IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> hitting cars from the back, is there a special way to do it to cause a fire? 0.o
post Jul 20 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Nobody Special

Group: Members
Member No.: 58,709

so every once in a while, im sure its happened to everyone: going too fast and hit a car from the back and the back of the car ignites. is this just a random occurence that R* put into the game code or is there a way to intentionally do this??
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Rconover
post Jul 22 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #2

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,505

I have had this sometimes, usually I drive a standard size car, and then I ram a cabby very violently where the gas tank is.
Achievements

+Quote Post
ViceMan
post Jul 23 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Pessimistic nihilistic.

Member No.: 10,896
PSN Name: ViceyThaShizzle

The car igniting I can understand - just. It's when the driver spontaneously combusts that gets me. I can only assume they were smoking when I crashed into them and they dropped the cigarette. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Rconover
post Jul 23 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #4

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,505

or when shooting at pursueing police cars, they engine goes on fire and then the cops jump out either on fire or dead
Achievements

+Quote Post
post Aug 4 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Nobody Special

Member No.: 58,709

QUOTE (Rconover @ Jul 22 2010, 06:06 PM) *
I have had this sometimes, usually I drive a standard size car, and then I ram a cabby very violently where the gas tank is.

where is the gas tank? and why is that sometimes i hit the car and it catches fire while other times, the driver just gets out the car and then falls to the ground? i know speed is a factor to whether it'll catch fire or just kill the driver but how do i determine what speed causes what?

This post has been edited by gamingismylife: Aug 5 2010, 01:02 PM
Achievements

+Quote Post
TreeFitty
post Aug 4 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #6

[ShitKickers] Posse
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 35,531
PSN Name: therealtreefitty

There are plenty of variables with the crashes. Impact-spot/speed/vehicle-type/etc go into the game deciding what to do. I've had plenty of head-on collisions that resulted in a fire. Sometimes fire, sometimes the ped flies out the window, sometimes the ped slumps over the steering wheel dead, sometimes nothing. The more you do it the more you'll see the different outcomes.

Is the fire supposed to happen? Maybe. It is possible it isn't but the game engine works all the variables into a bigger or much more damaging impact than it should be.

--------------------
gta 5

People say I'm crazy for running into burning buildings. I say I'm crazy because I do it for free.
Achievements

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:53 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4