> Dead Rising 2: The Official Topic AND Case 0
PabloHoneyOle
post Aug 30 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #1

Boss
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 40,397

Another Xbox exclusive, but if you played the first Dead Rising - the sequel is less than a month away. Tomorrow, there is a demo of sorts being released, it's actually a prequel to the sequel, taking place between the first two games. There are achievements tied to the game and your progress in the game carries over to the actual game via save file. Pretty ingenious.

Plus, ZOMBIES! Picking this up tomorrow, even though I won't get the sequel until sometime late this year or early next year. Still have to beat the first one!

Here's the trailer:

This post has been edited by Stoic Person Eater: Sep 30 2010, 12:22 PM
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 30 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, it looks fun but, it's a rental fo sho so, i'll get to it when i get to it... i like the weapon building aspects though... ingenious...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 31 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

I'm a sucker for Zombie games, but they never seem as fun as they should. I'll most likely rent Dead Rising 2, but the first one was very Eastern, it felt like a Japanese game too much.

One game i would have liked on PS3 was Left 4 Dead, that shit looked epic!

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 29 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #4

stoic, you can just change this topic to the official dead rising 2 topic... i rented this yesterday...

i played this for a few hours last night... and only about 2 hours of progress was saved... i don't like the save system of having to locate a restroom to save... i could die on the way there, like last night... basically, your going to have to save and save OFTEN... like every time you are kind of near a bathroom, go save... if you saved someone, save... if you made some weapons, SAVE... save save save... otherwise your going to run into the problem i had last night of doing a couple things, then going on a zombie killing spree and dying... then realizing that i never saved... it really dampens the mood when i have to re-do a bunch of stuff...

gameplay is fun though... it's fun just weaving in and out of zombie hordes... the zombies may be there for you to attack but, you'll quickly learn that stopping to kill some zombies usually means your giving the other zombies a chance to join the party... i was trying to help this lady out and every time i killed a few zombies, there were a few more within striking distance... suddenly i am surrounded by zombies and low on weapons... ohh yea, there's another reason why hacking your way through hordes of zombies isn't always a good thing; weapons deteriorate after each use... your only have so many weapon slots as well, and you might want to use one or two of them for health items just in case you find yourself low on health and surrounded by zombies...

the weapons are for the most part, fun and easy to use... swinging a baseball bat with nails all over it is a really nice room/path clearing weapon... i constructed a pail with a drill and created some kind of deadly helmet i can put zombies... but, it can only used on one zombie and you have to pick it up again...i'm not really seeing the benefits of that weapon... but holy crap, i am making those baseball bats a lot... i can't wait to unlock new weapons to craft...

wander into a clothing store and chances are there's something to wear... at one point my guy was wearing a dust mask, a women's bonnet, flip flops, and some kind of hillbilly white trash slutty outfit (tied flannel and cut-off denims)... it was hilarious to watch a serious cutscene with my characters kid, wearing all of that laugh.gif... i found some suits and stuff but, it's hard to stick with one outfit... once you enter a store, you want to try out the new stuff... i was wearing old-school pajamas at one point, lol, the ones with the flap in the back laugh.gif... there are some hilarious outfits in this game...

graphics are decent but, i don't ever expect high-quality graphics when it comes to open-world style games... especially ones that put literally hundreds of zombies on the screen at a time... even more in wide open locations... but, they are pretty decent graphics and the zombies are like, well, zombies... there are some LOL moments though like seeing a zombie janitor sluggishly pushing around a garbage container laugh.gif... or walking past a real person having a good 'ol time shootin' zombies... this game doesn't take itself too serious, except with the story... but the zombie mayhem has humor...

one thing that does grind my gears, besides the save system, is the dialog... when your talking to survivors, there's no voice dialog, it's all in text... sure they spit out a couple of one-liners but, if it's not a cutscene then your getting the dialog through text...

that's all i got for now... i'll have more to discuss when i play some more...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Sep 29 2010, 05:23 PM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 29 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

You found a gas mask yet? The combination of a gas mask and pinstripe suit is my trademark Warlord, Inc. CEO outfit.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 29 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #6

no gasmask yet but then again, i've only explored maybe 5-10% of the area... and i don't think i saw a pin-stripe suit but, there was a nice white suit and a tuxedo... i got a lot of exploring left to do but the only problem is, i am timed... i have 3 days to find the answers before the military comes in so, i don't really have a lot of time to mess around with...

and i have to find a thing of zombrex for my daughter to take every 24 hours... i have found ZERO since the initial first one you get by doing the story... i am a little worried that i won't find one in time to save my daughter... i don't even know where to look to find any either... i might have to look it up online... there's probably only a handful of them in the game so, it's probably rare to find one outside the story i would think...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 29 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #7

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

You can buy it from the looters, or whatever the merchants are called. I don't think you find any, but then I don't have the game.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 29 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #8

yea, there is a black market of sorts... but they are outrageously over-priced... and i've barely earned any money at all so, that option is not available to me... $1.5 million is a price tag i saw on one item... i don't even have $10,000...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Qdeathstar
post Sep 29 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #9

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

I played the demo.... seemd to have simular game mechanics to one of those older games like galactica or something with pretty much no other gameplay... just kill lots of enemies over and over again... :-/

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 30 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #10

i got this "state of emergency" vibe from it... but a much better game than state laugh.gif... but that gameplay of go here and kill people on the way... get there and kill more people on your way to here... at least this game distracts you with stuff on the side, like wandering into the outdoor sports store... i know there's one here somewhere in this "mall" like setting...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 30 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #11

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 29 2010, 01:23 PM) *
stoic, you can just change this topic to the official dead rising 2 topic... i rented this yesterday...

i played this for a few hours last night... and only about 2 hours of progress was saved... i don't like the save system of having to locate a restroom to save... i could die on the way there, like last night... basically, your going to have to save and save OFTEN... like every time you are kind of near a bathroom, go save... if you saved someone, save... if you made some weapons, SAVE... save save save... otherwise your going to run into the problem i had last night of doing a couple things, then going on a zombie killing spree and dying... then realizing that i never saved... it really dampens the mood when i have to re-do a bunch of stuff...

gameplay is fun though... it's fun just weaving in and out of zombie hordes... the zombies may be there for you to attack but, you'll quickly learn that stopping to kill some zombies usually means your giving the other zombies a chance to join the party... i was trying to help this lady out and every time i killed a few zombies, there were a few more within striking distance... suddenly i am surrounded by zombies and low on weapons... ohh yea, there's another reason why hacking your way through hordes of zombies isn't always a good thing; weapons deteriorate after each use... your only have so many weapon slots as well, and you might want to use one or two of them for health items just in case you find yourself low on health and surrounded by zombies...

the weapons are for the most part, fun and easy to use... swinging a baseball bat with nails all over it is a really nice room/path clearing weapon... i constructed a pail with a drill and created some kind of deadly helmet i can put zombies... but, it can only used on one zombie and you have to pick it up again...i'm not really seeing the benefits of that weapon... but holy crap, i am making those baseball bats a lot... i can't wait to unlock new weapons to craft...

wander into a clothing store and chances are there's something to wear... at one point my guy was wearing a dust mask, a women's bonnet, flip flops, and some kind of hillbilly white trash slutty outfit (tied flannel and cut-off denims)... it was hilarious to watch a serious cutscene with my characters kid, wearing all of that laugh.gif... i found some suits and stuff but, it's hard to stick with one outfit... once you enter a store, you want to try out the new stuff... i was wearing old-school pajamas at one point, lol, the ones with the flap in the back laugh.gif... there are some hilarious outfits in this game...

graphics are decent but, i don't ever expect high-quality graphics when it comes to open-world style games... especially ones that put literally hundreds of zombies on the screen at a time... even more in wide open locations... but, they are pretty decent graphics and the zombies are like, well, zombies... there are some LOL moments though like seeing a zombie janitor sluggishly pushing around a garbage container laugh.gif... or walking past a real person having a good 'ol time shootin' zombies... this game doesn't take itself too serious, except with the story... but the zombie mayhem has humor...

one thing that does grind my gears, besides the save system, is the dialog... when your talking to survivors, there's no voice dialog, it's all in text... sure they spit out a couple of one-liners but, if it's not a cutscene then your getting the dialog through text...

that's all i got for now... i'll have more to discuss when i play some more...

Aww, it's so cute to see you experiencing Dead Rising for the first time.

Supposedly the save system is better this time - there was only 1 save slot in the first game. It was all about survival - you'd have to choose between rescuing a survivor or saving yourself. I'm waiting on picking this up until I play through some more of my other games.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jáger
post Sep 30 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Do Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 58,774
PSN Name: TehLastGuardian

There are more save slots, yeah, but the system is still a bitch to use. You literally do have to save every time you do something, be it a big mission or little task, otherwise you risk having to do it all again. I've found myself repeating the same mission over and over again because I've completed it, not bothered saving then going on a zombie killing spree only to become their lunch. Capcom really should've added an autosave feature, which seems to be the norm for most games these days. Apart from that, there aren't any faults with the game.

As for costumes my Chuck is currently rocking a sunhat, glasses and a pinny - you really can't take it seriously when you see him dressed like that in an action cut-scene, haha.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 30 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #13

an autosave function would of been stellar biggrin.gif... i didn't get to play this yesterday but, i foresee several hours of gaming tonight...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jáger
post Sep 30 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #14

Do Boy
Group Icon

You on PSN or Xcocks with it, Bones? Could hit ya up for some co-op?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
PabloHoneyOle
post Sep 30 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #15

Boss
Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2010, 01:25 PM) *
an autosave function would of been stellar biggrin.gif... i didn't get to play this yesterday but, i foresee several hours of gaming tonight...

I heard there is also an autosave after you complete cases. That's huge. In the first game, you'd have to go to your mission, do it and then try and make it back to the safe room.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 30 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #16

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

There's co-op? Stoic, are you getting Undead Nightmare? If that has zombies in multiplayer, I'm also going to get this, and we will have undead multiplayer adventures together. For real, this time.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jáger
post Sep 30 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #17

Do Boy
Group Icon

It's right there on the main menu. Two players can play together, working through the hosts missions and saving/collecting money and weapons.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Sep 30 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #18

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yeah, but I don't have the game, so I wouldn't have seen the menu.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Sep 30 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Jaeger @ Sep 30 2010, 01:32 PM) *

PSN... add me, i'm artistadam... it might be too late in the evening for you on the other side of the pond but, if i catch you online in the next few days we'll team up...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Jáger
post Sep 30 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #20

Do Boy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 30 2010, 07:03 PM) *
Yeah, but I don't have the game, so I wouldn't have seen the menu.

Ah, fair enough, sowwi.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 30 2010, 07:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Jaeger @ Sep 30 2010, 01:32 PM) *

PSN... add me, i'm artistadam... it might be too late in the evening for you on the other side of the pond but, if i catch you online in the next few days we'll team up...

Good stuff, I'll add you when I'm on next.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 02:42 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4