post Feb 24 2011, 07:59 AM
Post #601

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

money is no option in new vegas... i could care less about that, i am more concerned about missing out on a unique item...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 24 2011, 08:01 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 24 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #602

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 14

not a lot there...

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Feb 24 2011, 04:32 PM
Post #603

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,395
XBL Gamertag: synchronizer
PSN Name: alpha male
Xfire Identity: XFire it up

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 23 2011, 11:59 PM) *
money is no option in new vegas... i could care less about that, i am more concerned about missing out on a unique item...

Yes there is a lot there.
The "money" in the end, IS the unique item. (Vault)
Not chips, caps, or pre-war money...something else.

The armor and weapons you shouldn't need a guide for, all quite easy to find.
Also get those crafting recipes before leaving.
You will be able to make the awesome knives back home in the wasteland.
Reading the history of the Madre is also a mini-quest. There's notes on terminals
in most of the kitchens that explain the awesomeness of the cosmic knives.
Collect all the SM Cards, Dean's Stashes, etc etc.
Also there is one room near the tower with a cache of like 850 chips in one drawer.

@Massacre: Thanks for the head's up on Steam, and yep I remembered you can still use
the vendortron in the bunker afterwards. Also any of the cabinets/night stands in Vera's room
can reset, I lost a lot of junk there, but the other stash points worked fine after doing it again.

--------------------
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 18 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Apparently, Synch does acid rather than smoking weed...
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 6 2009, 12:05 PM) *
synch is a fucking walking fallout 3 wikipedia lol...
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 24 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #604

does the vendor sell cosmetic knives with a holotape? i made a clean one and i see there's a flaming one... i'll try to collect the holotapes and read the terminals and learn the recipes... but i know i'll miss some because it's easy to miss something in fallout... so many times i clear a room, only to turn around and realize i missed a container underneath a desk, or something lying on the ground...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 24 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #605

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

Does Jury Rigging affect cosmic knives? I don't remember. Either way stock up on as many cosmic knives as possible before you leave the Sierra Madre. Even if you don't need cosmic knives to repair crafted items or ever use the things again, they're still great decor for your safehouses.

And I don't think you can buy the cosmic knives.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 24 2011, 07:22 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Feb 24 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #606

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 24 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Does Jury Rigging affect cosmic knives? I don't remember. Either way stock up on as many cosmic knives as possible before you leave the Sierra Madre. Even if you don't need cosmic knives to repair crafted items or ever use the things again, they're still great decor for your safehouses.

And I don't think you can buy the cosmic knives.

Can't buy them. Don't remember about them being a component,
unless it was interchangeable with the spears.....

They are just awesome weapons, all 3 variants. Super-heated, clean, or normal.
Don't recall their damage but on my last character they were high DAM/DPS,
and my current character has even higher melee and un-armed skills.

Anything necessary to make them can be found in the wasteland except the base cosmic knife itself.
(For some reason on my new game I have the recipes already, when going to the campfires)

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Feb 24 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #607

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I've just got back into New Vagas. I hadn't played it much since release. I might play it through fully before i get the DLC i think.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #608

yea, you'll want to be well past level 20 too before you check out the DLC... it's tough, in a very survivalist kind of way... supplies are low starting out and i am assuming they stay pretty low throughout... and don't forget to at least invest in melee or unarmed skills too... the CQC in new vegas is simply the best way to fight...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 25 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #609

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Gun are useless until you run into a radio. Dead Money was made for melee characters.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2011, 01:17 AM
Post #610

i was actually just mentioning melee and unarmed for the mojave... CQC is the way to go in the wasteland too...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 25 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #611

Group Icon

if your not an unarme character(me) you'll fiind that most of the time your best option is to run and getback to the relative saftey of the center fountain.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 25 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #612

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I found a V.A.T.S. headshot with the police pistol followed up with a few bear trap fist hits made short work of most Ghost People for my gun user, until I got the super-heated cosmic knife schematics. My melee character is doing it with just a clean cosmic knife, and spears when I don't feel like sneaking up to melee range.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #613

i can't find a good strategy for my guns character... i am using the police pistol a lot but, i am running low on ammo now and have yet to find the holotape that sells .357 ammo at the vendors... the auto rifle aim sucks and i can actually get better percentages in VATS with the pistol over the rifle... and where the fuck is a shotgun at?!

i am using the throwing spears more often but, those are only effective for me when i can use them on an unsuspecting ghost person... and the bearclaw just isn't all that effective for me since it requires me to get all up in their faces, which still takes quite a few swipes with to kill someone, all the while they are swiping at me, killing my health and forcing me to use my already low supply of stimpaks...

and how come when you complete an objective or quest, all the enemies in the area either respawn, or new enemies just enter the area?? i can't fast-travel, sleep in any bed, and i constantly get lost and find myself wandering into new houses to loot... but the problem is, i am constantly going over my capacity because there's too much stuff i want to take with me that i don't want to lose... i've sprinkled some stuff around the fountain because that seems to be the only safe haven in the game and i don't think my companions standing out there will take the weapons... and i have no clue if any of the containers are safe...

i honestly have no clue how i will manage my weight once i get into the casino... and for some reason it is taking a long time to accomplish anything in this DLC... i just now dropped god off at his post for the gala event and picked up domino to take him to his... and i've been playing this DLC for like 8 hours now... it feels like i am just now nearing the half-way point too... when will it end?! (wait, don't answer that)

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 25 2011, 05:14 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 25 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #614

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The .357 and .308 holotapes are in the police station, and there are at least three shotguns in the residential district (where you meet Dean), but they're in shotgun traps right inside of the rooms and need to be disarmed.

The garbage can by the exit worked for me, but I don't know if it's safe to use on the PS3 version. Just leave some junk items in the garbage cans around the fountains and see if the containers reset.

And like I said before, the beds in the police station work, you just need to clear out the Ghost People that spawn in there.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 25 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #615

i told you, when i disabled the shotgun traps, i never got a shotgun placed in my inventory... if those were the only places to get a shotgun then, obsidian missed a MAJOR bug... this is the only file that would have any use whatsoever with a shotgun and for some reason i never got one... that's fucked up...

EDIT: what's the point of using the police station to sleep when you'll probably use a few stimpaks on your way to the bed because you can't fast-travel at all, which means i'll have to navigate through more hordes of enemies... that's the only reason why i want to use a bed, so i don't have to use stimpaks all the time...

this DLC is seriously flawed... and it's starting to turn me off... shame too, the story and characters are a riot but, the gameplay and layout are shitty... i'll force myself through it but, i am starting to not like it... maybe when i get into the casino i'll change my tune, or voice my dislike louder... but so far, i give it a "meh"...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Feb 25 2011, 08:57 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Feb 25 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #616

Group Icon

I think your missing the point of the DLC. You don't have to nor are you supposed to take everything. This DLC is about scrounging for everything you get, picking carefully what you will carry, ect. Also, your don't jave to nor are you supposed to kill everything you see. You wouldn't IRL and you shouldn't here. Avoidance is your best option. Once you get to the ending of the game it will become clear, you its filled with loot but you can only take just a small amount. You can never have it all.

This post has been edited by Qdeathstar: Feb 25 2011, 11:08 PM

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 25 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #617

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 25 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Also, your don't have to nor are you supposed to kill everything you see. You wouldn't IRL and you shouldn't here.

*Frowns, puts machete away*

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Feb 26 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #618

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 25 2011, 06:07 PM) *
I think your missing the point of the DLC. You don't have to nor are you supposed to take everything. This DLC is about scrounging for everything you get, picking carefully what you will carry, ect. Also, your don't jave to nor are you supposed to kill everything you see. You wouldn't IRL and you shouldn't here. Avoidance is your best option. Once you get to the ending of the game it will become clear, you its filled with loot but you can only take just a small amount. You can never have it all.

i see what you mean... however, i always fear stepping around enemies because, chances are, i end up tipping them off on my location anyways and next thing i know, the ones i passed on are now in my face... and this DLC, it's got some sneaky enemies... sure you can hear them but, sometimes out of blue, one walks passed a narrow alley and spots me... a lot of them are stationary enemies but, there are the seekers types out there...

i'll take this advice and "try" to avoid the ones i can... i rarely every do that unless i am out exploring and don't feel like going that direction... if i am in a confined place like an interior or narrow alleys, i ALWAYS kill... which just might be what my problem is... but, then i miss out on all the LOOT... fuck, i am a kleptomaniac in fallout...

another problem i have is if i see an open door or hole in the wall (don't say it), i have to find a way in there... even if it means taking on an army because i HAVE TO SEE what's in there, even if all it is is a metal box and a stove...

*slowly puts machete away... for now, but keeps hand on the handle*

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 26 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #619

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 25 2011, 07:18 PM) *
another problem i have is if i see an open door or hole in the wall

Score!

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 25 2011, 07:18 PM) *
(don't say it)

Shit...

*Puts pants back on*

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
§ynch
post Feb 26 2011, 12:36 AM
Post #620

Riff-Raff
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 25 2011, 01:44 PM) *
i told you, when i disabled the shotgun traps, i never got a shotgun placed in my inventory... if those were the only places to get a shotgun then, obsidian missed a MAJOR bug... this is the only file that would have any use whatsoever with a shotgun and for some reason i never got one... that's fucked up...

EDIT: what's the point of using the police station to sleep when you'll probably use a few stimpaks on your way to the bed because you can't fast-travel at all, which means i'll have to navigate through more hordes of enemies... that's the only reason why i want to use a bed, so i don't have to use stimpaks all the time...

this DLC is seriously flawed... and it's starting to turn me off... shame too, the story and characters are a riot but, the gameplay and layout are shitty... i'll force myself through it but, i am starting to not like it... maybe when i get into the casino i'll change my tune, or voice my dislike louder... but so far, i give it a "meh"...

Dude don't trip!

I don't get calling a game many of us have played through already, flawed because
you're either not exploring enough, or approaching it in a frustrated way. I rarely kill
Ghost people, I just knock them down, THEN dis-member them (kill) with the
various bear traps, knives, even sledge hammers. Once you explore to find all
the weapons and vendor tapes, etc, you will already be experienced to not even
need them. All of this early trauma you're putting yourself through, dude this
is NOTHING compared to the end. Just relax and learn all the stuff, you'll be in here
awhile so might as well get your mastery on. It's not flawed, it's difficult.

I creeped the entire place before doing anything major. Massacre gave me a
few tips such as QD just gave you, simple like don't save all that crap.

By the way, all the garbage cans work in the villa by the fountain. They work, stash if you want.

In the end, I am returning to that vault damn near weightless. Taking only what I know I need
and that is not much at all. Once you get inside the casino suites you will know that shit is
everywhere, but useless unless to sell to the vendortron for stimpacks. There is so much
food around, and by the way if you use sneak skills, you can sleep at the cop shop every night.
Sneak is VERY important as the hologuards get increasingly more intelligent. Even customized.
There is always a way to disarm them or shut them off up until the end.

I slept at the first police cell all the time. Just sneak back, from any section.
Also you need to FULLY explore every little item in that police station first. Same with med center.
I went straight for the basement of the med center and glad I did.

It may not seem like fun for you - but for me, exploration and survival are always better than the story.
IE; The journey if better than the reason.

I didn't like this main story but I did really like the female character's story.
Hope the other DLC's are better for you - hate reading you trip out and I'm sure we
would all rather give you the answers than see you hate the game we know you love.
[That's a bro giving you a compliment so don't thrash me dude!] laugh.gif

This post has been edited by §ynch: Feb 26 2011, 12:37 AM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 11:27 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4