post Jul 16 2010, 05:13 PM
Post #21

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, i'm frequenting the pause menu a lot in this game... there's a wheel of sorts, which works as a quick reference thing, and pauses the action but, i get confused when using it... the fighting aspect of the game is good but, the execution just feels off...

i am actually not sure if i will ever play it again... if naughty bear is available for rent tonight, i am returning this... if not, i might play it some more this weekend...

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 18 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #22

ok so, you don't physically journey to any of the locations on the map, just fast-travel?? that's kind of strange for a game like this but, i guess there's enough battling going on at these locations anyways...

i went through the redcliff castle, only to agree to leave and call upon a bunch of mages to help out... but, i got no clue where to go because, i don't see an icon on the map that says, "mage's here"... so, i am sitting at my campsite for now... i think i am going to leave morrigan behind and take my dog with me... her approval rating is plummeting down really fast, while leliana's is skyrocketing upwards... i'd prefer to keep a happy group together...

i am starting to get into it a little... i figured out how to use more effective attacks, i guess i had a bunch of shield attacks mapped to the buttons instead of the dual-wield weapon attacks, as my character does carry two swords... i think i might have to rent this for another 2 nights so i have this until tuesday... i am starting to finally understand the mechanics of the game AND, naughty bear is due back at the rental store on tuesday biggrin.gif... it'll give me more time to play a couple more quests and see if this game is worthy of a bargain bin purchase in the future...

but, given the fact that i am finally figuring things out, i think it might be worth a purchase in the future... i might be more interested in purchasing this game in the future than i would borderlands... i might take borderlands off that list...

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 18 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #23

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

The way Redcliff Castle works is, you go to the... Circle Tower, I think it's called? You go there, and then some shit goes down that I won't spoil. Basically, getting help from the mages isn't an option. You'll have to go back to Redcliff Castle and either kill the kid, or let Jowan (the blood mage) do his little ritual and send one of your mages into The Fade to kill the demon. If your character had been a mage, you could've unlocked the ability to be a blood mage yourself, but whatever, which is fun.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 18 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 18 2010, 12:57 PM) *
The way Redcliff Castle works is, you go to the... Circle Tower, I think it's called? You go there, and then some shit goes down that I won't spoil. Basically, getting help from the mages isn't an option...

is it near the redcliffe castle??

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 18 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #25

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Kind of. It's on your map.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 19 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #26

yea, i found it... and now i see what you mean by fucked up laugh.gif... i am trapped inside the sloth demon's dream world... i hope my teammates are OK because, wynn is one badass old lady i just met... she's practically the only reason why i made it this far into the circle castle, with her healing abilities in the middle of battle...

and they say they will help me if i can rid them of their trouble so, they better hold up their end because, this dream world is fucked up and seems like a waste of time when urgency is needed in redcliffe...

EDIT: ohh yea, i almost forgot... tonight is the last time i take this game for a spin so, i hope i can get this redcliffe situation taken care of before i have to return this game... this dream sequence better not take all night, lol...

but, i've seen enough variety so far to realize that this game plays out differently for different races and for taking different routes through the dialog branches... playing good or evil, befriending him or her, going here instead of there, etc... i think it might be worth the purchase in a few more months, maybe the last few weeks leading up to new vegas perhaps... who knows, maybe i'll just rent it again instead...

This post has been edited by Ben Grundy Wilson: Jul 19 2010, 07:44 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM
Post #27

OMG double post!! ban me!!

naughty bear wasn't available yesterday to rent... so, i re-rented this game...

i am actually glad i did re-rent it because, i am getting hooked to this game... i've saved redcliffe, the mages in the circle tower, and did some companion quests... the story is getting darker and deeper with each passing hour... i still have to unite the elves and dwarfs before i call the landmeet but, i am actually excited about traveling to these locales...

my crew consists of leliana, alistair, wynne and me... it's been this way ever since the circle tower and it's a nice combination of ranged/melee fighters... it works well in battle since wynne keeps us healed for the most part... however, i could not slay the giant dragon atop the mountain in the quest for the urn... that fucker made quick work of me and my crew over and over again... so, i just bypassed him... thankfully the mountain is accessible because, i am coming back here to kill her once i am strong enough... i want that dragon scale!! speaking of which, i got a couple of drake-scaled armor sets too... lightweight and amazing protection...

i am close to romancing leliana too... her approval rating is near the top of the bar... she's hinted the possibility but has yet to act upon it, no matter how many times i convince her... and wynne is putting her nose in my business about it too, saying i will have to chose between her and saving the world... what the fuck ever, stay out me business and focus on keeping us alive in battle...

i think i am going to save the elves next... not sure why but, i think i want to save the "lord of the rings" mordoor-like underground tunnels of the dwarfs for later... plus, travelling to towns makes me feel sorry for the elves, being trapped like holocaust victims behind gates, shielded from the rest of the population... i gotta see if i can do anything about that...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 21 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #28

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Did you pick Sten up in Lothering? He's a badass, even though he hates you forever. Also, there's another guy you pick up in the Dwarf place (which I can't remember the name of because I've been playing WoW and the only Dwarf place I can think of is Ironforge), and he's my favorite character. Aside from my character.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 21 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #29

nope, i never even heard of sten... i actually can't visit lothering right now for some reason that was probably explained but i missed due to way too much dialog in this game... but, i don't need another warrior right now... i've got 2 already... and 3 at times because, leliana isn't no slouch when it comes to combat... i've only recently been having her use the bow instead of the sword... but, she still uses a sword in CQC...

nope, the last character i added was that assassin elf... and he's just been chilling at the camp, i haven't even used him on a mission yet... and i don't think i ever will, i should of never invited him to the party... i may add another character or two here and there but, for the most part, i think i am set for who i take in battle... if i do add anyone, they'll probably just hang out at the camp too...

EDIT: ohh shit, forgot to mention this... that dream sequence in the circle tower was ridiculously way too fucking long... what the fuck man, i spent hours walking in circles... while it was cool to enter the fade, do some shape-shifting, and battle some demons, it was way too long... i don't ever want to do that again... but, i think i would have to if i started a new game considering that it's the only way to save the mage...

This post has been edited by Ben Grundy Wilson: Jul 21 2010, 05:01 PM

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 21 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #30

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Yeah, I downloaded a mod that cuts the fade down to just finding your team mates and fighting the sloth demon. That shit takes way too long.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
asthenia
post Jul 22 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #31

Psy is gay and stupid.
Group Icon

Member No.: 424
XBL Gamertag: aVarkatzas
PSN Name: Asthenia

This guy is a total fucking spastic.

--------------------
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 22 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #32

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

'Das uh bitch-ass nigga rite thurr.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (asthenia @ Jul 22 2010, 01:54 PM) *
This guy is a total fucking spastic.

he's got a point though... this game has a lot in common with LOtR... and a little bit of the twilight saga too... what the hell was the deal with the werewolves in the dalish forest? laugh.gif... when they started talking, i started laughing... but, it was a pretty fun quest to be honest, aside from the hilarity of talking werewolves... now i am on my way to the dwarven underground city...

leliana is now mine, all mine... and wynne even warmed up to the idea instead of lecturing me about it... yo know it's kind of funny... i keep alistair on my team as a friend yet, he has no dialog options... yet, wynne and leliana are loaded with dialog options... what the hell, i can't talk up a conversation with a good buddy? why must i always converse with the ladies of the camp? mad.gif... i'd like to have a best friend as well as a fling...

question: do you have to have arrows (fire or ice arrows) in order for a character to use the bow, or do they have a generic arrow that is unlimited in use?? i ask this because i noticed that leliana hardly ever uses the bow and arrow, at least not in the ruins deep in the forest... she ran out of fire arrows and i never gave her any more arrows...

another question(s): is dragon age: origins - awakening worth getting? that rental place going out of business near me now has games 70% off for the final week of the clearance sale and the last two times i was in there, they had this game... do i need to beat the original to play this one, or is it a separate game? do i create a new character with this game or can i bring over my current character? do i keep all my items and story branches as well?? details details...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #34

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I don't know about your crew, but when you use a bow, you have unlimited generic arrows. And Alistair should have just as many dialog options, so I don't know what to tell you.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #35

yea, there's a couple of things i can ask him but, they haven't changed in quite some time... it seems like i can't improve his approval rating thru dialog anymore, just through actions... and his approval rating isn't really all that high either, and it doesn't really budge at all during missions... a lot of times at camp, when i talk to either wynne or leliana, they have something new to say when i initiate conversation... yet with alistair, he just says his generic, "what do you want?" line... whatever...

so i read up on awakening... i guess it's probably best that i beat the game before i play it... all i have left to unite is the dwarves so, about how far am i from the end of the game??

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #36

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Okay, either you pissed Alistair off really bad at the beginning of the game, or there's some kind of glitch. Awakening was not worth full price for me, but 70% off is worth it, and Origins is worth full-price as far as I'm concerned, so buy them both. You will make multiple playthroughs of Origins, I've done every origin but the Dwarf Noble, and have run them all through Awakening. You will get your money's worth out of this game and you'll be surprised when you realize how addicted you are. It should keep you busy until New Vegas comes out.

As for how far off the end is, after you finish up with the Dwarves (which I would've done first), you'll do a group of quests in, whatever the main human city is called, I forget, then you'll do a quest in Redcliffe, then you'll head back to the main city for the final quests, which are epic and badass. When you get to the final quests, there's only going to be one chance to sell your loot, so take whatever gear you want to keep with you, even if that means stripping down your crew members. Whatever you have in your inventory at the end of the game goes with you when you import your character into Awakening.

Oh, and make sure you really look around when you hit the Deep Roads, there's a full suit of armor down there, and it's badass, so uncover the entire map, even if it means epic backtracking. It's worth it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #37

nah he's a good friend, i even did his side-quest for him where i meet his sister... i've never done anything to piss him off seeing as how he's a grey warden like me and i am trying my best to play this game as a positive role model on the world of ferelden... i almost thought i was going to be making a big evil mistake when i decided to side with the wolves but, the elf leader didn't die in the confrontation, allowing me one last chance to convince him to lift the curse and do the right thing... whew...

yea, if the discount applies for awakening, i could be looking at paying about $18 for it... it sounds worth it to me... however, origins is still retailed at about $40 (same as awakening) so, i am not sure what to do there... i can see myself playing through this game at least once more as a blood mage... and maybe also as a dwarf of some sort...

and i've been doing a ton of backtracking... when i reach a travel point on the map, i backtrack through the turns i passed up on in the area... if i don't have inventory space though, i tend to just continue on instead of going back... it seems like a problem i deal with every time... i've learned to stop picking up shitty weapons and armor... i no longer pick up gems, and i am thinking about selling all my crafting items since i haven't crafted something since way back in the beginning of my journey... it seems like a waste of space carrying around all that shit...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #38

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

It's a waste, yeah. If you were to play it on PC, the control scheme would be identical to WoW's, and the crafting system is the same too, except Dragon Age's crafting is worthless. You find all of the shit you'll need, so there's no reason to craft anything.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Jul 23 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #39

that's what i've noticed... i've got tons of potions so, why would i feel the need to craft them?? to make more money? hell, i've got 50-some gold pieces... that's more than enough for the things i use money for... i don't even really purchase much from vendors either... i tend to find all my goods in the dungeons... the only thing i purchase is ruses for enchanting weapons, the occasional helmet, and only just recently the backpacks... i had no clue that was how you made your inventory pace bigger, lol laugh.gif...

i might look at my gaming collection and make a decision... maybe i could trade a game in towards origins to lower the price... uncharted 2 perhaps? i really don't want to part with it, even though i haven't played it since early this year... it's one of those games that you are proud to display on your shelf biggrin.gif... friends keep borrowing infamous, i refuse to part with the saboteur, assassin's creed II has NO TRADE VALUE at all anymore, my GTA's will never be sold, little big planet still gives me the occasional "good times", RDR is going nowhere, my sports games have no trade value...

oh what the hell shall i do? bit the bullet and buy something i can't really afford right now, or spend another $7 for another 5 nights of renting? i've already spent $18 renting this game, had i known i would of been this interested in it, i would of just bought it then...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Jul 23 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #40

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Uncharted 2 does look good on a shelf, but if you're never going to play it again, you might as well get something more than a decoration out of it. I mean, if you're hesitant to spend $60 on a pair of games, you'd likely be more comfortable trading Uncharted in on Origins.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:28 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4