IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Congressman Ron Paul, Does anyone like any of his views?
GTA_SA
post Jul 30 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Pickpocket

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,338

Hi there

For anyone who knows about Ron paul, the congressman from Texas who is a Republican, well a libertarian.

As anyone who is American, do you like any of Ron's Ideas?

I think some step back in foreign policy is defiantely a good idea, I'm notsure if a lot of what he says may be realistic.

He did mention that if Texas wanted to leave the union as a majority, he would support it.

I personally believe America will be a little smaller at some point in it's future. It makes sense, borders are redrawn eventually, history shows that.

--------------------
President lamar's attack on the cherokee Indian tribe in Texas in 1839 was a stupid mistake, but distrust and violence existed on both sides. Texans, Mexicans and Natives all competing for the land of Texas.

"in a state[Texas] noted for strength"~JFK

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 30 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #2

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

i voted for him last election... his views are pretty close to my own views...

the reason why america is in such a huge hole financially is beceause we keep loaning money we don't even have to foreign countries... i agree in that we need to step back from the world spotlight until we can fix our own issues... even if it means losing our "supposed" top spot in the world... being on top with mammoth problems only highlights our shortcomings anyways...

so that, and various other topics we agree on... he was the voice of the people but, the people decided to choose the idiot that's now in office... seriously, i don't think this country even cares bout the issues anymore... the election plays out like american idol... it's all a show and the people bought into it... ron paul is not a flashy character because, politics should not be flashy anyways...

this may sound strange but, i kind of miss G-dub...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Jul 30 2010, 02:18 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Jul 30 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #3

Pickpocket

One of the problems America does face is crude oil decline.

So it's position internationally is an irrational one, and concern is about maintaining dominance over various energy rich areas of the planet.

The saying is, you can't raise a problem in a country that matters, and not have a solution.

--------------------
President lamar's attack on the cherokee Indian tribe in Texas in 1839 was a stupid mistake, but distrust and violence existed on both sides. Texans, Mexicans and Natives all competing for the land of Texas.

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 30 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #4

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 30 2010, 10:18 AM) *
seriously, i don't think this country even cares bout the issues anymore... the election plays out like american idol... it's all a show and the people bought into it...

Exactly. I guarantee that most of the people who voted for Obama only voted for him because he was black.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 30 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #5

he's got a way with words too... he might be one of the best speakers i've heard in politics in some time... but, words don't mean shit if there's no value to them...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Aug 1 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #6

Pickpocket

Well Barack has failed to stand up for parts of the constitution, after all he is the protector.

Do the young people not care enough to try and do something, or is it a no hope option. mellow.gif

And also I suppose people don't have a lot of time.

Another 1.5 million people are going to be on the streets in the American union of states over the next two years.

Well, the collapsing empire. doh (12).gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 3 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #7

Clepto

Member No.: 908
XBL Gamertag: IanCredible988

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 30 2010, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 30 2010, 10:18 AM) *
seriously, i don't think this country even cares bout the issues anymore... the election plays out like american idol... it's all a show and the people bought into it...

Exactly. I guarantee that most of the people who voted for Obama only voted for him because he was black.

Exactly. Ive seen far too many "thugs" on facebook on their political views saying "OBAMA"
Not Liberal, not Conservative, Republican or Democrat....OBAMA.

Then there was the T-Shirt "My President is Black"

Guess what? Thanks to you voting solely on race, so is mine.
I absolutely hate it.
Those are the same people who, if you say anything bad about Obama, automatically pull the race card. "Man you racist"

In retrospect, I should have voted Ron Paul, and if he decides to run again, I will vote for him. I voted for McCain, I think I'm done with the whole Republican/Democrat shit.

The only reason those people get voted in is because they tell people what they want to hear, about what they're going to do about certain issues. For example gun control, abortion and the like...how many presidents have said stuff about that and ever done anything?
In respect to gun control as far as I know, seeing as its in the constitution, we as citizens have the right to bear arms. I do not think they would take that away without retaliation from the people...that is, if the people could pull their heads out of their own asses...and the asses of these stupid fucking celebrities.
Don't get me started on that, I went off topic already.
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Aug 5 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Pickpocket

In theory I like the law of weapon ownership.

But in practice, I don't go for it. wink.gif

If a president fails to stand up for the people's rights, and the federal document he is failing to do his job. Even though the leader is an executive one with power of legislation and domestic and foreign policy related powers. Though the congress is suppose to handle part of that.

Declaration of war is out of date and has been since the last time it would of been considered in 1964. But it some modified way it should be reused.

In the end, if the worst happens in future, some states will have to pressure the Federal gov, or else just consider leaving the union.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 6 2010, 03:56 AM
Post #9

Clepto

QUOTE (GTA_SA @ Aug 5 2010, 10:32 AM) *
In theory I like the law of weapon ownership.

But in practice, I don't go for it. wink.gif

The way I look at it, you take guns away from the citizens or whatever the scenario, limit them or whatever; criminals will still have guns.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 6 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #10

taking guns away from the citizens gives the gov't the ability to control us... period... don't ever believe that no guns means less crime... if all the guns were destroyed today, the bow and arrow would replace it and gangs in compton will be doing drive-by arrowin'...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 6 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #11

Clepto

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 6 2010, 10:27 AM) *
gangs in compton will be doing drive-by arrowin'...

So much less intimidating...hahaha
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Aug 7 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #12

Pickpocket

You guys have a point, but since I have grown up culturally with a law like that, it doesn't sit well. Yes, my freedom is denied to be able to protect myself, even if I did like weapons.

But in the end, i don't even have freedom here, at least in the states, each state has a constitution, and then the federal constitution.

I live in a corrupt kingdom, and I can only wait and see when a republic will be established. I would support an independent England. But that is a long way off. It wouldn't practical, since the other countries don't want indepedence. And even to go the full mile for a republican government, the Queen would have to be removed by the four other countries who have the British monarch as their representatives.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
TwoFacedTanner
post Aug 8 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #13

Clepto

QUOTE (GTA_SA @ Aug 7 2010, 08:01 AM) *
You guys have a point, but since I have grown up culturally with a law like that, it doesn't sit well. Yes, my freedom is denied to be able to protect myself, even if I did like weapons.

But in the end, i don't even have freedom here, at least in the states, each state has a constitution, and then the federal constitution.

I live in a corrupt kingdom, and I can only wait and see when a republic will be established. I would support an independent England. But that is a long way off. It wouldn't practical, since the other countries don't want indepedence. And even to go the full mile for a republican government, the Queen would have to be removed by the four other countries who have the British monarch as their representatives.

What about Northern Ireland?
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Aug 8 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #14

Pickpocket

What about it? Well I suppose it is two choice, the Ulster nationalists live within their own nation as Six counties, that including the Irish minority. Or the north east of Ulster joins the rest of Ireland.

I don't quite see what else is the solution, the west of Ulster is part of the country, plus some natural gas is located off the coast there.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
trathen93
post Aug 13 2010, 08:11 PM
Post #15

LFC

Member No.: 39,835
PSN Name: trathen

seeing that we're discussing politics and this has managed to sway towards the uk, how about I throw david cameron into the mix.

It seems to me that the only reason people voted for him is because they dont like gordon brown. Now if im honest, brown isnt the best politician ever but he inherited a major shit storm from tony blair. it was just waiting to go off in his face and fuck the whole labour party up.

I know acknowledge that someone is going to mention nick clegg, but the whole lib dem setup doesnt really appeal, I know that people agreed with him after one of the tv debates but its just too central. they've shown this by seriously considering either becoming labours bitch or conservatives bitch after the votes were so close. (i now see hes getting it regularly of cameron)

My views are a bit biased, I dont like david cameron at all, hes a stuck up smarmy prick. but its the fact that he really didnt win the election as such that annoys me.

Just watch him fuck the country up.

Edit: read it over and realised all i done was ramble on, but you get the idea

This post has been edited by El-Nino: Aug 13 2010, 08:13 PM

--------------------

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Aug 18 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #16

Pickpocket

Only English independence can bring about a new direction for England itself. Many English MP's need to realise that, they need to restore the parliament, restore the flag, by law if need be.

It can be only be that way a better future. wink.gif One can hope only, though that is a dangerous word too.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Damian
post Aug 29 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #17

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 37,254

I like Ron Paul but he was too much of an extremist with his views. He didn't stand a chance at winning.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Sep 2 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #18

Pickpocket

Yes, but foreign policy it wasn't completely extreme was it?

In the end his Libertarian views only work for those who are exactly like him. Which I suppose generally a lot of us may not be, regardless of our location in the world.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
GTA_SA
post Sep 6 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #19

Pickpocket

One interview back in 1988, it is interesting to see him then and now, the contrast with how he thought about various issues of that era and his difference with this one.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Meyer Lansky
post Apr 26 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #20

Upstanding Citizen

Member No.: 18,805

who are we kidding? the Elite would assassinate him, if he were to make the changes he says.....he might end up another puppet

This post has been edited by Meyer Lansky: Apr 26 2011, 11:50 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 06:18 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4