in the Wu Z Race but doesn't get it until Fairwell, my love?

07 Dec 2010:
I'm doing the Zeroing In sub-mission.
I got an excellant start espying the car early (at the top of the hill).
I pinned the car down by the Golf Club and the door wouldn't open. I guess she locked it.
She gets loose and the chase is on again.
I pinned the car by the ocean (at the curve next to 'Town Hall'), Again the door wouldn't open.
I chase her ramming again and again. Fianlly the message appears about PIT.
I couldn't get the car until she bailed at the 180 switchback.

This post has been edited by Weasel: Dec 7 2010, 12:33 PM

--------------------
NO Cheats -- NO Mods
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 11:42 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4