IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> riches to rags?
post Aug 3 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,709

i know GTA is pretty much known for the whole "rags to riches" routine. but what about for the next GTA, u start out with riches and then go to rags and then have to work your way back up? i could just imagine the next protagonist living in one of those houses on Big Horn Drive in Alderney with the sports cars and what not. has millions of dollars, running some criminal syndicate of some kind and then, next thing you know, he's living in the kinda of apt Niko has on Mahesh and goes flat broke. i dont know, it just would seem like a change of setting, imo. i mean, with Niko, they really didnt follow the standard of setting when it comes to this. i read online that their goal for the storyline was for a "rags to better rags" kind of story and i think they made IV achieve that. but riches to rags is a concept i would like to see them do
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DuPz0r
post Aug 3 2010, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Still Standing
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 439
PSN Name: BushkaUK

QUOTE (gamingismylife @ Aug 3 2010, 04:45 PM) *
i know GTA is pretty much known for the whole "rags to riches" routine. but what about for the next GTA, u start out with riches and then go to rags and then have to work your way back up? i could just imagine the next protagonist living in one of those houses on Big Horn Drive in Alderney with the sports cars and what not. has millions of dollars, running some criminal syndicate of some kind and then, next thing you know, he's living in the kinda of apt Niko has on Mahesh and goes flat broke. i dont know, it just would seem like a change of setting, imo. i mean, with Niko, they really didnt follow the standard of setting when it comes to this. i read online that their goal for the storyline was for a "rags to better rags" kind of story and i think they made IV achieve that. but riches to rags is a concept i would like to see them do

Yeah it would be a good concept, but wouldn't what you described be riches to rags to riches again?

I think it would be cool start as a rich character, and maybe get double crossed or kidnapped and taken to a different city and you have to find connections to get back to your own city and gang etc... But i wouldn't like to go from a mansion in the start mission to a grotty flat that Niko has in the next... Would be the very opposite of rewarding.

This post has been edited by DuPz0r: Aug 3 2010, 05:04 PM

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
post Aug 3 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,709

hmm, touche'. it would just be starting at the top of the game, going to bottom, only to go back to the top... something to think about, though..
Achievements

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 06:10 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4