Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

Sweden went to election last Sunday, the result:

The Alliance (Centre-Right) - 49,3 % - 173 seats
The Red Green Coalition (Centre-Green-Left) - 43,6 % - 156 seats
The Sweden Democrats (Nationalist) - 5,7 % - 20 seats

1. The Centre-Right already ruling government won, this is the first time since the right to vote was introduced in Sweden.

2. The Social Democrats that have ruled almost uninterruptedly for nearly a hundred years got their worst result in nearly a hundred years (30.6 %). Social Democracy seems to be on its way down in Sweden, as it's been in the rest of the world.

3. An extremely nationalist party (and also racist), The Sweden Democrats entered the parliament. Once before has a party hostile towards foreigners been in the parliament (1991-94), New Democracy, but SD is more well organized and more outspokenly racist.

4. The Alliance didn't get the majority of the seats which means that there will probably be parliamentary chaos since no one wants to co-operate with the Sweden Democrats. The situation is probable to be very unstable and there won't be any balance.

Any thoughts on this developement?

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SirPsychoSexy
post Oct 13 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

1. The people still make up the party, and if their intentions are different from what they actually say, which wouldn't surprise me if it was the case, that's a huge problem.

2. Well, the problem is that they've just stolen policies and such because they have nothing to come with except their views on immigration, but to be taken seriously they have to have policies in other issues as well. They're a populist party and have chosen policies that seem most popular.

3. That is a myth. It's a vulnerable situation to come as an immigrant, but the problems don't come with the fact that you're an immigrant but with social status. Integration is the key, which means effort from both immigrants and "natives".

4. That, as I see it, makes you a racist and an idiot. We need immigration for growth, without it we'd get recession in large scale, that's a largely accepted economical fact for western societies. It's purely racist to deny only muslims visas, if you agree with that, I can only say you're a racist.

5. That is ridiculous. How is islam a threat to our societies? Fact is Sweden and Norway as well, I think, are secular states. Christianity and Islam are quite similar religions if you look closely, very closely related, almost the same infact. Values in our societies today aren't taken from religion but from humanism. Being secular and based on humanist values, religion of the citizens really shouldn't matter too much.

And I love Sweden as well. The problem is that the integration politic hasn't been very good, so fact is that the past decade(s) we haven't been able to deal with immigration. That is the reason why SD gained so many votes and is, in my opinion, their only point (that the integration politics isn't working). But the it's important to see that it's not the immigrants nor immigration that is the problem, but the tactics of integration, integration is what has to work. SD doesn't want to integrate, they want to assimilate, which pretty much means for all immigrants to abandon their religion, cultural heiritige and identities.

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:01 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4