Post #101

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Group: Gold Member
From: Leichenstadt, State of Massacre, in the Warlord Empire
Member No.: 2,470
XBL Gamertag: WarlordMassacre
PSN Name: Warlord_Massacre

You take some of the ashes before you ruin them. If you'd ruined them on your warrior, you could've been a reaver. Fun specialty.

And Sten likes paintings. Get his approval high enough, get him to tell you why he killed that family, complete the connecting side quest, and he'll be all over your nuts.

--------------------
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Sep 12 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Massacre, you make me look like a rational, moral, kind person.
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 26 2009, 01:22 PM) *
Massacre - What you've just posted is sick and disturbing...
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
When Massacre is around, everything is violated... Whether it likes it or not.
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 6 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Whenever I think of "human resources" Massacre immediately springs to mind.

Achievements
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 23 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #102

doesn't play well with others...

Group: Staff
Member No.: 38,893
XBL Gamertag: your mother...
PSN Name: artistadam
Xfire Identity: i said your mother!!

yea, i've been giving him the paintings and the ales (because i don't have oghren yet)... the stuff that doesn't give much of a boost, i've been giving to allistair and zevran... i want my character to sleep with both and force allistair to the thrown as well so, i've been trying to re-hash the relationship since i kicked him out of the party... i did a similar thing with morrigan on my first file and found that boosting approvals works easier when they aren't in your party... you can give them gifts and carefully maneuver through dialog rather than piss it all away by making the wrong choice during missions...

and i fucked up as a warrior in getting him on the thrown by not getting enough support at the landsmeet the first time... i'll recruit logain with my evil blood mage (3rd file) because, i want my character to take the throne... and with allistair out of the picture and logain on my side, it should make it easier... unless logain tries to take it from me since i will perform the ritual and we both will still be alive...

or, at least that's how i want to set up the situations... this game seems like you can try and set things up like that... and alter the text at the end biggrin.gif...

EDIT: sorry yea, i am past the ashes part now... i did unlock the reaver specialty and the champion one as well... but, i am not sure which i want to bestow upon sten and oghren when the time comes... maybe i'll mix and match them... but in what order?? hmm... ohh well fuck it for now, i'm off to possibly orzamar, i haven't decided yet...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 23 2010, 01:26 AM

--------------------

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 15 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 23 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #103

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Go with Reaver for Oghren, because he already has the Berserker specialty. Also, you're not going to be king on this file. Only a human noble can be king. Elves and dwarves would never get the throne because elves don't answer to the king, and dwarves are a separate kingdom. A mage can't be king because no one trusts them.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 23 2010, 01:50 AM
Post #104

ahh fuck... well then... screw that idea... i figured my blood mage could turn the world into the next persian empire but, whatever... i'll deal with the hand i get... even if my mage is a male human (which he was going to be), he still won't get it, huh?? oh well...

maybe i'll replay my human noble story from the final battle and see what happens when i become king... i read that if you hardened leliana, she would become your mistress laugh.gif... and i am saved right in front of the arch-demon i believe so, it wouldn't take long...

This post has been edited by bOnEs: Aug 23 2010, 01:50 AM

--------------------

Oh, good one. The "you're on the internet so you must have no life" insult isn't moronic or unoriginal at all. You must, without a doubt, be a very important member of society, not at all a waste of the already barely valuable gift of life.

As is the case for everyone who takes issue with people who make them sad on the internet, you are one of two kinds of people:

You are exactly what you claim I am, and that is a lonely, pathetic basement dweller. You life is spent eating eight pounds of junk food per day, masturbating to anything you find online that's even remotely feminine, and wishing you had good looks and social skills. You continue to live with your mother until she dies of a combination of lung cancer and liver failure brought on by the chain-smoking and heavy drinking she used to cope with what a failure you are. Your mother mercifully dead and free of the living embodiment of failure she regretfully thrust from her loins, the bills start to pile up and you, unemployed and unable to pay these bills (of course), lose the house and everything in it. Somehow even more of a failure than you already were, you wander from place to place eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in your own filth until you finally die of AIDS, which you contracted from a diseased whore you scrounged up enough money to pay for, so you could finally lose your virginity while at the same time pretending that your mother was back in your life.

Or:

You are the type who was an athlete in high school, who was genetically doomed to be an idiot but managed to finish school and even get a college scholarship because you were so good at a worthless children's game. You went off to college with a suitcase full of polo shirts and condoms, the polo shirts, because you're a douche, and the condoms to prevent you from impregnating the dim-witted young college girls whom you could never touch without the aid of Rohypnol, a drug you refer to as "roofies" because you can neither spell or pronounce Rohypnol. You scrape by with borderline D's for the next four years, and leave the campus to go out into the real world where your realize you're not intelligent or talented enough to do anything of value with your life. Misery and minimum wage ensues for thirty years, then you blow your brains out, and your corpse, alone and forgotten, is not discovered until the smell of rotting flesh seeps under your door and your bodily fluids finally soak through the floor of your studio apartment and into the room below you. Your body is cremated, the ashes scraped into a garbage bin because there was no one in your life who valued you enough to pay for a casket, funeral, or burial plot.

You're undoubtedly one of the two, otherwise you would have better things to do than complain about the theme of a forum that doesn't care about anything you have to say.
Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Aug 23 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #105

The universe goes on forever and we are alone
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,164

Something weird I noticed: The dwarf origins are the only ones mentioned in game. (You don't hear about the humans castle being ransacked, but you can find the dwarf commoners corpse in the cage) Kind of a neat touch.

--------------------

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 13 2009, 01:45 AM) *
The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Die Zeiten haben sich geändert.
Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 23 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #106

the mentions are very subtle... i think i remember someone commenting on highever a couple times as a human... and it seems like someone said something about me being from the alienage once as well... it's very minor though, almost passing by without notice...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Aug 23 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #107

Group Icon

Yeah, you have to actually be those things. The dwarfs, however, any race can go into Orzammar and find the left overs of the Origins quests, supposing that they had failed instead of becoming Grey Wardens. I was an Elf. When I battled Jarvia, I found Leske in his cage, and he said the other person in the other cage just stopped eating and died. Up in the palace I found a note from the King lamenting that he sent his favored child to their death in the tunnels. Kind of fascinating.

--------------------

The reason is that when heartless says something stupid, he really means it and believes it.

“They refer to me as an uneducated barbarian. Yes, we are barbarians. We want to be barbarians, it is an honored title to us. We shall rejuvenate the world. This world is near its end.”

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 23 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #108

i see what your saying now... but, i've only done two origins so far so, i haven't noticed these things... it seems like i left the alienage right before the knights swooped in and claimed a plague had swept through and elves must be checked (in which they said none returned)... and knowing the origin story, it seems like it's probably a bit of retaliation for me killing their head knight...

i will find out though eventually... so, no one spoil that for me biggrin.gif... but, it seems like that is an origin story that still is present, even when playing as other races... with the human one, you just hear mention of highever but, you can't ever travel there to see it for yourselves... and i haven't done any dwarven one, nor the dalish elf one either...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 23 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #109

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

The mage origin is nice, in the way it connects with a later quest, but I won't go into detail until you've done the origin.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Aug 23 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #110

Group Icon

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 23 2010, 01:05 PM) *
i see what your saying now... but, i've only done two origins so far so, i haven't noticed these things... it seems like i left the alienage right before the knights swooped in and claimed a plague had swept through and elves must be checked (in which they said none returned)... and knowing the origin story, it seems like it's probably a bit of retaliation for me killing their head knight...

i will find out though eventually... so, no one spoil that for me biggrin.gif... but, it seems like that is an origin story that still is present, even when playing as other races... with the human one, you just hear mention of highever but, you can't ever travel there to see it for yourselves... and i haven't done any dwarven one, nor the dalish elf one either...

RP-wise, the dalish sucks ass. They get only one mention of their origin. You never see their clan again. Nothing is ever resolved for the dalish.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Aug 24 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #111

...which is why i am only going to play their origin... i already chose to play out the city elf file as my rogue, which has a nice revenge plot brewing... i've already completed my warrior file and all that's left is my mage file... the other origins i will probably never see to the end anyways, just far enough to unlock the trophy... i might try to tinker around as a dwarf but, i don't feel compelled to play out an entire 60 hour game with one...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Aug 24 2010, 02:58 AM
Post #112

Group Icon

The dwarf can be fun, but the game is really geared for a human noble warrior.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Aug 24 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #113

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

I did the Dwarf Noble origin earlier. This completely changes my view on my handling of Orzammar in my previous playthroughs...

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Sep 4 2010, 06:23 AM
Post #114

Group Icon

In the DA2 trailer, is that Isabella?

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 26 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #115

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Dragon Age II demo has been out since Tuesday. Give that shit a try, it plays well. I don't know about console, put PC was awesome.

I doubt enough people liked Origins for it to be worth my time to start a new topic.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Feb 26 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #116

Group Icon

I doubt I'll play it.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Feb 27 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #117

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Demo's worth a shot, at least. One area the demo takes place in looks fucking terrible, enough to turn most people off of the game, but the city area you see looks good. The graphics are the same, but the new art style is nice, the architecture and the redesign on the Qunari are great, although you don't see a Qunari in the demo

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
bOnEs
post Mar 5 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #118

flemmeth looked... different too... does this take place right alongside origins?? that seemed to be the vibe i got... it seems like the demo was taking place shortly after the blight wiped out lothering... and yes, the linear narrow mountain path looked god awful... but the scale of the area was epic if you looked past the invisible barrier... the town looked nice but, man o man i don't think i can put up with another 60 hours of hack 'n slash... the combat got extremely repetitive and boring only 10 minutes in... i forgot how frustrating the combat can be at times... in two battles i lost everyone except the warrior chick and spent 5 minutes just hacking away and using health potions... extremely boring...

i just don't think i want to play this series anymore... the story isn't all that interesting anymore, i really don't care about the blight or the characters in this world... so i uninstalled the demo and don't plan on looking back... i'll give mass effect 2 a shot someday but, i don't think i'll ever attempt dragon age II... someone i work with pre-ordered this so, i'll hear about it from him...

--------------------

Or:

Achievements

+Quote Post
Massacre
post Mar 8 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #119

Warlord of the Wastes.
Group Icon

Good news, everyone!

Dragon Age II for PC is unplayable if you have 16:9 resolution and DirectX 11. Coincidentally, I have 16:9 resolution and DirectX 11. Fuck you, Bioware.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post
Heartless
post Mar 8 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #120

Group Icon

If I play a dark fantasy game this year, it'll be Witcher 2.

--------------------

Achievements

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 01:55 AM

GTA 5 | GTA San Andreas | Red Dead Redemption | GTA 4