post Aug 19 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #1

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

So, where will i start....

Basically, a bunch of hackers have found a way around the PS3's firmware protection and have created a mod-chip so you can play pirate games. This mod-chip is a USB device which doesn't need installing, which is great because you can go back to playing normal games online once you've taken it out!

What does it do?
It allows you to run ripped games which are on your hard-drive by using a disc as boot device. I'm not very good at explaining this so just watch it in action.

This is good if you have a large HDD in your PS3 obviously, because you can make the most of it.

Oh and also apparently it blocks Firmware updates whilst still being able to go Online, so you wouldn't have to worry about it not working one day when turning on your system!

I normally wouldn't consider going pirate, but this is pretty appetising don't you think?

Well it was until i saw the price tag of it...
http://www.ozmodchips.com/ps-jailbreak-wor...-play-p-68.html

$147.47 USD
94.51 GPB

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 19 2010, 04:37 PM

--------------------
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Qdeathstar
post Aug 20 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #2

My Penis, Your ass. Lets go.
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Jaeger @ Aug 20 2010, 09:08 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r)
That's true. If you did waste money on this. what if you took it out one day and accidentally except a firmware update... then your money is wasted.

The only way you could 'accidentally' accept a firmware update is if you have PS+ and have it automatically update/download while you sleep. If that's the case, just deactivate it. From then on, you'll be prompted to upgrade - just say no and proceed to boot from the USB pen. Pretty simple really.

I don't think its not possible to not update your system, but you can't play online without having the right system data.. so i doubt you can use this mod to play online with. Or if you can, it won't work with the next .01 update.

--------------------

Seether - Country Song
Download Now

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 26 2010, 04:28 PM) *
I've found it's impossible to be more human than human. Inhuman, however, is easy.

Achievements

+Quote Post
DuPz0r
post Aug 22 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Still Standing
Group Icon

Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Aug 21 2010, 12:15 AM) *
QUOTE (Jaeger @ Aug 20 2010, 09:08 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r)
That's true. If you did waste money on this. what if you took it out one day and accidentally except a firmware update... then your money is wasted.

The only way you could 'accidentally' accept a firmware update is if you have PS+ and have it automatically update/download while you sleep. If that's the case, just deactivate it. From then on, you'll be prompted to upgrade - just say no and proceed to boot from the USB pen. Pretty simple really.

I don't think its not possible to not update your system, but you can't play online without having the right system data.. so i doubt you can use this mod to play online with. Or if you can, it won't work with the next .01 update.

Maybe they used a similar hack to that of the PSP firmware hacks. Where you download the firmware update as normal, but the hacked one it the master firmware yet it emulates the official firmwares if that makes sense...

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 08:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4