Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Resolution Problems
Frandude
post Oct 24 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Upstanding Citizen

Group: New Members
Member No.: 59,509

I recently decided to try out GTA: SA, so I went out and got it. I was having quite a good time when I decided that I could be having an even better time if my resolution were higher. I tried turning it up to what my computer was nagging me to turn it up to, which I thought was too big. Of course, it was. However, I forgot what the default resolution was, and I didn't even think of just clicking 'restore to default', so I accidentally set it to something extremely low. My computer hated that, and decided not to show the screen at all just in spite. So there I was, sitting in from of a blank screen that said something along the lines of "Not in range", and I was freaked out. So I ctrl-alt-deleted my way out and tried everything I could think of to get rid of that black screen, but nothing worked, it was always out of range. I tried everything from trying to run it in windowed mode (which didn't work) to reinstalling the game.

Long story short, this game is stuck on a resolution that's too small for my screen to detect.

And that is why I come here, to see if there's anything I can do to salvage this. I fear I may never be able to use this program again. Honestly, I've even tried looking for a registry key that would help, I thought of everything. Anyway, thanks in advance. I'd love to be able to play this game, it looks wonderful.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 09:45 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4