> The Walking Dead, TV Series
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 13 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #21

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

I kind of agree with your post - even though I enjoyed the last episode (at least more than the last two):

QUOTE (Severus Snape @ Dec 13 2010, 12:03 PM) *
2. I did like the opening sequence, seeing the military paratroopers opening fire in the hospital and just wasting everything that moved. That was the best opening sequence in the year so far. What I didn't like was that Shane wanted to take Rick but couldn't because of the machines, and then when the power went out he tried to listen for a heartbeat and couldn't hear one, thinking Rick was dead. Really? If Rick was dead, then how the hell did he wake up? When did his body decide to get its heartbeat back? I think Shane should have lifted him out of there anyhow, if for no other reason than to prevent him from getting snacked on.

I still think the best opening sequence was in the first episode. Certainly the most shocking. But this was definitely better than the two sisters sitting in the damn boat getting all sobby. Anyway, I guess I didn't realize the power had gone out - must have missed that. I thought he was just checking for a heartbeat to see if Rick was still alive. It makes since that he didn't try and drag a 175 lb (or so) man out of a hostile situation where speed and ability to handle a weapon were almost a necessity. He does barricade the door, which is one of the things about the first episode I didn't get. I may have even complained about it in this thread for the first episode. This intro really brought the first episode together. Probably going to rewatch the series with the Mrs. over the next week or two.

4. Still not sure why the black girl decided to stay behind and get incinerated. I like that Jenner did - he's a useless fuck anyhow. But why the black girl? What the fuck is going on there? And what was up with Andrea wanting to die too? I know she loved her sister, but I didn't realize it was some form of sick, incest "You're my sister but I really love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you" kind of love. Sheesh.

Not sure why she stayed either. Was she T-dog's wife? Or just a sistah from another mistah? I think at that point they had all just given up. Jenner brought up a good point that their was no hope and that dying instantly would be less painful than getting bitten (or ripped apart) and reanimating into a zombie. That's a classic choice in any zombie movie. Someone always kills themselves when faced with instant death or becoming one of the living dead. I think after having to put a bullet through her sister's head, she knew she didn't want to be a zombie - or have someone else kill her when she became one. I guess when you kill someone who you love as a mercy killing to prevent them from eternal damnation as a flesh eater, you want that same mercy yourself. I dunno.

5. On their way out of the CDC building, after the big explosion, they walk through a field/parking lot filled with military equipment, bunkers, and potentially weapons and supplies. And they don't stop to investigate, even after killing the zombies? What...a waste. Perfectly good weapons and equipment, not to mention fuel and vehicles, and they just hop back in the RV and take off. None of those people deserve to live after passing up a great scavenging possibility.
That has actually bothered me the entire series. In the first/second episode where Rick is in the tank - I don't know how to drive a tank. But in the middle of a goddamn zombie apocalypse, I'd give it a shot.

But yeah, I would be pulling every M-16 and ammo off of every body there was - even zombies. This show needs more scavenging.

Perhaps the writers should spend a month playing Fallout. Even the goddamn Feral Ghouls have items/ammo to be scavenged.

6. 30 seconds of zombies in a 60 minute zombie show = a travesty. Completely pointless to even have them at the end, based on the episode itself. Great at the beginning, and I thought it would lead up to something big during the episode. What...a letdown. Why even have them at the end when they weren't present at all during the rest of the episode (save for the beginning). I know you can't have them in every scene, but you should have them in more than 2 scenes. Sheesh.

Yeah, I mentioned this too. It's a dumb argument, but the show isn't a ZOMBIE show. The title "The Walking Dead" refers to the survivors, not the zombies themselves. It's all about the characters - which have been pretty weak thus far, aside from Rick, Glen and a few others. I wish the show hadn't wasted so much time the last few episodes trying to build up the characters (especially ones that were killed off moments after getting their facetime) and focused more on the zombies themselves. The last couple episodes have been hella weak when it comes to zombie face time.

All in all, a disappointing episode, and a stupid way to end the season. I guess I have to wait until the next season to see if they keep spiraling downward or if they will do something to get this back on track.

Again, like I said. They ran out of time to tell any kind of interesting storyline in the six shows they got. They started out strong and realized they really couldn't take the series much farther than they did on the allotted time schedule. I think next season will be great. If anything, these shittier episodes will gauge the fan's reactions and they'll realize they need to make the show better next season.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fido 15
post Dec 14 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #22

Litterer

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,110

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Dec 14 2010, 01:08 PM
Post #23

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Hmm, I never watched Lost, but now I feel like I did.
Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 01:36 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4