> What's the best: Plasma or LCD TV's?
Marney1
post Nov 21 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Godfather
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 48,547

I want to buy a 50" TV for my PS3 and although I'm impressed with the LCD TV I've got I'd like to know what you guys think is best (and why).
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Edgecrusher
post Nov 24 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #2

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 480
PSN Name: JonnyCanonFodder

True, and television manufacturers are beginning to use that as a selling point, but I've had both and as far as I can tell the difference is negligible. As far as what LCDs are better at displaying; as I said a lot boils down to personal preference, but IMHO, not a lot. Plasmas generally have a higher contrast ratio, deep black rendering, more colour depth, and better response time which leads to more accurate motion tracking. LCDs tend to perform better in brighter light conditions due to the screens having less of a sheen, they are lighter, generate less heat, and as you said, they tend to consume less power. One advantage of LCDs over Plasma screens though is that LCDs often have VGA ports so can be used as a PC monitor without the need for your PC to have an HDMI port or an adapter, which can be costly.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Nov 25 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

QUOTE (JonnyCanonFodder @ Nov 25 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Plasmas generally have a higher contrast ratio, deep black rendering, more colour depth, and better response time which leads to more accurate motion tracking. LCDs tend to perform better in brighter light conditions due to the screens having less of a sheen

Some of this I knew, but I didn't know plasma has a faster response time. I used to think LCD is faster because LCD TV's are recommended if you play alot of console games, plasma if you watch alot of movies.

And the brightness, I had a feeling LCD performed better there but I wasn't sure.
Now there's LCD with LED, I guess they're even brighter.

This post has been edited by demon: Nov 25 2010, 05:07 PM

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 02:44 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4