IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Congressman Ron Paul, Does anyone like any of his views?
GTA_SA
post Jan 11 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #41

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,338

Paul attracts many young people who hold liberal views, they may not agree with his anti abortion view. But people want some sort of change. He came second in New Hampshire.

--------------------
President lamar's attack on the cherokee Indian tribe in Texas in 1839 was a stupid mistake, but distrust and violence existed on both sides. Texans, Mexicans and Natives all competing for the land of Texas.

"in a state[Texas] noted for strength"~JFK

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 11 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #42

Capo

Member No.: 42,672

He is anti-abortion??????? This just gets stranger and stranger. If he is liberal enough to accept same sex marriage then how in the world can he be too conservative for abortion, or anything else for that matter.

I have a question for whoever can answer it. I don't know how the republicans determine the winner at the end of the road. Romney won Iowa with just a handful votes (8?), would his victory have counted more if he had won a huge victory? Do they count how many states a candidate won, or number of total votes or what?

--------------------
The new GTA 5 website. GTA 5 forums.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:37 AM) *

That's for you ^
Use it in your sig or avatar because you are very special.

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jan 12 2012, 01:00 AM
Post #43

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 11 2012, 08:26 AM) *
It was an expression of shock, not a counterpoint. Thanks to your language I understood that any counterpoint would be a waste of my time.

There's no counterpoint to be made, anyway. There is no reason for same-sex marriage to be against the law anywhere in the world.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Jan 13 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #44

Capo

QUOTE (demon @ Jan 11 2012, 11:06 PM) *
I have a question for whoever can answer it. I don't know how the republicans determine the winner at the end of the road. Romney won Iowa with just a handful votes (8?), would his victory have counted more if he had won a huge victory? Do they count how many states a candidate won, or number of total votes or what?

I found out how they pick the winner, a newspaper explained it. The system is a mess, different rules in different states. Crazy. I'm sure many Americans - even republicans - don't understand the system completely.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Feb 20 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #45

Pickpocket

Mr Paul hasn't made front runner yet...people don't seem to moving over to his support. There is still time, but it will have to happen soon enough.

--------------------
President lamar's attack on the cherokee Indian tribe in Texas in 1839 was a stupid mistake, but distrust and violence existed on both sides. Texans, Mexicans and Natives all competing for the land of Texas.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 21 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #46

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

People are leaning towards Newt Gingrich. Shit, even Santorum's starting to gain support, which is sickening. Ron Paul isn't going to be president, America is fucked.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 25 2012, 01:04 AM
Post #47

Capo

QUOTE (GTA_SA @ Feb 20 2012, 03:18 PM) *
Mr Paul hasn't made front runner yet...people don't seem to moving over to his support. There is still time, but it will have to happen soon enough.

Mr Paul isn't mentioned in the news any more so I guess he's done.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 21 2012, 01:54 AM) *
People are leaning towards Newt Gingrich. Shit, even Santorum's starting to gain support, which is sickening. Ron Paul isn't going to be president, America is fucked.

They are all in the same party, it can't be that bad?
Why is Santorum sickening? I don't know anything. I know a little about Paul and Romney, and that Gingrich is into adultery. That last part doesn't sound good, especially in America.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 26 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #48

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (demon @ Feb 24 2012, 08:04 PM) *
They are all in the same party, it can't be that bad?

All Republicans share a few basic beliefs, but they all have different stances on other issues, and it's the differing opinions that matter. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, and that's what made him such a great candidate. He only joined the Republican Party because a third party candidate is never going to get elected, because Americans are stupid and can only make an A or B choice.

As for Santorum, he's pro-religion, anti-abortion, and anti-gay marriage, to the point that it's just illogical and offensive. He compared same-sex marriage to pedophilia and bestiality, for fuck's sake. He's also strictly anti-Libertarian and anti-right-to-privacy. He shouldn't even be a Senator, let alone President, and if he were President, I'd be living in the UK. He is the absolute worst candidate I have ever seen. He is the scum of the earth.

This post has been edited by Massacre: Feb 26 2012, 01:02 AM

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 27 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #49

Capo

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 26 2012, 01:59 AM) *
a third party candidate is never going to get elected, because Americans are stupid and can only make an A or B choice.

That's a bit funny. The problem in many European countries is too many parties making governments weak and unstable. But only two choices is only one more than dictatorship....

As for Santorum, he's pro-religion, anti-abortion, and anti-gay marriage, to the point that it's just illogical and offensive. He compared same-sex marriage to pedophilia and bestiality, for fuck's sake. He's also strictly anti-Libertarian and anti-right-to-privacy. He shouldn't even be a Senator, let alone President, and if he were President, I'd be living in the UK. He is the absolute worst candidate I have ever seen. He is the scum of the earth.

That "scum of the earth" isn't so bad. The only bad things there are anti-abortion and anti-right-to-privacy. He maybe supported PIPA and SOPA? That's bad, very bad indeed. But I do like the other stances you mentioned.

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 27 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #50

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 25 2012, 07:59 PM) *
He compared same-sex marriage to pedophilia and bestiality.

Your illogical anti-gay marriage stance aside, at least acknowledge how stupid and offensive that is. Do me this courtesy.

Also, to clarify one of my bullet points, by "pro-religion," I didn't mean that I am against religion, I'm actually indifferent to it until an extremist does something stupid, I mean that Santorum is religious to a fault. He bases his political stances on his misguided views of his faith, and one man's religion has no place in the government of a country with many religions. I forget what hateful offshoot of Christianity he follows, but he thinks his faith is the only one that matters, and people with beliefs like that should not have any kind of power.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
demon
post Feb 28 2012, 04:00 AM
Post #51

Capo

QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 28 2012, 12:33 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 25 2012, 07:59 PM) *
He compared same-sex marriage to pedophilia and bestiality.

Your illogical anti-gay marriage stance aside, at least acknowledge how stupid and offensive that is. Do me this courtesy.

If you compare homosexuality to pedophilia, you will see some differences. They are of course different, very very different. When someone is not heterosexual, they likely have one of the many other kind of sexualities. Some may turn pedo, some gay and even some are necrophiliac. Just to mention a few. It must be located in the brain somewhere, imagine some sort of "switch". If the "switch" is not in the optimal position (hetero), it is in one of the many other positions. Which one of the other positions is perhaps random. I don't think the distance from gay or hetero to pedo is far, though they are very very different conditions.

I don't know what Santorum said when he compared it, but I doubt he wants to outlaw homosexuality.... He just wants to outlaw same sex marriage. You can disagree on it, but it is a valid stance and it's not morally wrong to have this stance.

Also, to clarify one of my bullet points, by "pro-religion," I didn't mean that I am against religion, I'm actually indifferent to it until an extremist does something stupid, I mean that Santorum is religious to a fault. He bases his political stances on his misguided views of his faith, and one man's religion has no place in the government of a country with many religions. I forget what hateful offshoot of Christianity he follows, but he thinks his faith is the only one that matters, and people with beliefs like that should not have any kind of power.

If he is Jehovas Witnesses, roast him. Amish is bad too, but he is clearly not Amish because he dress normal. Then there are Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, and that gang who calls themselves something like "Christ church of latter days ..." or something. All these groups are more or less normal, maybe a little fanatic but not extremely.

I'm extremely tired, I'll come back another time and see if I forgot to address something.

This post has been edited by demon: Mar 3 2012, 03:07 AM

--------------------

That's for you ^

QUOTE (TF)
for being a little bitch
Edited by TF.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post May 23 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #52

Pickpocket

Paul is still going to the convention, but he hasn't made an impact across the union. There is chatter of his son giving it ago years from now.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 11:45 PM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4