Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,224

Sweden went to election last Sunday, the result:

The Alliance (Centre-Right) - 49,3 % - 173 seats
The Red Green Coalition (Centre-Green-Left) - 43,6 % - 156 seats
The Sweden Democrats (Nationalist) - 5,7 % - 20 seats

1. The Centre-Right already ruling government won, this is the first time since the right to vote was introduced in Sweden.

2. The Social Democrats that have ruled almost uninterruptedly for nearly a hundred years got their worst result in nearly a hundred years (30.6 %). Social Democracy seems to be on its way down in Sweden, as it's been in the rest of the world.

3. An extremely nationalist party (and also racist), The Sweden Democrats entered the parliament. Once before has a party hostile towards foreigners been in the parliament (1991-94), New Democracy, but SD is more well organized and more outspokenly racist.

4. The Alliance didn't get the majority of the seats which means that there will probably be parliamentary chaos since no one wants to co-operate with the Sweden Democrats. The situation is probable to be very unstable and there won't be any balance.

Any thoughts on this developement?

--------------------
Even the doorbell knows how smart I am, cool house man!
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
demon
post Oct 12 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #2

Capo

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,672

1. I didn't know that. But I like to see them as what they are now, not what they used to be. Perhaps they are bad characters but I look at the politics, not the characters. In both our contries, we vote for parties, not persons.

2. I know immigration is their one big issue, but in the test I took I had other "heart issues" like transportation and petrol taxes and still I got the result I got. SD must be allowed to borrow issues from other parties, we can't demand them have everything unique.
The singing sounds bad, I wonder if I heard about it one time but I've forgot.

3. Immigrants as a group does bring with them problems. But immigrants are not a race and are you sure you can compare SD to Hitler?

4. That's not a problem. I support SD there.

5. I guess terror is the biggest threat and Islam the second biggest. So he's wrong but not by much.

By the way, I love Sweden. But I really didn't like how Sweden dealt with SD. How can you deal with immigrants if you can't even deal with a political party?

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 08:31 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4