> What's the best: Plasma or LCD TV's?
Marney1
post Nov 21 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

I want to buy a 50" TV for my PS3 and although I'm impressed with the LCD TV I've got I'd like to know what you guys think is best (and why).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Edgecrusher
post Nov 25 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #2

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

I would imagine that any recommendation you have heard that LCDs are better for gaming is based on the burn in tendency of plasmas, which is not really a huge problem except with older sets. LCDs are in fact brighter, this is due to excess light leakage between the crystals, but can also cause the washout effect I mentioned. LCDs tend to suffer from greater image lag due to the method in which they render the screen image; the crystals align themselves by twisting and untwistin to allow more or less light through from the backlight. With faster moving images, this method loses efficency due to the crystals having to twist in greater succession and can create a hold effect as the crystals cannot match the speed of the action. Having said that, this is becoming less of a problem as sets are becoming available with better picture engines. One other thing to note about LCDs is that as the screen size increases, the margin between prices also decreases.

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 08:05 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4